shape
carat
color
clarity

examples of Bad Custom

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
Does anybody have any examples of a bad experience with having your ring custom made? I am probably going to do this, but I am meeting with several jewelers before I decide who to use. What are some things I should look for/ask?

Thanks!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi coco,

There are so many things that can go wrong, so it might be easier if you told/showed us what you are thinking of getting, and then we could point out what to look/ask for.

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Tell them you have a deadline, make sure you get it in writing when they tell you how long it will take. I''ve been given discounts because that deadline wasn''t made!

DO NOT PAY THE FINAL PAYMENT until you are COMPLETELY satisfied with the pieces! Do not leave with anything less than your idea of perfection!

Also, get it in writing that you are allowed a period of time to change you mind... make sure they have a 30 or more day fix it clause... so if there is something you don''t notice in the final inspection that you find a week later... you can take it back and have them fix it without you having to pay for it!

What are you looking to have made? I''m sure someone here can tell you who the best is at whatever you are trying to do... I know LM is like, legendary for his CLAWS!

karencluff

Rough_Rock
Wow. I am kind of going through this right now. By bf and I had a ring custom made - princess cut set on point. The jeweler has a certain way he does his jewelry (to be expected). Process is slower. I loved the product that we had - but then we continued to engrave it and now.... well I am not so thrilled any more. BF is super concerned becuase he wants me to have something I "love and can''t wait to have". So the question is... now what do we do???

It is hard because on one hand I feel bad about the work that has been put in and don''t want to offend the jeweler. Ont the other hand, I should have something perfect that I love right?? and engraving can''t be undone...
Dilemma.

My advice is to know what you want and take it one step at a time.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Just went through an awful experience. My advice:

1. Get EVERYTHING in writing.
2. Be incredibly specific about what you want. I mean, really specific.
3. Make sure you discuss your expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results