shape
carat
color
clarity

Eleanor II meet Caroline

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SSSSSWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTT!!! It's my favorite color!!!!

Vampira

Rough_Rock
What a set! That ring looks like a beautiful blossom.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness! I LOVE it! Stunning.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous!!! that is a beauty of a ring - I adore colored stones in halo settings! :love:

syrahs

Rough_Rock
Wow! You really chose the most stunning setting for your beautiful stone :appl: :love: A perfect match!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, the color of the gem is amazing! The setting is feminine, soft, romantic and vintage. :love: The engraving on the band is scrumptious :love: I love everything about your set :appl: So well put together :appl:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a lovely story of how the original ring came to be!! And your stone is BEAUTIFUL in that gorgeous setting!! WOW - fabulous!!

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
That's a beautiful ring. I would love to see a picture of your Grandmother's ring as well. No begging really. :lol:

snfsdca

Rough_Rock
Rena7|1417881240|3796416 said:
That's a beautiful ring. I would love to see a picture of your Grandmother's ring as well. No begging really. :lol:

Thank you so much and here you go, Rena7. The ring is very typical of the late 70's/early 80's. And while the ruby is Burmese, it is definitely not the highest quality specimen from the region. My grandparents both lost their mothers as children, lived through the war and depression, and built their first home together nail by nail - they were working people and my grandfather saved for the ring for a long while. He just just adored my grandma and this ring brings me such wonderful memories of them. My grandfather passed away about 20 years ago, and my grandma is slowly slipping away to Alzheimers. I have big plans for Eleanor, but so far have not had the heart to re-set her while my grandmother is still alive. I keep telling myself this is the year :) 2015!!

2014-12-06_021.jpg

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the picture. It must be so nice to have jewelry pieces with such a history to them. I envy you that.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Royal color! Spectacular ring!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice!! :love: :love:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto Rena's comments. Both are lovely pieces, but the stories, and the honor of having a piece of your family's history to treasure & pass on, priceless! I also love Erika's line ... So graceful and gorgeous, every piece!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my new favorite colored stone ring. Just fabulous!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Just beautiful. Congratulations on such an exquisite jewel. I loved the story, and thank you for sharing your amazing grandmothers treasured ring- just lovely and sooo meaningful. When I was a teen I used to go and hang out under a grand old gnarly oak tree I called Eleanor. I'd read and write and look at the clouds... anyway, your ring is simply beautiful, and the stone is great. I love the rich color- and how perfect how it fits in with your Grandma... wear it in health and happiness.

snfsdca

Rough_Rock
apacherose|1417919056|3796748 said:
Just beautiful. Congratulations on such an exquisite jewel. I loved the story, and thank you for sharing your amazing grandmothers treasured ring- just lovely and sooo meaningful. When I was a teen I used to go and hang out under a grand old gnarly oak tree I called Eleanor. I'd read and write and look at the clouds... anyway, your ring is simply beautiful, and the stone is great. I love the rich color- and how perfect how it fits in with your Grandma... wear it in health and happiness.

Thank you, apacherose. I imagine that Oak was something grand, as evidenced by the name you gave her. :wink2:

I would also like to say thank you to each and every one of you for your very kind comments and warm support. I discovered Pricescope a few years back and even though I am not much for diamond center stones (more of a colored stone gal) I have found the knowledge in this forum so valuable. Because of PS I have developed an appreciation for OECs to complement my first love of colored gems and old rose cuts. I tend to over think things, so all of your kindness and support is very much appreciated - helps me feel good about taking the leap. I have another Erika Winters ring in the line up, but trying to turn off the wheels of doubt can be challenging at times. Grace at JbG has been ever so patient with me - a big hug to you as well, Grace!

**edited to correct spelling error**

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Love the color. The ring looks fabulous.

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. Love the history behind this ring. That's great.

ooeemusic

Shiny_Rock
Ooo the color in that stone is amazing! :drool:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
snfsdca, thank you for sharing the story of Eleanor with us ::) Eleanor II is beautiful, and a beautiful statement of your love for your grandparents, and Caroline is the perfect setting for her :love:

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma's health - I hope you have many more years and memories with her! What does she think of her Eleanor's namesake?

snfsdca

Rough_Rock
Yssie|1417928590|3797001 said:
snfsdca, thank you for sharing the story of Eleanor with us ::) Eleanor II is beautiful, and a beautiful statement of your love for your grandparents, and Caroline is the perfect setting for her :love:

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma's health - I hope you have many more years and memories with her! What does she think of her Eleanor's namesake?

Thank you, Yssie. Unfortunately, my grandmother is advanced enough in the disease to not understand she is the inspiration for the ring. The past six months she has not been able to recognize me - though she says I look familiar. I am just thankful my children will have memories of a great-grandparent; even if she is not the grandma to them, that she was to me.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I'm so sorry :(sad Forgive me if I made you uncomfortable by asking.

Your children are very lucky to have memories of their great-grandmother, it sounds like she's a strong and inspiring woman. Both Eleanors are beautiful and special pieces - thank you, again, for sharing them!

snfsdca

Rough_Rock
Yssie|1417931991|3797064 said:
Oh, I'm so sorry :(sad Forgive me if I made you uncomfortable by asking.

Your children are very lucky to have memories of their great-grandmother, it sounds like she's a strong and inspiring woman. Both Eleanors are beautiful and special pieces - thank you, again, for sharing them!

Not at all Yssie. Even though she doesn't remember me, we still have a great time together. She calls me her "best friend". Her 90th birthday was a few weeks ago, so she has had quite a life. :)

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! I love that deep hue of the sapphire! :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snfsdca, I was so hoping you would post a photo of your grandma's ruby ring too! Your new ring is spectacular, but the history and memories attached to the ruby ring really draws me in. It is a perfect ring just the way it is! I love the shape of it and an the diamonds that surround the lovely ruby. You are very fortunate to have such a wonderful relationship with your grandma, and to have a piece that symbolizes the legacy of love your grandparents had. Here's one wish for keeping it intact for future generations. I am sure if you change it, it will be wonderful as well.

snfsdca

Rough_Rock
luv2sparkle|1417962354|3797161 said:
Snfsdca, I was so hoping you would post a photo of your grandma's ruby ring too! Your new ring is spectacular, but the history and memories attached to the ruby ring really draws me in. It is a perfect ring just the way it is! I love the shape of it and an the diamonds that surround the lovely ruby. You are very fortunate to have such a wonderful relationship with your grandma, and to have a piece that symbolizes the legacy of love your grandparents had. Here's one wish for keeping it intact for future generations. I am sure if you change it, it will be wonderful as well.

I the rate I am going, I just may end up going with your vote for and keep her as is. Thank you for the kind comments.

Michelez

Shiny_Rock
Lovely lovely stone and the setting is beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results