shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Cuts & Asschers - A Collection

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
LTP - another amazing masterpiece to add to your collection. I just love yer stepcutnuttiness!!

My DH was so gracious and went along with my indulgence.

I did have a legitimate goal when I was walking thru the jewellery/diamond area of town, to check out how much it would cost to reset my EC studs so I thought I''d take a peek at some lovely diamonds. Of course, being the busiest time of year for the jewellery business, the windows were just bulging with shiny stones and sale stickers. So we stopped by the BM store where we bought my ering so many years ago and there is was a nice fat 2.37ct EC in the window blinking at me.

So of course the lady inside happened to see my sparklies on my finger as I was pointing it out to my DH and she came rushing out to compliment me and enticed me in to try it on. Of course I couldn''t be rude, so there I was trying on all these lovely stones. £9000 it was, reduced from £15k but it was a J VS1 and the colour was very obvious next to my stones.

So I left with her card and she with my number.......it was only a wee white lie, I am considering a 10th wedding anniversary upgrade........which is 4 years away.
31.gif

What I did learn, that I would be buying from the US again next time round.

..........never did get my earrings reset
17.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2010 3:08:54 PM
Author: Po10472
LTP - another amazing masterpiece to add to your collection. I just love yer stepcutnuttiness!!

My DH was so gracious and went along with my indulgence.

I did have a legitimate goal when I was walking thru the jewellery/diamond area of town, to check out how much it would cost to reset my EC studs so I thought I''d take a peek at some lovely diamonds. Of course, being the busiest time of year for the jewellery business, the windows were just bulging with shiny stones and sale stickers. So we stopped by the BM store where we bought my ering so many years ago and there is was a nice fat 2.37ct EC in the window blinking at me.

So of course the lady inside happened to see my sparklies on my finger as I was pointing it out to my DH and she came rushing out to compliment me and enticed me in to try it on. Of course I couldn''t be rude, so there I was trying on all these lovely stones. £9000 it was, reduced from £15k but it was a J VS1 and the colour was very obvious next to my stones.

So I left with her card and she with my number.......it was only a wee white lie, I am considering a 10th wedding anniversary upgrade........which is 4 years away.
31.gif

What I did learn, that I would be buying from the US again next time round.

..........never did get my earrings reset
17.gif
Thank you, Po!!! LOL @ "stepcuttiness" - I think I like that term.
2.gif

Man, that 2.37 ct sounds divine, though I think an I is my lower lever of tolerance in terms of an asscher, but for the right cut, I could totally be swayed.

So, you''re consdering an upgrade?!?!? You have 4 years to hemm and haw over it - and try on loads of gorgeous ECs, but to ultimately buy from the US!
2.gif

Last year when I was at WF, they had a stunning 2.5 ct. H VS2 Asscher that I almost asked if I could put on hold and make payments on. It was $22k and just gorgeous! Must wait til my 20th anniversary, me thinks!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2010 2:22:16 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Thank you so much, Marcyc and Mrs. Mitchell! Mrs. Mitchell - I love to see you post - your av is one of my faves on PS!

Holy moly, Lestat's ring is just a showstopper!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Thank you! I can't take credit for the photo- it was taken by David at DBL, but I love it too.

Lestat's ring is incredible! I love how the cut corners are so obvious with these delicate little claws. Gorgeous.

Jen

ETA PO, what are you thinking of doing with your EC studs? When I have a little fun money, I'm thinking of sending mine back to DBL to re-set with bezels and pink halos. I saw an EC ring done like that at it was just gorgeous!

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mrs M, are you like me and spending your Saturday night on PS?

Unfortunatley I lost one of the screwbacks for my studs and as I bought them in the US, I can''t get backings for them here. So I contacted the vendor and it was going to cost funny money to get a backing shipped over so it makes more sense for me to get them reset. Thing is tho when I was in the Argyle Arcade they were going to charge me 120 notes to reset - I think not!!! My sisters jeweller can do it for about 40 quid so I''ll probably go to him.

Will let you know how I got on.

Bezels and pink halos - sounds divine, do you have any pics? I would love to get my EC studs in a bezel setting cos I''ve not really seen any before, great minds think alike.

cakegirl

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone here have asscher studs? I would love some eventually, but have never seen a picture of them in the ear.

Lestat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/30/2010 2:22:16 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Holy moly, Lestat''s ring is just a showstopper!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Thank you to LTP and everyone for the compliments! The thread with more pics is here if you''d like to see more!
21.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These 8 pics I took are not new but I thought the Octavia would be a nice addition to this wonderful thread of step cuts.

This is GIA 1.34 ct H VS2 Octavia Asscher is the first ever sold.
It was designed by our own KarlK, cut by our DiaGem, and sold by Good Old Gold here .

My review, comparing it to my conventional GOG 2.26 ct asscher, is on page 9 of this thread.

0103Octavia.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On a leaf.

107Octavia.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brown Rice
Bamboo
Bling

105Octavia.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In a flower.

0101Octavia.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Left: GIA 2.26 ct F VVS2 Good Old Gold Asscher.
Right 1.34 H VS2 Octavia.
The Octavia does not look almost a carat smaller, but Karl says the Octavia's spread is similar to that of a conventional asscher.

104Octavia.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2.26 ct asscher on bottom, Octavia on top.
Notice the how small the Octavia''s table is.

102Octavia.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the throat of a flower.
The blue is sky reflections.

108Octavia.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Octavia's high crown.
You get a fantastic light show even when viewing from the side.

109Octavia.jpg

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
GULP!!!

*SWOON*...................*thud*!!

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
I know I''ve said it before, but that is hands down the most beautiful stone I''ve ever seen. And I''m totally, unabashedly jealous.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Kenny!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

ECFan5

Rough_Rock
I have been meaning to post pictures of my ring and the story for awhile (I promise I will soon!), but thought I should at least start here. I am still pretty new at posting, so I apologize if I don''t do this right. Here is a picture of my recently upgraded engagement ring. My new center stone is a 2.01 carat VVS1, H color diamond. I kept my original platinum setting with .40 carat VVS1 H color tapered baguettes. I am such a lucky girl!

ECFAN5NewRinginBox.jpg

ECFan5

Rough_Rock
I tried to do a shot with flowers, but the only thing I have in my house right now are my orchids. Unfortunately, they''re not a very good flower for trying to take this type of photo, so I had to settle for the leaf of my orchids.

ECFAN5ringandorchid.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ECFan5, your upgrade is gorgeous.

ECFan5

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I planned to post a third picture of the ring on my hand, but I seem to be having a bit of trouble with my connection and I keep getting an error message. I am going to try one more time, though. Let''s see if this works!

ECFAN5eceringonhand.jpg

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Wow ECFan, your stone and setting are beautiful.

So elegent and timeless and huge, plus it helps when you showcase it in your lovely lean fingers!!

Cinna

Shiny_Rock
Po10472, I am in love with this thread and drooling over these gorgeous rings!
30.gif

Makes me want my EC asap!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
I love this thread. I just saw it bumped up and it is making me super super super impatient for my own EC - we pick up the ring (and it becomes surgically attached to my finger) in 2 1/2 (let''s be precise here, people) days!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ECFan5 your ring looks great on your hand.

Pancake I can''t wait to see your EC beauty.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty Blessed12.

Blessed12

Rough_Rock
Thank you! So excited to be a part of this thread
1.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
*BUMP*
Love this thread.