shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally found my ring!! Antique art deco

MJ0911

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend and I have been discussing getting engaged for a couple of years, and I have been SUPER indecisive about the ring. First we thought antique, but I couldn't find anything that really spoke to me (we're London-based). Then I fell in love with peach sapphires, but again just couldn't find one that felt "right". Then I loved oval diamonds - we figured out the perfect setting and were in contact with GOG about what looked like the perfect diamond for us. The plan was to pick it up when we visited the U.S. over Christmas. Then when Christmas shopping I spotted the perfect art deco all-original antique ring. On Saturday we bought it!!

I don't know much on the specs except it's about 1 carat centre, bezeled with millegrain, beautiful laticework underneath. My stone wouldn't be winning any beauty contest under a macro lens, but in real life it throws of beautiful flashes of colour and has so much fire, I really love it and all its quirks.

Here's some quick photos I took with my phone camera in the shop - this is next to a window (on a cloudy day - this is London after all :roll: ) with an overhead light. I know these stones tend to perform best in candlelight, or dimmer lighting, but this is all I have for now.

We bought a tub of cleaner whilst there - the first time I saw it a few other people had been trying it on and it was a bit grubby so I had reservations about its performance, the second time the seller cleaned it right before it went on my finger and the difference was truly amazing!

Next stop, figuring out what kind of wedding band would match :naughty:

ring_168.jpg

ring_169.jpg

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Re: Finally found my ring!!

You found a gorgeous ring! Please post more pictures including profiles.

MJ0911

Rough_Rock
I definitely will! Should pick it up sometime this week. It's really beautifully crafted underneath, and I like that the airline gap is just big enough to see some of the detail that is otherwise hidden.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful! Please try to take some close up shots for us so we can see the details! So happy for you to have found a ring you love!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is stunning! It sounds like everything worked out perfectly.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooohhh!! I love an antique halo! More pics, please!! :cheeky: :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is very pretty! :love: How awesome that you found it when you weren't expecting it. Can't wait for more pictures!

MJ0911

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! :)

It has been sized and my boyfriend is picking it up today, so definitely you will be getting way more pics that you could ever want over the next few days!!

MJ0911

Rough_Rock
Got it got it!!! Proper camera has no charge, so here are some more iphone photos but hopefully showing some of the details...

2015_-_6.jpg

2015_-_5.jpg

2015_-_0.png

2015_-_4.png

mayday

Rough_Rock
what a beauty! it looks lovely on you and the center stone looks really nice!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is a really pretty ring! It looks just perfect on your hand too! I love the delicate gallery work, it is a really special touch to your new ring. I think any kind of delicate band would be beautiful with your ring. If I were you, I would pair a delicate eternity band with it.
You really scored finding that lovely ring, congratulations!

MJ0911

Rough_Rock
luv2sparkle|1421971791|3820654 said:
Wow, that is a really pretty ring! It looks just perfect on your hand too! I love the delicate gallery work, it is a really special touch to your new ring. I think any kind of delicate band would be beautiful with your ring. If I were you, I would pair a delicate eternity band with it.
You really scored finding that lovely ring, congratulations!

Thanks - that's exactly my thoughts too. I was thinking of a thin rose gold eternity band but I've also heard that platinum can "eat" gold so not sure (unless I also got a spacer).

If you have any ideas I'd love to see them! There are some really lovely ones I've seen around (eg I love Junebug's one!) but I think it might be a case of me going and trying some on to see how they look in real life. My poor fiance - he's already had 2 years of being dragged into jewelry stores, I think he thought the engagement ring would be the end of it! ;-)

MJ0911

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your kind words - I have to say I'm thrilled! Sorry for the rubbish iphone photos, I will at some point try to get some better pics (though some on here are so amazing I can't hope to reach that level of skill!)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful and I love the gallery!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
What a stunning find! Gorgeous, the details are amazing. Congratulations!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG your ring is GORGEOUS. :love: So beautiful in every way. It is delicate, elegant yet substantial. Love the gallery, love the details and OMG love the stone. :love:

2015_-_5.png

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, with lovely detailing. Congratulations!

MJ0911

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much everyone - we plan on telling our families next weekend so until then I can't show anyone except anonymously online, so your comments mean a great deal! Not to mention you guys all have pretty expert taste! So thank you so much - have to say I'm thrilled (and a little worried I may have sprained my wrist by holding my finger aloft all day to admire it... :roll:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an absolutely gorgeous ring, I love every detail about it, you found a real winner! Congratulations, it is perfection on your hand! :appl:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, stunning in every way, congrats!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results