shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement ring re-set for Decade anniversary!

klp0213

Rough_Rock
Hello all!

I've been lurking on PS for about a year now, drooling over everyone's gorgeous rings and looking for inspiration for my own ring setting.

Nearly ten years ago, after about six months of very long-distance dating (I was in NY while he was in Northern Ireland!) Hubby and I got engaged quite quickly and married four days later - for no reason other than being very eager! We bought my engagement ring from one of the jewelers on Diamond Row in NYC. They had a beautiful loose stone (.71ct Round Brilliant cut, E color (one jeweler said G), SI clarity [eye clean]), the sparkliest one I had ever seen, and we both knew it was the one, but the only setting they had to put it in was 4-prong, very high and not very aesthetic to me. (The photo showing two rings and their profiles shows just how high my setting was!) As we were in such a rush we went ahead anyway, the jeweler set it overnight and we were engaged the next day in Central Park!

Years went by and there was always the idea that we would have my diamond re-set, but for one reason or another we didn't have the money. Well, here we are, two kids, two trans-Atlantic moves and ten years later and I finally got my 'new' ring!

klp0213

Rough_Rock
All I saw when I looked at my old rings were great big prongs and a profile that I disliked greatly.

p1020908.jpg

setting_profile_0.jpg

klp0213

Rough_Rock
As for inspiration for my new ring, I have always loved the geometric designs of the Art Deco period, but am also drawn to the understated elegance of something very simple. I first wanted the octagonal halo ring with all the little diamonds but soon thought better of it with my lifestyle as a stay-at-home-mom. So, I switched gears to an octagonal bezel with a clear profile view of the culet, using these rings as inspiration.

octagon_with_bezel_center.jpg

bezel_4.jpg

art_deco_solitaire_engagement_ring.jpg

klp0213

Rough_Rock
And, finally, here is my ring! I absolutely LOVE it! My stone looks bigger - finger coverage, yay! - and I swear it's even sparklier than before. The height off my finger is about as low as it can be and I am in love with the profile. Oh, and I got a sparkly new band to go with it. :naughty:

p1040749.jpg

p1040669.jpg

p1040689.jpg

klp0213

Rough_Rock
And, because I just couldn't help myself, here are a few more showing how well my diamond caught the light today!

p1040756.jpg

p1040757.jpg

p1040758.jpg

p1040760.jpg

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Love your story and inspiration! Finished product is fabulous! I love how it looks bigger and you've kept it simple whilst keeping with the Art Deco look. Well done!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats I love bezels they are fantastic for every day wear!!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous new set! Congrats!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the clean look. :love: Beautiful. Wear your new set in health and happiness. :appl:

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I love the octagonal shape of your bezel ring, it makes for an interesting twist. I also love the definition a bezel setting seems to bring to a stone. Enjoy your lovely set of rings.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the deco look and how your ring turned out!

klp0213

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much, everyone! I can't stop looking at my new rings, especially when the lighting is really good!

Thanks for letting a newbie share. :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, I have a weak spot for beautifully made bezels. Your ring is a beauty!

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is beautiful and looks so much better in the new setting. Congratulations on your anniversary and enjoy your new ring!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Lovely choice and beautifully made setting! I'm a huge fan of bezels and that looks amazing :appl: Enjoy!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful reset and happy anniversary!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Really cool reset. Love it totally! Wear it in good health, and congrats on 10 years!

Vampira

Rough_Rock
It's GORGEOUS! I love clean, sleek, minimal bezels, and yours is about one of the neatest ones I've ever seen! Really pops against that sparkly band, too. Yay for you!! :love:

klp0213

Rough_Rock
You're all so kind! Thank you so much!

Vampira, you and me both! After looking at the giant prongs on my old ring for so long I knew without a doubt that I had to have a bezel for my re-set. As for my sparkly band, I kept trying on other bands with larger diamonds because, well, why not, but I chose the band I have because the small diamonds seemed to make my E-ring diamond look even bigger. Bonus!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful new set. Happy Anniversary!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a gorgeous new setting. Congratulations!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
The reset is gorgeous!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results