shape
carat
color
clarity

Engaged! Pics of my ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bella_91

Rough_Rock
Hi all!
First of all please let me say thank you to everyone who patiently answered my questions or posted helpful information that aided in our ring search. My fiancee proposed on Sunday after taking me on a pond-side picnic at our favorite local winery. It was amazing!

We had done some ring shopping together - picked out the stone together - and we both really liked the pave settings so I left it up to him to select the setting. Our stone is a 1.51 cushion cut (GIA I/VS1), set in a pretty white gold pave setting (size 4.5)

Despite the great suggestions to buy online, we decided to go with my family jeweler in NJ - he created the ring my brother got for my SIL and many pieces my Dad had created for my Mom over the years. I am blown away at what a great job he did. He took the setting my fiancee selected, replaced the head and lowered it (per my request not to have a high setting). He also took into consideration the need for a band to sit as flush as possible. It's perfect for me and I love it - it sparkles like CRAZY especially in sunlight!

I'm going to attempt to post a picture...my camera isn't producing pics as great as many here unfortunately.....here's what I have for now...

The Ring3.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty - congrats on your engagement!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! It looks so pretty on you! Congratulations!!
36.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have to use the macro (usually a tulip) to get close up shots. Your ring looks beautiful and we need more pictures!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Sweet! your ring looks lovely and a big congrats on the engagement
1.gif

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! It''s beautiful and so sparkly. Would love to see more pics. Congratulations!!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
It looks lovely.
26.gif
Congrats on your engagement! Please post more pics!!!

GORGEOUS!

I''m in NJ too....what jeweler did you use?

I love love love cushions (am awaiting one myself) and yours is no exception!

MMMD

Shiny_Rock
Wear that beautiful ring in good health and happiness. Best wishes for you and your fiance.

bella_91

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the tip about the macro. I''m going to try to get some better pics.

The jeweler in NJ is Ferdinand Jewelers (New Providence. NJ). We had a great experience with them. We told him what we wanted to see (cushion brilliants in the 1 to 1.5 ct range) and he selected 8 for us to see when we came for our appointment. They were all gorgeous!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful, I''m looking forward to some more close-ups!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
That''s a whole lotta bling! Congratulations on your engagement!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Looks lovely Bella!!

Congratulations on your engagement.
36.gif

Cachette
1.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement.
36.gif
Your ring looks beautiful!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, congratulations on your engagement!

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations on your engagement. You have a gorgeous ring. Yes, more pictures please!!!

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Lovely ring and I''d love to see more pics!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
OOooh, so sparkly
3.gif
. Congratulations!

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Gorgeous ring! Can''t wait to see more pics of it!
9.gif

GemView

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/27/2008 3:38:47 PM
Author:bella_91

I''m going to attempt to post a picture...my camera isn''t producing pics as great as many here unfortunately.....here''s what I have for now...

Your ring is amazing. I love cushion cuts!

As for the camera thing, I don''t know if there is a tutorial posted on PS but I''ve had fairly good luck recently using a digital camera in macro mode (symbolized by a flower icon on the back of the camera or setting on the dial). This will enable the camera to focus close up (maybe as close as 6cm depending on camera). The other thing you can do is crop it really tightly in a photo editor and/or post bigger photos so the detail is easier to see. Being under brighter light, such as sunshine, also helps. In any case, I''d love to see more pics -- especially with the wedding band.

Congratulations!
36.gif

aggiebling09

Shiny_Rock
beautiful ring!
30.gif
can''t wait to see more pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results