shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Evan's steampunk Rose Gold (Men's!) Ring w/ Asscher

nararabbit

Shiny_Rock
evs_ring_cad_small.jpg

For those that checked out the thread a week or two ago in Rocky Talky, this was the CAD from before... and Chelsea kindly sent me some photos to tide me over until the ring arrives on Monday. How I will survive until then, I don't know! Here is the finished ring, in all its amazing glory... (Hand shots to follow, I promise! The diamond is an F VS2 Excellent/Ideal cut from James Allen. I know Kenny loves asschers so I am curious to see what he thinks especially. I think I did pretty well for my first real fancy shape diamond buy. :mrgreen:

evsring_final2.jpg

evs_ringfinal.jpg

It's a surprise. I got him a ring box that looks like a toad made of enamel, as he loves lizards, frogs, etc. So I will surprise him w/ that come Valentine's, along with flowers, a couples massage, and dinner at a nice restaurant.

(Did I mention we've been together 5 years and are 10x more in love than when we began? I know, gag me! :lol: )

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not usually big on jewelry for men but that is REALLY COOL. Sounds like he's gonna LOVE it -- congrats on an amazing gift & your happy union!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I love this! What a creative ring, and if he is not absolutely blown away, I'll be amazed.

When my younger DD got married a few years ago, they had a steampunk wedding, and would have loved something like this for the groom's ring.

I'm looking forward to seeing more photos on Monday.

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Thats so awesome!
I've gotta know, do the gears work??

My friend got married with a gear ring which works and its SO fun! One that works with a diamond would be the epitome of cool! :))

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it!!

I am making my own husband a ring with a diamond for our fifth anniversary too! Not as fancy as that, though. Can't wait to see photos of the completed ring!

nararabbit

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the nice comments! Unfortunately, the gears do not work - I don't doubt they could make one that did, but the expense of labor and planning wasn't conducive to my budget or timeframe. Perhaps that's an idea for the future! :Up_to_something:

FancyDiamond, I am especially flattered by your praise. I've always loved your pear pendant, so it makes me feel good to hear my taste (though personal) isn't horrific as I sometimes imagine it is.

The designer just convo'd me that she bumped me up to Saturday delivery, so it will be here tomorrow.... just in time for me to go to work! That'll be the longest shift of my life.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Totally cool! Awesome gift--I'd love one!

cheers--Sharon

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is sooo cool! We need some hand pics!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
That is SO cool! How amazing would it be if the gears moved? It's my favorite men's design ever.

kefira

Shiny_Rock
My husband and I both love the metal choice, as well as the design. Could you share the alloy used?

nararabbit

Shiny_Rock
Hi kefira,

It's 14k rose gold, half sandblasted (background) and half high polish (gears, rails, and lining.) Hope that helps.

It's looking more and more like it won't arrive until after I've left in 1/2 an hour or so. I'm so bummed! I know I won't be able to focus at all tonight, knowing my husband will be signing for it (with strict instructions not to open it, of course!)

nararabbit

Shiny_Rock
It came 15 minutes before I had to leave! I'm at work with no way to upload pictures, but I will tonight (on my finger of course...)
It's so gorgeous, I can't stop staring. I know he is just going to drop dead when he sees it. :love: Waiting for Valentine's Day is going to be soooo torturous! I actually like it on me too, so perhaps I'll have Chelsea make a second one. We'll see. I'm thrilled with the service from Gary & Chelsea Swank, I highly recommend them for custom work. :lickout:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a cool ring! What is the size of the stone for perspective? I love the gears! That is about the coolest thing I have ever seen!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great!

nararabbit

Shiny_Rock
luv2sparkle, it's .66 f vs2, with a spread of 5.03 x 5.04. I had to look for a good spread because most in that size range were more like 4.84 to 4.91. I had Luis at James Allen helping me search for the perfect, gorgeous stone. My 1.5 ct RB doesn't stand a chance against this beauty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results