shape
carat
color
clarity

ERD ring just arrived!!

davidsbfly

Rough_Rock
woofmama|1404607340|3707505 said:
Beautiful!!! The sparkle must be blinding :sun: ERD did a fab job on your setting :appl:

It IS blinding!! :D Especially in the sun! I find it hard driving and keeping my eyes on the road because of the blinding sparkle!! :lol:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just gorgeous! ERD is such an amazing cad/cast designer, I think the best! When the time comes for a setting re-do for my Wedding set I'll be looking to them!

davidsbfly

Rough_Rock
I am so incredibly happy with ERD!! :D I have to send in my ER next week to have the rest of the diamonds added to the bottom and at the same time I am having them make my wedding band as well! I am going to miss my ring so much since I just got her back ;(
Though I know she will be in good hands and well taken care of :)
Now I have to figure out if I need a spacer or not...really don't want to have one but I want to protect my two precious babies when I wear them together!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
davidsbfly|1404660331|3707714 said:
I am so incredibly happy with ERD!! :D I have to send in my ER next week to have the rest of the diamonds added to the bottom and at the same time I am having them make my wedding band as well! I am going to miss my ring so much since I just got her back ;(
Though I know she will be in good hands and well taken care of :)
Now I have to figure out if I need a spacer or not...really don't want to have one but I want to protect my two precious babies when I wear them together!

I am sure it will be a gorgeous look with the spacer!
Happy waiting for your completed set :wavey:

Partly because of your story I feel extra confident working with ERD on my
upcoming project :naughty:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! :love: Looks lovely on your hand. Wear in health and happiness. :love:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's fabulous!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Hello again,
Can I be really annoying and ask you a few questions.
1. what is the size of the melee used in your halo?
2. what are the dimensions of your centre stone?
3. what are the size of the melee on your band?
4. Did you angle your halo at all?
5. what is the actual dimensions of the whole halo?

:)
Lauren

davidsbfly

Rough_Rock
laurenk|1404693922|3707918 said:
Hello again,

Lauren

Hi Lauren!

You are not annoying at all! Glad I can help! Here is the info:

2 pointers (0.02 ct)

6.67x6.69x4.05

2 pointers in the band and not exactly sure what size they are in the split but should know once I get the appraisal from Mark.
Yes-30 degree tilt

Just measuring it with my ruler, to me it looks to be 10mm. My last one was 12mm and had a bit more finger coverage even with the same sized melee, but it didn't have the halo tilt so that is why. I personally LOVE this one so much more!! Much more aesthetically pleasing to my eye :)

Also the ring is a size 6 as I wanted it to be a little loose.

Hope that helps! Let me know if there is anything else you would like to know :)

Puppy4248

Shiny_Rock
OH MY, this is gorgeous!!!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
davidsbfly|1404742132|3708147 said:
Hello again,

Lauren

Hi Lauren!

2 pointers (0.02 ct)

6.67x6.69x4.05

2 pointers in the band and not exactly sure what size they are in the split but should know once I get the appraisal from Mark.
Yes-30 degree tilt

Just measuring it with my ruler, to me it looks to be 10mm. My last one was 12mm and had a bit more finger coverage even with the same sized melee, but it didn't have the halo tilt so that is why. I personally LOVE this one so much more!! Much more aesthetically pleasing to my eye :)

Hope that helps! Let me know if there is anything else you would like to know :)

Thank you sooooo much!!! It's all the little specifications that are soooo important and I'm trying to design mine as close to perfection as possible before I send it away.

I wondered whether you chose a 30deg angle for the halo after looking at similar or you have always wanted that? One jeweler said to me that 7deg is what he does (I'm not see you'd even notice hehe) and I just don't know how to determine this.

Did you give Mark and freedom with his suggestions and recommendations or
Did you have every aspect carefully planned out? Did you have pics of the cad at all? Or was it hand made?

davidsbfly

Rough_Rock
laurenk|1404767309|3708382 said:
davidsbfly|1404742132|3708147 said:
Hello again,

Lauren

Hi Lauren!

2 pointers (0.02 ct)

6.67x6.69x4.05

Yes-30 degree tilt

Thank you sooooo much!!! It's all the little specifications that are soooo important and I'm trying to design mine as close to perfection as possible before I send it away.

I wondered whether you chose a 30deg angle for the halo after looking at similar or you have always wanted that? One jeweler said to me that 7deg is what he does (I'm not see you'd even notice hehe) and I just don't know how to determine this.

Did you give Mark and freedom with his suggestions and recommendations or
Did you have every aspect carefully planned out? Did you have pics of the cad at all? Or was it hand made?

I chose the 30 degree tilt after seeing similar. I love the way the tilt of the halo almost seems like an extension of the angle of the diamond. I didn't want the flying saucer look. A 7 degree angle seems like a weird number to choose...almost random!

Mark would certainly tell you that I did not give him the freedom with his suggestions lol...I went against pretty much all suggestions except for not adding the diamonds to the bottom to make a full eternity until I had the ring to try on for size purposes. I am glad we did it in a size 6 though. My last ring was a 5.5 and I really love the looseness with this ring! Especially once it's paired with a spacer and wedding band, I will really be liking the extra space. I detest finger cleavage! lol

I do also have 2 CADS that Mark sent, though the first one had a round halo and I had wanted a cushion shaped halo, but he had said it was preliminary and just to give me an idea I guess. The second one still didn't have the right type of split I wanted but Mark assured me I would get the split I wanted after I saw the metal casting and they had to recast. I have to say Mark got it even better than I had anticipated! I love my ring so much!! :D

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much! I'll continue with my pestering of Mark! I feel I'm getting closer and really appreciate your insight!!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I love cushion halos!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Again davidsbfly

I think I'm getting closer, I'll likely stick with 2 pointers as per my current halo. I thing a 25-30deg halo will be a vast improvement.

I'm so nervous of "diamond shrinkage" not my centre but the whole halo on my hand, which will be a tiny bit smaller when I remove metal a airline.

I've attached a pic of my current setting for your opinion too, if you'll indulge me.

I also wondered whether you may feel comfortable sharing you cad And wax images from ERD? I love the finished product but would love to see th process and compare.

I am undecided on split shank or single.....

Thanks again, I never thought setting a diamond would consume my every thought hehe.

I do sometimes have a very naughty thought of upgrading my diamond again to keep a great finger coverage...... I will likely be divorced though hehe.

_20106.jpg

davidsbfly

Rough_Rock
laurenk|1405069665|3711241 said:
Hi Again davidsbfly

I think I'm getting closer, I'll likely stick with 2 pointers as per my current halo. I thing a 25-30deg halo will be a vast improvement.

I'm so nervous of "diamond shrinkage" not my centre but the whole halo on my hand, which will be a tiny bit smaller when I remove metal a airline.

I've attached a pic of my current setting for your opinion too, if you'll indulge me.

I also wondered whether you may feel comfortable sharing you cad And wax images from ERD? I love the finished product but would love to see th process and compare.

I am undecided on split shank or single.....

Thanks again, I never thought setting a diamond would consume my every thought hehe.

I do sometimes have a very naughty thought of upgrading my diamond again to keep a great finger coverage...... I will likely be divorced though hehe.

Yes that is one thing with having the halo tilt if you are used to a flatter halo (and airline) you will definitely have less finger coverage as it will be smaller. I thought it would bother me but so far it hasn't at all. I love the look of this halo so much more than what I had before!

I too had a single shank but decided to do this split with this ring, but also wanted it to look more like a single from the top view and see more of the small split from the side. It is exactly how I imagined but better!

Here are pics of the second round of CADs that we changed in the end (I didn't get to see cads of the final production), as well as the wax with the split before we changed it, as well as pics of the metal that had to be recast:

comparison2.jpg

20140506_103842.jpg

20140506_104040.jpg

_20185.jpg

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
You're a gem! Thank you thank you!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Hi davidsbfly! I actually stumbled upon your original ering and all your reset troubles. I have to say I was blown away at what it was and what it is now. Your new ring by erd is amazing. Elegant, delicate, royal. The first ring whilst very pretty did not sing like this new one does! I remember you saying the finger coverage is a a little less now but the overall effect is so much greater!!! Do you feel like your new ring is something solid and perfect that you love showing off?

I've given mark the go ahead for my reset!!!! Can't wait!!

davidsbfly

Rough_Rock
Yeah the before and after are not even comparable! It's like night and day! The sparkle and beauty of my ring now far outweigh the extra finger coverage of my last ring to me.

Also so glad to hear you decided to go with Mark!! You will not be disappointed! He has my ring now as a matter of fact, having the rest of the diamonds set in the band, as well as having my wedding band and a platinum spacer made. I can't wait to get it back!!

So what did you decide on for the details of you ring? I can't wait to see pictures!

Paula:)

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Paula,
Whilst still toying with an upgrade....... I have given Mark these instructions thus far:

* 1.5 pointers on the halo, whatever you feel is the correct size for the band.
* subtle split like Paula's ring and like the Vincent canera Anne Marie
* second row of pavè on the edge of the halo like victor canera "emilya with two row pavè" (this is what it's called on their site) - will this pavè be the same size as the halo pavè 1.5pointers?
* cushion shaped halo
* white gold
* 3/4 band of pavè
* finger size Australian "i" which I'm pretty are equates to a 4 1/2 American.
* minimal metal visible on halo
* unsure yet as too single or double claw prongs....

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
laurenk - You should probably start your own thread. Your might get more responses and we can enjoy davidsbfly's ring more fully.

davidsbfly - Lovely ring. It looks so STRONG even with all that pave and a really well made ring.

davidsbfly

Rough_Rock
CharmyPoo|1406031926|3718177 said:
laurenk - You should probably start your own thread. Your might get more responses and we can enjoy davidsbfly's ring more fully.

davidsbfly - Lovely ring. It looks so STRONG even with all that pave and a really well made ring.

Thank-you CharmyPoo! I must say I really do enjoy my ring! I can't wait to get it back on my finger! :)

davidsbfly

Rough_Rock
laurenk|1405988819|3717947 said:
Hi Paula,
Whilst still toying with an upgrade....... I have given Mark these instructions thus far:

* second row of pavè on the edge of the halo like victor canera "emilya with two row pavè" (this is what it's called on their site) - will this pavè be the same size as the halo pavè 1.5pointers?
* cushion shaped halo
* white gold
* 3/4 band of pavè

So did Mark know what ring you were referring to when you said you wanted a split like Paula's? lol...or did you show him the pics? He probably knew lol ;-)
Anyway yours sounds like it will be amazing and I can't WAIT to see the finished product!! The pave on the edge of the halo sounds beautiful!! Also you have tiny fingers! I used to take a 4.25 (my first wedding set) 21 years ago and my new rings I had made into a size 6! I like them a little bit loose and funny thing is, is that I am just as thin as I was back then! lol :)

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
davidsbfly|1406075711|3718675 said:
laurenk|1405988819|3717947 said:
Hi Paula,

* cushion shaped halo
* white gold
* 3/4 band of pavè

So did Mark know what ring you were referring to when you said you wanted a split like Paula's? lol...or did you show him the pics? He probably knew lol ;-)
Anyway yours sounds like it will be amazing and I can't WAIT to see the finished product!! The pave on the edge of the halo sounds beautiful!! Also you have tiny fingers! I used to take a 4.25 (my first wedding set) 21 years ago and my new rings I had made into a size 6! I like them a little bit loose and funny thing is, is that I am just as thin as I was back then! lol :)

Hi Paula!! Mark knew exactly who I was referring too hehe. I'm afraid I've been annoying him a bit but feel like he's got enough to start with. Roughly how long did the "go" to first cad take?

I think adding a side pavè will add a smidge more size and I love to see the bling on a profile shot.

I'm sure my fingers will follow suit - I just turned 30 (although have been married for 8 years plus 3 kiddies!!)

I'm so excited but itching to see the first cad!!!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning!! Congrats! We have worked with Mark at ERD in the past and thought he was wonderful!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results