shape
carat
color
clarity

ERD + Maytal Hannah = My new set

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
My completed set arrived this morning!
36.gif

After a lot of deliberation on my part, I decided to go with a cushion. Following the advice of many here, I contacted Mark at Engagement Rings Direct who found this cushion brilliant for me after a week or so. The stone ended up being a higher clarity and a lower price than I thought I could get, so that was a plus.

I really loved the pictures that MrsSalvo took of the Daniel K split crown set at Pearlman''s and realized that it was something that I would like to have for myself, only with a few tweaks. For example, I didn''t really like the side view of the basket. So then I contacted Maytal to talk about doing a custom version and she was just awesome. She integrated everything I was saying into one design, and I got a custom set for an extremely reasonable price (especially considering how platinum is lately). She''s also very calm and thorough.

As for timeline: I contacted Mark Turnowski on 1/6 and he located a stone for me and sent pictures by 1/16. The stone was delivered on 1/24. I sent it to Maytal on 2/5 and received finished rings on 3/13.

Stats:

Center stone 1.63 G VS1
Carat weight on the rings .50 & .60
Ring size 9.25

Stay tuned for a million pics.
2.gif

addcushset02.jpg

metro

Brilliant_Rock
OH. MY. GOODNESS!
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
Oh, those rings are PERFECT! Oh wow! MORE PICS!!!! I''m drooling on my keyboard over here!!!!

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2008 3:28:58 PM
Author: metro
OH. MY. GOODNESS!
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
Oh, those rings are PERFECT! Oh wow! MORE PICS!!!! I''m drooling on my keyboard over here!!!!
Oh, those double claw prongs are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
That ring is PERFECTION! Gorgeous, gorgeous set.

Congratulations!!

MORE pics!
36.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
It turned out great!!! Just love that cushion!! Mark is amazing, and his eye for those is perfect... And Maytal did a beautiful job, it seems that''s the place to go if you are on the other coast... Congrats on a gorgeous ring, Oh and the dog is adorable!

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
Oh, in one of the pics you might be able to see a small diamond set on the inside of my ER. That stone came from a family piece, so it''s got special meaning to me.
1.gif

This was a 10th anniversary upgrade project. My original set had a 1 carat champagne colored emerald cut that is fairly dead. I can''t get over the sparkle in this cushion!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your set is so beautiful! I love the diamond band, its so delicate!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your set is absolutely gorgeous, addlepated!! Three of my very favorites, split shank, double claw prongs and a stunning cushion. It just can''t get any better than that! Congratulations on your 10th anniversary.
36.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is such a gorgeous set! Congratulations. Love the dog framed in between your fingers in the one pic, so cute.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful set. I love the view from the side. Congrats on your 10th anniversary and such a gorgeous upgrade!!!
36.gif
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, i love what you and maytal came up with. gorgeous stone and rings...

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous! makes me want a split shank. and i love the band as well.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your new set is perfection!!! Love the split shank, the prongs. Maytal did a great job!! You must be thrilled!!
30.gif
30.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Truly gorgeous in every way! Cushion, split shank, double claws, fantastic diamonds, etc, etc, etc....
36.gif
36.gif
Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results