carat
color
clarity

Emerald Cuts & Asschers - A Collection

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Emerald Cuts & Asschers - A Collection

Luv2Sparkles, I see the blue in that picture. Very cool. I first became interested in blue fluorescence when we saw a strong blue RB in Denver. Both DH and I noticed the blue tint in it (it was an I color). The sales associate had no clue if it was so I quickly looked up the GIA certificate number and sure enough it was a strong blue. Although I wanted a F for my ering I have never forgot how cool that diamond looked. We both still talk about it. When I found my EC diamond I looked up it's certificate and saw it was a medium blue I was thrilled. It truly does add an icy whiteness to the diamond.

Here is the UV Light I bought: https://www.amazon.com/Ultraviolet-...0971834&sr=8-9&keywords=uv+diamond+flashlight

Marcy

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

DF- HOLY MOLY~!!!!

omg!!!

LOVE!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

gregchang35|1471077194|4065417 said:
DF- HOLY MOLY~!!!!

omg!!!

LOVE!
Thanks Greg. My natural BLUE diamond.. :wink2:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire|1471071163|4065402 said:
Did somebody say blue fluor? 2.3ct Octavia with VSB fluorescence.

DF I had no idea (or at least didn't remember) your gorgeous Octavia is a VSB fluorescent diamond. Very cool!

Here is my MB fluorescent EC diamond.

img_12479.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

marcy|1471115952|4065589 said:

DF I had no idea (or at least didn't remember) your gorgeous Octavia is a VSB fluorescent diamond. Very cool!

Here is my MB fluorescent EC diamond.
Beautiful marcy.. :love: Post some pics of your ring under the sun.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-us-your-fluorescent-ring-under-the-sun.212660/page-2']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-us-your-fluorescent-ring-under-the-sun.212660/page-2[/URL]

Dani5577

Rough_Rock

After months of admiring everyone's beauties, I finally just received my LM 5 stone ring! Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics... They don't do it justice

_5282.jpeg

_5283.jpeg

_5284.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dani5577, I love your ring. The profile is awesome too. Congratulations! :appl:

luv2sparkles

Rough_Rock

Marcy, am definitely gonna get that UV lights I I can play with my ring. Thank you for the link.

Dani5577, your ring looks amazing!! LM always do amazing work.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Luv2Sparkles I really have fun with the UV flashlight. I went straight to my jewelry box to see what was fluorescent. :bigsmile:

P

Petalouda

I sure had fun trying on this gorgeous Harry Winston just over 3 carats colorless Emerald cut ring today. Love. The band is mine but the ring is not. Sure loved it though.

_5832.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Petalouda|1473876856|4076484 said:
I sure had fun trying on this gorgeous Harry Winston just over 3 carats colorless Emerald cut ring today. Love. The band is mine but the ring is not. Sure loved it though.

Petalouda, how could you NOT love that gorgeous EC ring? It is fabulous. It looks terrific with your beautiful band. :wavey:

Marcy

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

luv2sparkles|1470969027|4065012 said:
Thank you Acinom, Steven was wonderful to work with. I totally trusted his expertise in picking out the trapezoid sides. I do enjoy wearing it very much.

Yes,I've gone through this EC & Asschers thread numerous time, drooling and loving everyone rings here. I have always love stepcut, especially asschers. Have waited and search for a very long time.

Marcy, I do not have a UV light, was a bit hesitant at first since I have never own one. But I love the blue fluorescence now, it definitely makes the diamond look whiter than it actually is. I was able to capture the fluorescence today with my iPhone.

That's likely reflection from something blue in the environment. You won't see the fluorescence without UV light except sometimes you can see a slight lavender haze in the sun. The whole stone turns blue/lavender like DF's pictures.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

luv2sparkles|1470969027|4065012 said:
Thank you Acinom, Steven was wonderful to work with. I totally trusted his expertise in picking out the trapezoid sides. I do enjoy wearing it very much.

Yes,I've gone through this EC & Asschers thread numerous time, drooling and loving everyone rings here. I have always love stepcut, especially asschers. Have waited and search for a very long time.

Marcy, I do not have a UV light, was a bit hesitant at first since I have never own one. But I love the blue fluorescence now, it definitely makes the diamond look whiter than it actually is. I was able to capture the fluorescence today with my iPhone.

That's likely reflection from something blue in the environment. You won't see the fluorescence without UV light except sometimes you can see a slight lavender haze in the sun. The whole stone turns blue/lavender like DF's pictures.

Your ring is gorgeous! :love:

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock

Love these emerald cut rings!

VoldeNuit

Shiny_Rock

My new 'Square Emerald cut.' GIA graded: 5.14 ct., I color, VS2 clarity, Ex Pol./Very Good Sym., no Fluo. This time, I returned to my old favorite style, the tapered baguette setting. Before trading in my first EC(There are pics of it in this thread, not many pages back IIRC.) I had it reset in a bezel ring for a while.

This square EC sparkles and flashes so much more than my old EC(& it had Ex/Ex on its GIA report,hmm) did. I'm amazed.

_38255.jpg

handphoto.jpg

handphoto2.jpg

Fulvia

Shiny_Rock

Voldenuit: HOLY MOTHER what a stunner!!!! Congratulations - she is GORGEOUS. She's like a pool of water that you just want to dive right into and never get out of!!!!!! The bezel was beautiful but this.... :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Whoa!!! VoldeNuit, you must start a thread for that incredible ring!!! :love:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Voldenuit! Holy shnumkins! That is one incredible diamond. I love how you set it (and I love you previous bezel too, though - those are my two faves for a step cut!!). Gorgeous, enjoy!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

VodleNuit your old EC ring was gorgeous but your new diamond and ring are stunning. :love: wow! I know you'll enjoy that beauty.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I LOVE your ring.. it's so cool.. :clap: :drool: :drool: :twirl: :love: :love:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

VoldeNuit.. no words, just awe...

wow!

:love: :love: :love:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dani! okay!! here I go... :love: :love: :drool: :dance: :clap: :clap: :wavey: :wavey:

perfection!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is stunning!! My dream ring!!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Okay, we need a lot more pictures and ideally a video!!

VoldeNuit

Shiny_Rock

Thanks so much everyone!! :D Though I'm a huge step cut fan, this time I actually considered other shapes & cuts (cushion, oval, and radiant.) However, when this diamond appeared in the search results, I immediately texted the link and a message to my patient & understanding husband: "This is it! ..like Reeeally it!!" :o A true step cut coup de coeur! :wacko:

I was breathless when I saw it online and later, totally bowled over when it arrived. Another great job by James Allen! :appl: My iPhone 'photography' :lol: isn't quite doing it justice. I might start a dedicated thread when I have time to take decent photos w/ my husband's camera. Meanwhile, (or in case I take forever to do it) there is a 'click and drag' video/photo page on the JA site: https://www.jamesallen.com/sre10227870bg

:wavey:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

VoldeNuit|1474237802|4078172 said:
Thanks so much everyone!! :D Though I'm a huge step cut fan, this time I actually considered other shapes & cuts (cushion, oval, and radiant.) However, when this diamond appeared in the search results, I immediately texted the link and a message to my patient & understanding husband: "This is it! ..like Reeeally it!!" :o A true step cut coup de coeur! :wacko:

I was breathless when I saw it online and later, totally bowled over when it arrived. Another great job by James Allen! :appl: My iPhone 'photography' :lol: isn't quite doing it justice. I might start a dedicated thread when I have time to take decent photos w/ my husband's camera. Meanwhile, (or in case I take forever to do it) there is a 'click and drag' video/photo page on the JA site: https://www.jamesallen.com/sre10227870bg

:wavey:

OMG--your ring is amazing! :sun: Please do start a new thread on your EC boulder! :appl:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is my reset engagement ring. It's a vintage aka 1920 Emerald cut 4.34 carats, I and SI. The sides are 2x .37. To that I added 14 little ones @ .03 and 2 traps @.25 each (hard to see in the ring box). The new ring is pretty massive even on my fat size 8 fingers. I have two diamond set bands for either side. The ring is collected, finally, tomorrow (I have to wait for the formal valuation). Eeekkkkk image_1090.jpg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bron357|1474260877|4078260 said:
This is my reset engagement ring. It's a vintage aka 1920 Emerald cut 4.34 carats, I and SI. The sides are 2x .37. To that I added 14 little ones @ .03 and 2 traps @.25 each (hard to see in the ring box). The new ring is pretty massive even on my fat size 8 fingers. I have two diamond set bands for either side. The ring is collected, finally, tomorrow (I have to wait for the formal valuation). Eeekkkkk image_1090.jpg

That looks like a true vintage piece, lovely! :sun:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results