shape
carat
color
clarity

ERD / my cushion/side baguette ring

honor

Rough_Rock
I received a few photos of my new ring made by ERD. I am pretty excited.
The photos are not the best, I would have preferred some finer "glamour" shots, but oh well.
I should be receiving the ring tomorrow and will post a review/ring details at the time.

_20869.jpg

h2-2.jpg

h3-2.jpg

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Honor- Congratulations! She is an absolute beauty! You are my ring twin! I hope you don't mind if I hijack your thread to show you a few "live," pics- to hold you over until tomorrow!! Mark at ERD made mine nearly 4 years ago- I have an OMB flanked by 2 bullets with double claw prongs. I am so happy for you- it's a beautiful setting! Can't wait for you to post some handshots!!

2014073095202602.jpg

2014073095202542.jpg

honor

Rough_Rock
oh wow TruLuv858, your ring is incredible! I was originally going to go with bullets but needed up with baguettes.
I'm feeling really nervous and anxious... and excited! I can't wait to take handshots!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
honor|1406770036|3723480 said:
oh wow TruLuv858, your ring is incredible! I was originally going to go with bullets but needed up with baguettes.
I'm feeling really nervous and anxious... and excited! I can't wait to take handshots!

Oh- thank you!!!! I had hoped you wouldn't be upset I posted my ring on your special thread, but if your anything like me, I figured you would appreciate some handshots! I love this setting so so much! However, I am in the process of resetting, as I am suffering from severe "Diamond shrinkage syndrome," lol- but I will be keeping this lovely setting and putting another stone in it someday... I'm thinking a yellow sapphire! It's stunning- I can't wait for you to receive your beautiful piece! We will be hear waiting!! Mark doesn't dissapoint!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning ring!!! It must be hard to wait before you can try it on your finger. I am convinced you will be mesmerized. It's a beautiful piece of jewelry.

honor

Rough_Rock
Re: ERD: cushion/side baguette ring | *updated: review/photo

It's here and... WOW!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
It is so delicate and so very elegant.
The cushion diamond almost feels like it's floating; the prongs are so tiny and sharp.

To give a little back story: this is my 10 year anniversary gift from my amazing husband. When we first got engaged he bought me a beautiful 1 ct. round tiffany style solitaire. That diamond is so special to me and has been reset a few times to fit my style. I have been interested in gemology since I was a teen and we both agreed at the ten year mark I was to start looking for a new diamond and ring. Well, I think I started the day after we celebrate our 9 th anniversary and a little less than 8 months later I have my new ring, so it's a early anniversary gift :appl:

ERD was great, the process wasn't easy but I don't think it usually is. It's such an expensive, emotional and important purchase. ERD knows cushion cut diamonds, I'm not sure how Mark does it but the man delivers. Getting the setting made around this time of the year was a mistake since the district closes down for a few weeks in July and you just know they want to wrap up business before they break. Once I confirmed with them I was in no rush things were a lot better. The setting itself is graceful, beautifully crafted and so delicate yet substantial. Without hesitation, dispite the ups and downs, I would give and will give my business to ERD/Mark again. ( I want a 5 stone-25pt ring next)

* one things, I am thinking that I might want to engrave the shank of this ring - to soften it up. I'm not in a rush to do it and the next time I'm in NYC I would just drop it off with Mark. I love the engraving on this ring so I would go with something similar to this:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/avr-in-dk-tapered-baguette-setting%E2%80%A6and-some-rambling.203748/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/avr-in-dk-tapered-baguette-setting%E2%80%A6and-some-rambling.203748/[/URL]
Care to weigh in on this???????

I would also like to say that without this forum there would have been no way I would have ended up with the ring of my dreams. I want to thank all of amazing Pricescopers who share their knowledge and experiences, helping and supporting others. So amazing!!!

Specs:
The center stone is a 2.08 chunky cushion brilliant - 7.81x7.25x4.97 - ERD sourced
color- I
clarity-VS2
polish- excellent
symmetry - very good
fluorescence - none

Sides are 2.4 (at the thickest) 1.9mm(at the thinest) x 5.2 - ERD sourced- 40ct total

not the best images ( by phone) will get my camera out to take photos sometime over the next few days.

photo_802.jpg

photo_803.jpg

photo_804.jpg

photo_805.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

HOLY. MOLY. :love: :appl:

cheers--Sharon

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
canuk-gal|1406832733|3723891 said:
HI:

HOLY. MOLY. :love: :appl:

cheers--Sharon

That is EXACTLY what I was going to say!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow!!!
The ring looks even more stunning on you!! Please post as many pics as you can :naughty:
The center stone truly sparkles and the sidestones complement it so well!!

On the engraving: I love the current clean look, but it will be equally stunning with engraving. I think this design will be great with engraving, but I have a weak spot for engraving.

honor

Rough_Rock
I love engraving too, I have a little time to sit with it and decide. Im not planning on going to NYC for a few months.
I'm very happy with it!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's great that you have some time to think about the engraving!! You will just wear it and think about it in the meantime. :D
I decided to engrave my Sophia by Victor Canera and never regretted it. The sleek version was really cool though!

Enjoy wearing the ring

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely!!!!!!! I just adore 3-stones w/ baguettes / bullets, and to add in a beautiful cushion is just perfection! :clap: :clap: :clap:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it - substantial yet soft and feminine too! They did a fabulous job - congrats!!

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!!! :love: I am very partial to tapered baguette settings, and yours has such elegant, fluid lines and perfect proportions! Congrats!

Obviously I am also partial to engraving. :)) But I think yours is lovely as it is as well...so you just couldn't go wrong either way!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats it's beautiful, I particularly love the prongs!!!! :clap:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just fantastic. :appl:

honor

Rough_Rock
Thank you, I'm a size 5 to get past my knuckle but a size 4.5 at the base of my finger.

honor

Rough_Rock
I love your ring, and your backstory is quite powerful.
I look at your ring thread quite often as I just love the engraving, did you give them directions for your engraving?

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love your ring, simply beautiful, & so elegant!! :love: :love: Job well done!! :appl: :appl:

honor

Rough_Rock
honor|1406866025|3724240 said:
I love your ring, and your backstory is quite powerful.
I look at your ring thread quite often as I just love the engraving, did you give them directions for your engraving?

I didn't realize I wasn't quoting, hahahaha! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
this response was for :
Post by EvangelineG » 31 Jul 2014 17:25
Beautiful!!! :love: I am very partial to tapered baguette settings, and yours has such elegant, fluid lines and perfect proportions! Congrats!

Obviously I am also partial to engraving. :)) But I think yours is lovely as it is as well...so you just couldn't go wrong either way!

honor

Rough_Rock
thank you for all your kind feedback, I love the ring so much !!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results