shape
carat
color
clarity

FINALLY more pics of my 2.15 Asscher Sapphire!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
I know you''ve all been waiting...and I''ve been a bad bad PSer! But suffice it to say that unfortunately I have had a ton of less fun things that needed to get done before I could indulge you all...and THEN I decided to drop it off at Richard Wise''s shop for an appraisal and just got it back! Yay! So here are the much anticipated pictures and some more info on the stone courtesy of RW Wise.

6.8x6.8x5.5
Ceylon Sapphire
Color: Light Purplish Blue
Clarity: Eye flawless
Hue: 6.5(341)-------> if someone knows what this means PLEASE let me know!
Tone: 40-45%
Brilliance: 80%
Dichroic Effect: None

P1010395.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
And apologies for the nails and hands...it was either pics NOW or manicure. I knew what you all would choose....

P10104456415.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
An ode to the lovely 100 inches of snow we have gotten here in Madison this year...

P10345410421.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I love it, Neatfreak......More pics, please!!!!
36.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m trying to capture the "glow" this stone has in bright light...but just can''t seem to capture it quite right on film. It really is amazing though...these pictures don''t even compare to the real thing.

P103454310425.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s it for now, my apologies! Next time the sun is out I''ll try for some more pics.

And a big THANK YOU to all who inquired about my original engagement ring. The bad thing is that I ruined the setting due to my own stupidity and the garbage disposal (yes it really does happen...UGH). The good news is that my DH has been very very supportive, the stone is totally fine, we had insurance, and Mark at ERD is making me a new bezel setting right now for it. So all is well in the end. I just feel like a moron and/or an irresponsible 5 year old.
7.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
AHHHHHHHHHH YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! The wait is over!
9.gif
So very stunning.

So, I have to ask, after all the time you wore a diamond ring on that finger, and now you wear this (whether you end up replacing your ering or not) how do you compare the two? Is one or the other more fun to wear? Or more captivating? I am not phrasing my question well, but hopefully you see what I mean. Asking, of course, as I consider going the sapphire route for an ering.

Thanks again for the pics, and congrats again on a lovely piece. Wear it in good health!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2008 2:30:17 PM
Author: Miscka
AHHHHHHHHHH YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! The wait is over!
9.gif
So very stunning.

So, I have to ask, after all the time you wore a diamond ring on that finger, and now you wear this (whether you end up replacing your ering or not) how do you compare the two? Is one or the other more fun to wear? Or more captivating? I am not phrasing my question well, but hopefully you see what I mean. Asking, of course, as I consider going the sapphire route for an ering.

Thanks again for the pics, and congrats again on a lovely piece. Wear it in good health!

I think I really prefer the sapphire actually! I personally think it is more fun to wear, and since it is such a captivating cut and color EVERYONE compliments/notices it. Much different than my other ring, which when people noticed, they loved, but people really seem to notice this one a lot more because it's unusual.

I think diamonds are so common that no one really notices them unless a) they are a PSer or b) it is huge. Personally, I LOVE diamonds and can't wait to get my other ring back. But I'll wear the sapphire with my wedding ring and the diamond on my right hand.

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
My heart pitter patters when I see your GORGEOUS ring. With it being so beautiful in the pictures I can just imagine what it looks like in person. Can''t wait to see other pictures.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
nf, thanks for the new pics. We really DO appreciate it. Your ring is just lovely, love that blue, and suits your finger perfectly!
5.gif

And I''m glad to hear your old stone is finding a new home, I''m sure it will be lovely too. Don''t beat yourself up to much, just live and learn.
2.gif

Wear this in good health!!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Neatfreak........................ I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
your new ring. That sapphire is unbelieavable... The also fab!!! What did you wear as your ering before???? I would wear that in a minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stacy

Shiny_Rock
Now, THAT was worth the wait! I am so glad your ring made it bac to you safely, and that you shared more pics... I LOVE it so much... I am so hoping that Jeff can located some similar rough so I can have something like this...

I esp. love the color blue next to those orange flowers! Perfection!
36.gif

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
That''s gorgeous! Remind me again where you got the sapphire from....please

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Neatfreak! It''s gorgeous ... My f
30.gif
ve is the first pic in the flowers. The color of your stone just looks incredible!

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness, that stone is soooo stunning! I love the setting too!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2008 3:36:00 PM
Author: Sparkles22

Hi Sparkles! The sapphire is from Jeff White at White''s Gems. He''s fantastic!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s sooooooo beautiful! WOW! The new pictures are awesome! It looks great with your wedding band, too! I don''t remember you wearing it next to the w-band in your other thread.

So you''re getting a different setting this time around for your poor e-ring? That''s such a bummer! Your diamond is gorgeous, too...can''t wait to see it in its new home!

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/21/2008 3:58:30 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 2/21/2008 3:36:00 PM
Author: Sparkles22

Hi Sparkles! The sapphire is from Jeff White at White''s Gems. He''s fantastic!
Thanks
9.gif
It really is beautiful! I
30.gif
the color I
30.gif
the cut I
30.gif
how it looks on

Dogmom

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous, just gorgeous
1.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Neatfreak--That is a fabulous sapphire ring. I just love it. Sorry about your diamond/disposal issue. I think this is the prettiest sapphire ring I''ve seen. So many of them are dark enough that you can''t really see the facets. Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results