shape
carat
color
clarity

EightStar, Mark Morrell and Marty Haske

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Big thank yous to EightStar, Mark Morrell and Marty Haske! My brother got engaged on Valentine''s Day to his fabulous future wife with a 1.17 G VS1 EightStar set in a beautiful setting by Mark Morrell. Mark and Marty worked together so the ring was made, appraised and delivered in time for the Valentine''s Day proposal.

The EightStar is so magnificent and looks perfect on my brother''s fiancee''s petite hand. The setting highlights the stone so well. The diamond is extraordinarily brilliant and fiery as all EightStars are. It was so much fun for everyone gathered at the announcement "party" (it was a surprise to everyone but me) to see the diamond in the sunlight, in front of the venetian blinds and in dim lighting at the restaurant where we all went to dinner to celebrate. She loves it and my brother loved giving her something so special. The future in-laws were pleased too.
2.gif

Thank you again gentlemen.
1.gif

lawmax

Mark014s.jpg

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring! (and what a great combination of creators!) Congratulations to your brother and your family as you gain a new family member!

pinkangel

Rough_Rock
That is one of the most beautiful rings I have ever seen!

Ever!

Eightstar and Mark Morrell----Fantastic!
love.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
LawMax...

That has to be a perfect stone and ring!

Congrats to your brother, and best wishes to his fiancee, may they continue in love and health!

win

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Another MM classic...I adore the pave in the tapered way on the sides like some of his other works of art. Heart shaped prongs, a Mark trademark! Congrats to your brother and I bet it was fun helping him choose it!
1.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooooohhhh, those heart prongs get me *everytime.*
love.gif

Lawmax, a big congratulations to your brother and his fiance.
appl.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's really beautiful, Lawmax. I love it when the emphasis is on the stone(s), not the metal. In this ring the metal shows off the stone...awesomely! Congratulations on acquiring a new sister-in-law :).

Deb

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lawmax,

I was happy to see your name authored on this post. I have not seen much of you lately and am glad to see you posting..!
wavey.gif

The ring is absolutely beautiful. What a treasure to behold. The setting and diamond are stunning..

Congrats to your family and the photos are awesome..
appl.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hi LawMax!!
wavey.gif
Good to see you!! Stop by more often!!
1.gif

The ring is absolutely gorgeous!! Neat how the "double" prongs come together to form the hearts on top the stone!! Just like 2 people becoming 1 in their love!!
love.gif

Just A Kitty

Rough_Rock
lawmax,Great looking ring,looks like Mark Morrell has hit a homerun once again.
lickout.gif
JAK

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Nice to see you back, lawmax!
1.gif
The ring is really gorgeous!
1.gif

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone
1.gif

It's nice to see all of you.

Thank you lop. We are thrilled to have a new addition to the family.
1.gif

Thanks for your kind words jcard71. I think it is SO awesome!

glitterata...LOL!
1.gif
I'm sorry. I am out of brothers. Let's face it though...his fiancee is lucky I'm his sister.
2.gif

Hi Tessa...thanks
1.gif

pinkangel...I agree. It is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen.

Hi win
1.gif
It is perfect. May their life together be the same.

Hi Mara
1.gif
It was so much fun getting to work on this project! What a joy for me.
1.gif
My mom and sister are amazed at my secret-keeping ability.
9.gif
Hmmmm...I don't know why. I helped with my sister's engagement ring too, unbeknownst to her. Deb, is that word English?
1.gif
Deb is officially credited for having taught me the word "ubiquitous".
2.gif

Thanks Kamuelamom. Love your rose avatar. I think those heart prongs are sweet too. I knew it suited them. So young and in Love... LOL

Hi Deb
wavey.gif
I'm with you on the setting being a showcase for the stone. It really works in this ring. It is awesome in person.

Hi Patty
1.gif
I love your ring. Mine had sapphire sidestones too. It went for repair and may come back very different one day.
1.gif

Hi DiamondLover23
1.gif
Mark does beautiful work. The polish is amazing.

Hi Josh
1.gif
Thanks for the warm welcome back and the congratulations. Mark takes awesome photos.

Hi pq
1.gif
Cool observation on the prongs coming together in unity.
1.gif
One could find a lot of symbolism in this ring.

Hi JAK
1.gif
Mark was great to work with too.

Hi Giangi
1.gif
Thanks for the welcome back.

I haven't had much time to participate, however, I LOVE sneaking over here to drool over all the beautiful rings. Keep them coming.
9.gif

Love,

lawmax
1.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 2/18/2004 10:10:37 PM lawmax wrote:

"I helped with my sister's engagement ring too, unbeknownst to her. Deb, is that word English?
1.gif
"

Do you speak any languages other than English, Lawmax? If not, it probably is. (Which word are we talking about, by the way?)

Deb
saint.gif

Stephan

Ideal_Rock

/idealbb/files/wow_001.gif

What a nice diamond!​

It looks like an oldminer!​

That must be a fireball!​

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like an Oldminer ? Ouch
1.gif

What a clean look for a ring , Im going to look him up at the trade show in May.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ice
1.gif

Your name came up in conversation recently. How are you?

Stephan...a fireball it is but it doesn't look like an oldminer to me.
1.gif
Thanks for your kind words.

lawmax
1.gif

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Heart Prongs.
1.gif
Those prongs are really sweet and yet subtle. Great idea by the original designer.
1.gif

Ring101

Rough_Rock
Quick Question - Is it Pave set or Channel set (Accent diamonds in the shoulders)?

Thanks,

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
those appear to be pave..or bead set is another term for (diamonds set in with beads of metal)..or possibly prong set with some metal.

channel set is more along the lines where the small stones are set into the line of the setting.

e.g. this is channel

-----

OOO

-----

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results