shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally my 1/4ct sol. on my finger

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Buffy01

Shiny_Rock
Ok here is the sordid story. I have been with my DH for 19 years, married for 17. When he proposed to me 19 years ago on Dec. 25th he presented to me a 1/4ct. solitaire e-ring and oh boy did I love it!!!!!!, a month later I lost it, but it meant soooo much to me. Last year he presented to me a 1.52ct solitaire for our 16th wedding anniversary, but I was still missing my 1/4ct, my first ring from him. Today he surprised me with a 1/4ct solitaire, brought back sooo many memories of how we first met and how we first got engaged and I figured I would share this with all you pser''s out there cause You all appreciate jewelry. I posted a pic of my new 1/4ct with my 1.52ct. My heart continues to skip a beat everytime I look at it.

P7220023.JPG

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very sweet of you husband, beautiful rings
1.gif

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
OK, that may be the sweetest thing I''ve ever heard!
30.gif
Sounds like you have a major sweetheart!!!!! Beautiful rings! Congrats on both and 17 years of marriage!
36.gif

Buffy01

Shiny_Rock
Thank you soo much diamondrnglover and luvmyhalo. I feel like he proposed to me all over again.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so, so sweet of your hubby!! Both rings are beautiful.
36.gif

Buffy01

Shiny_Rock
Oh Catmom thank you sooo much. By the way I must say I love your rings, especially the one that has the yellow diamond halo on the split shank, lellow ( I call it that instead of yellow) is my favorite color. Thanks you for the kind words.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
I will be echoing what others have said, but it was very thoughtful of your DH to surprise you with a 1/4 ct diamond ring. It sounds as if you are enjoying your ring and I hope it continues to provide you with happy memories. Your other ring is nice too, if you have time, we would love to see pictures of you wearing them.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thats just so sweet. What a lovely husband you have!

Buffy01

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much omieluv. The ring will never leave my finger again.!!!! I will work on getting a pic of the rings together. I plan to send it out to have it sized to fit my pinky finger on my left hand next to my wedding set. It only fits my right finger pinky right now. But I do have a model that I can take pics on (my beautiful daughter). So just hold on.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s the sweetest thing ever. What a wonderful thing for your husband to do!!! I love stories like this!!!
30.gif

Buffy01

Shiny_Rock
Ok omieluv here is a pic of the rings on my daughter''s finger, as you can see she too is a jewelry fanatic and she is only 14. Right now she is still wearing both solitaires and it will be a chase through the house to get them back.
1.gif

P7220005.JPG

Buffy01

Shiny_Rock
Ok so like I won the chase to get the rings back and here it is with my wedding set, as you can see it does not fit my pudgy beautiful pinky
21.gif

P7220003.JPG

Buffy01

Shiny_Rock
For now my lil'' precious will sit next to my peridot, not ready to send it out to be sized up. Doggone it why does one side of your body have to be bigger than the other!!!! Thank you all for your wonderful words, kind words are what really make the world go round.
21.gif

P7220017.JPG

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
That is such romantic story. Congratulations, your rings look beautiful on you. The .25 carat is so delicate! Would you mind posting specs on both rings?

(It won''t be long before your daughter''s on PS, huh? It must be nice to share a passion!)

Buffy01

Shiny_Rock
Hi there somehowcollide, thanks for your words, yes my daughter will be on PS soon I am sure. She already wants to purchase, technically put on lay-a-way a 1/2 ct solitaire in white gold. Kudos to her. I will get the specs on the 1/4 ct tomorrow, where my DH purchased the ring is where we are very well known and popular so the Manager said she would write up the specs and we could pick them up this week. The 1.52 specs are
measurements : 7.60-7.48x4.51
depth : 60.1%
table : 60%
Crown : 12.3%
Pavillion : 44.7%
girdle : thin to sl. thick fact.
culet : None
Finish : very good/ good
Clarity : VS2
Color : J
Flourescense : Faint

By the end of the week I will get the specs on the 1/4ct.

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
The 1/4 ct solitaire has a lovely, delicate appearance. I''m glad you have such a thoughtful husband. I like that peridot ring too -- is that your birthstone?

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 6:22:23 PM
Author: Buffy01
Hi there somehowcollide, thanks for your words, yes my daughter will be on PS soon I am sure. She already wants to purchase, technically put on lay-a-way a 1/2 ct solitaire in white gold. Kudos to her. I will get the specs on the 1/4 ct tomorrow, where my DH purchased the ring is where we are very well known and popular so the Manager said she would write up the specs and we could pick them up this week. The 1.52 specs are

measurements : 7.60-7.48x4.51

depth : 60.1%

table : 60%

Crown : 12.3%

Pavillion : 44.7%

girdle : thin to sl. thick fact.

culet : None

Finish : very good/ good

Clarity : VS2

Color : J

Flourescense : Faint

By the end of the week I will get the specs on the 1/4ct.

She''s already chosen a 1/2 carat solitaire?! I have to applaud her worthy appreciation for playthings much more sophisticated than her peers''. I imagine you''ve had a huge influence in that realm
31.gif

Thank you so much for sharing the details of your beautiful rings and sharing your story!

Ava15

Rough_Rock
What a great story! Congratulations on a wonderful marriage. While I too have "upgraded" after twenty years, I still have my petite yellow-gold wedding set with 1/4 diamond that we got married with. I love diamonds in all shapes and sizes, and I know he sacrificed to get me that small stone early in our marriage!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
That 1/4 ct. ring is beautiful, and you can''t beat the sentiment behind it! That is so romantic, and speaks so well to the depth of the love between you two. Perfect. :)

(The 1.52 is gorgeous, too, btw.)

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
what a beautiful story! congrats on getting your first love back~

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
He''s a keeper! (I''m assuming you already know that since you''ve kept him!)

Congrats on two beautiful rings!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so sweet of him...what a romantic! Congratulations on your beautiful rings!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
3 beautiful rings, WOW! Love them and your husband is just so dang sweet!!! Thanks for sharing the story; ahhhh
36.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Your hubby sounds like such a sweetie how romantic :) definitly a keeper

What a sweetie and your rings are beautiful :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results