shape
carat
color
clarity

Exited and engaged! Pics of my e-ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jlabos

Rough_Rock
Great story, love the ring! Congrats!!!

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
I tried wedding rings that alternate betwen bagetts and princesses but I don''t really like it at all. I would like to keep the classic look going. So far I just liked the eternity band betwee .15 cts. - .7cts in each stone. Pics are welcome for suggestions!

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/18/2005 3:13:39 PM
Author: albicocca
WAIT WAIT WAIT ''If I stay with this setting''???? Are you considering switching it???? Nooooo, you can''t, it is TOO GORGEOUS!!!!!

Maybe. I''m not yet sure. My finace told me when he gave me the stone that he really didn''t have time to pick out or custom make something he had in mind because of the deadline he was working for (that time went into picking the stond), and that if I want I can change the setting b/c he knew I liked the look of pave.

But honestly, I''ve been looking around and I haven''t found anything I really liked. I like pave but it tends to detract form the stone a little bit. Pave also changes the look form a more modern classic look, to a more antique classic look that I also like. So I''m a little torn

Do I go for the that icy modern look or the antique softe feminine look that detracts from my stone a bit?

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Well I certainly know what you mean about pave, since that''s the route I''m going to take
1.gif
, but I still think it would be a shame to get rid of that setting!! If I didn''t choose pave, I think I would definitely want something with baguettes like yours - it''s so traditional and classic and modern all at once. In fact, your ring is the first one in quite a while that''s made me reconsider whether I definitely want pave in the first place.
4.gif

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
The only thing that is really holding me back from a thin (3 sided) pave band going around is that it will no longer have that icy crystal rock look.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely Stunning!
36.gif
emcocktl.gif
3.gif

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
I was having a hard time getting a nice shot of it with a flash, but here is one

xxx.jpg

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
What a fabulous story.

Your ring is soooooo gorgeous too.
30.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats
36.gif
It is beautiful
30.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I think I have figured out something! The reason I think you should keep your setting (even though I do adore pave) is because the princess cut has such clean sharp lines. I think something like a round or a cushion is more suited to a pave setting, but with a nice crisp-cornered princess stone, I think the overall effect with baguettes looks better? I think? That was just a thought that occurred to me, since I was a little confused as to why I felt so strongly that you shouldn''t switch your setting even though I theoretically prefer pave to baguettes.
1.gif

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
I think you are absolutely right. A coushion or a assher looks a lot more appropriate in pave.

My fiance said that I should wear this for now b/c maybe later my taste will change and I will have something more definite in mind. Since this is a princess he wants to be careful and not have it reset alot.

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
More hand pics. These arn''t as good in sharpness

PB150113.jpg

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
You have such pretty hands and nails - I hate you.
2.gif
Your ring is beautiful. Classic. What a gorgeous stone!

Congratulations on your engagement!
35.gif

kaya

Rough_Rock
beautiful!

Allie_oops

Rough_Rock
Drooling and jealous. That is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! Yum! What a fabulous stone and ring!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I have seen some WRs that are baguette eternity with the bagettes lengthwise so they parallel the baguettes in your ER. Just a thought.

shay

icekid

Ideal_Rock
very nice ring... I really like the setting as it is, for a princess. congrats!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
what a beautiful ring! I love the current setting, actually! and congrats on the engagement... what a great proposal!

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/18/2005 4:58:10 PM
Author: Shay37
I have seen some WRs that are baguette eternity with the bagettes lengthwise so they parallel the baguettes in your ER. Just a thought.

shay
I like a lot of sparkle and the bagattes don''t really perform as well as I would like.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the setting as is ... but I did see this new princess setting posted today that reminds me of the Daniel K split shanks that we all love so darn much ...

scassiprincess.jpeg

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
thank you for the pic. That is kind of what I want except only with one thin strip of pave on all three sides.

I have a picture of the moment he PROPOSED! Does anyone want to see?

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/18/2005 1:09:29 PM
Author: decodelighted

1-Which photographer did ya pick? Website? C''mon - give it up!

Sorry, I missunderstood your question. The photographer I picked is Susan Baker. I love her photos they are so professional and artistic. Her website is www.susanbakerphotography.com if anyone is curious.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I love it in the setting it is in. Is it platinum? If so, I wouldn''t change a thing. My taste is for the simple and modern updates on classic styles (think Ann Taylor) and to me, your setting is PERFECT. I would consider getting a plain plat 2 mm band, myself. I feel like if you get too many other things going on it takes away from the center stone and yours is SO beautiful, I''d let it stay the center of attention.

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/18/2005 6:33:20 PM
Author: gailrmv
I love it in the setting it is in. Is it platinum? If so, I wouldn''t change a thing. My taste is for the simple and modern updates on classic styles (think Ann Taylor) and to me, your setting is PERFECT. I would consider getting a plain plat 2 mm band, myself. I feel like if you get too many other things going on it takes away from the center stone and yours is SO beautiful, I''d let it stay the center of attention.

Its 18K gold, which is another reason I want to possibly change it. I like the whitness of platinum. I was thinking about a plane thin band, one that won''t even be that noticable. Which is why I will definetly have that,
9.gif
he he. But in addition, I just wanted more bling bling that a band with diamonds diamonds would do.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2005 6:12:07 PM
Author: Kaleidoscopic
thank you for the pic. That is kind of what I want except only with one thin strip of pave on all three sides.

YES PLEASE!!
9.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock

Of course!

Your proposal story is so cute! I love that you had friends and family there...and I can''t believe he got up infront of 300 people! Your ring is AMAZING! absolutely amazing!!!! Congratulations on your recent engagement too!

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/18/2005 6:49:00 PM
Author: albicocca

YES PLEASE!!

9.gif

HERE IT IS!!!!!!! As you can see, I was in a state of shock!

proposal.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results