shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Cut Owners-What L:W ratio is your EC?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I have seen so many gorgeous emerald cut diamonds on this site, but no mention of length to width ratios. I know there are "preferred ratios", but I was curious as to what people are really buying. Thanks is advance!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
1.25 - I think the preferred is 1.3-1.4, but the 1.4s don''t speak to me the way a fatter EC does. I like ''em chubby :)

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Mine is 1.38. I wouldn''t want it any longer--the "fatter" ones definitely speak to me as well.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the chubbier 1.2 to 1.3 variety.

Or the 1:1 variety. . . .

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I suspected that most of the ECs I have been seeing on here are of the chubbier variety. So much for the 1.5:1 ratio being the most preferred. HA! Thanks for showing me your photos and seeing the diamonds set into rings. It is a big help to have some visuals.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 9:55:31 AM
Author: NeverEndingUpgrade
Wow, I suspected that most of the ECs I have been seeing on here are of the chubbier variety. So much for the 1.5:1 ratio being the most preferred. HA! Thanks for showing me your photos and seeing the diamonds set into rings. It is a big help to have some visuals.

Mine has a 1.5:1 ratio. I'll be posting pictures of my new Maytal setting soon. I might prefer if my stone were a bit chubbier, but I loved the cut. It's hard to find really well-cut EC's.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 11:33:46 AM
Author: Demelza

Date: 7/28/2008 9:55:31 AM
Author: NeverEndingUpgrade

Mine has a 1.5:1 ratio. I'll be posting pictures of my new Maytal setting soon. I might prefer if my stone were a bit chubbier, but I loved the cut. It's hard to find really well-cut EC's.
Agreed. I can't wait to see your EC set into Maytal!!!!!! I have always liked more enlongated emeralds, but judging by the photos, the overall cut and the look of the facets in the step cuts is really more important than ratio. I have learned another new thing on PS!

Besides, I saw this Catherine Ryder ring and it looks rather chubby. I don't know anything about this designer, but I just about had a heart attack when I saw this ring. Just gaze longingly into those facets!!! NO, I'm not planning on buying it, unless I strike it rich suddenly. Ha-ha!

CRyder38245.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results