shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald/Floral band project

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cookie_tyme

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone,

How do you think an emerald cut would look atop this floral band? Basket or prong? Does anyone know where there''s a similar pic on the net? Or do you have a similar one you could post?

Thanks!

Ring_Floral_006.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I think an EC would be fun in that setting! Unexpected and interesting.

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
would you set it east west or just north south? I''m partial to emerald cuts, but either way, I think it would be beautiful!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the round because it looks like leaves surrounding a bud. I think the emerald would look odd.

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
A few years ago my friend created a ring with a floral shank similar to that one, and an Emerald cut. It was really gorgeous. I''d go with a basket, maybe with double claws, or fishtails.

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
i forgot to add -- she had shield shaped sidestones next to the EC. It was very unique. Not for everyone, but I liked it.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/12/2008 9:56:39 PM
Author: AprilBaby
I like the round because it looks like leaves surrounding a bud. I think the emerald would look odd.

What a gorgeous band! I think I''ll go with AprilBaby on the stone shape with this one, generally, but if you want to switch it up, maybe a more fluid head to accentuate the "bud" effect? Maybe, as KimikoCat suggests, something with fishtail prongs to accentuate the resemblance?

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
I have that exact same ring and IMHO I think it looks best with a RB in the six prong setting like it is currently as it makes the diamond look like a flower. I have wanted to put a larger diamond in mine tho.

Cookie_tyme

Shiny_Rock
AprilBaby, I think you''re right, though I am tempted to try it and see. My .33 round looked lovely in it. (Though I am enjoying it in a new bezel setting.)

I think I''d better keep it simple. I love solitiares, and I have an empty one that can hold the EC for now.

Scorpioanne, you''re the second person I know with the same setting. I bought it as an estate piece, but when I bumped into another gal with one, she said it came from Gordon''s Jewelers (in the mall) in 1985. It was made by Black Hills Gold, and she had a matching wedding band. I often miss wearing my .33rb in it... I might have to put another one in! (maybe a little bigger)

Thanks, everyone!

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
We got it from E-bay when we were really broke but wanted to start planning our wedding so DH called it my "interim" ring. I still wear it all the time tho as I love the setting. I think we paid $85 US which at that time was about $100 CDN. We were bidding against a woman who had the wedding ring.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I do think the round looks gorgeous in that setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results