shape
carat
color
clarity

EC''s ..show me some LIFE!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
hey IDOF your ring is stunning and huge!!!! I love the band too, very pretty.

you must be thrilled.

close up pics would be nice
31.gif

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
IDREAM...WOO HOO...it's finally here...it's here!!! CONGRATS!! It's gorgeous...we MUST get details on your reaction when you first saw it...it's incredible... it gives the stone a whole new look.. I'm always interested to get people's take on 'change'...
this is one killer set....nothing NOT to like here... is it everything you'd hoped for / dreamed about?? I sure hope so!! all that pave is amazing....

PO...CONGRATS TO YOU TOO! A masters and a fulltime job??!! WOW...we'll be grateful for ANY time we get! Good for you! What program are you in?

EL...I think I'll be the 'steam clean every other week' girl too... it makes a big difference, doesn't it ---especially when it comes to ECs? Will Windex hurt? I know people who clean their diamonds with window cleaner and they've never had a problem...
ALSO...do other people feel they can't wear their ECs everyday in typical work environments????

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Morning Gem.........well its morning where I am, how''s it going?

My MSC is in Human Resource Managemen so its all business, process and legislation. I love it, tis very interesting but hard going whilst working full-time. I vowed after doing my BA that I wouldn''t study again, but I tend to always do something, whether its a leisure course or an academic course. Hopefully this will be it for some time, I need my life back, fed up of having study guilt on my brain all the time.

The only worry I do have is with not studying, I''ll spend even more time on here and become even more obsessed - yikes!!

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Elmorton - Thanks! I love the wedding band too! I especially love the fact that they sit flush....

Thanks IloveAsschers and MonkeyPie!!

PO - I am extremely thrilled and I will be back with close up pics soon....I popped the ring in my US and a stone popped out! So...I have to take it back to the jeweler first thing tomorrow to have it fixed....
7.gif
I''ve had the ring for less than 24 hrs...
38.gif

Thanks GEM! I just about died when I saw it set with my stone! When I first put the ring on my finger my first thought was WOW it''s HUGE lol.
I guess thats a good thing! I do like all the pave but now I''m paranoid after one of the stones falling out already! Hopefully it won''t happen again...

here is a fun pic of before and after......
35.gif

P26592.JPG

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
Hi PO.... It was ''morning'' sort of when I wrote to you... I hadn''t gone to bed yet... was just checking in before I hit the hay! (Yep, sick, I know!)
Your masters sounds very interesting...I''m very impressed!!! I think PS is a necessary diversion for you..or your head would pop!
emwink.gif

In terms of knowledge, we can never know too much...learning is a lifelong process, I think... so, GOOD FOR YOU! I always tell my kids that my goal is to learn something everyday...and I usually make that happen!

IDREAM... wowza...what a difference in the befores and afters... I can see why you nearly died. It doesn''t even look like the same stone. It''s amazing how different settings give stones different looks... I''m soooo happy for you, although I''m sorry about the stone popping out.
How common a problem is that with the pave??? Let''s hope it''s not a big one because that is gorgeous...and I also love how your set sits flush...
CONGRATS...now, onto the wedding!!!!!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
GemALLogist- It is pretty hard to keep clean, no tricks discovered yet except that it needs to be cleaned daily :) hehe I am liking the rings a bit more-

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Idream...OH WOW. That before and after is CRAZY cool. I gotta be honest, I love the look of a beautiful EC standing on its own, but WOW...yeah, I''d say you made a good choice for a permanent setting!!! It''s breathtaking. You know, if you want to post more pics, I don''t think any of us would mind ;-)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2008 4:01:03 AM
Author: idreamofice
I popped the ring in my US and a stone popped out! So...I have to take it back to the jeweler first thing tomorrow to have it fixed....
7.gif
I''ve had the ring for less than 24 hrs...
38.gif
Gorgeous reset!! I''ve always heard that pave rings cannot be cleaned with an US though???? Maybe you can switch to a steam cleaner or the old school baby toothbrush/hot water/windex method ... shrug.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
IDOF - your new setting is absolutely TO DIE FOR!!!! I''m in love with that set!

And, yes - you''re going to have to keep it out of an Ultrasonic. I''ve lost a pave diamond or two in mine. It''s always learning the hard way . . .

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
is US good for an EC WITHOUT PAVE?

Also...EL...WHAT GOODIES ARE YOU TEASING US WITH IN YOUR AVATAR??? PLEASE SHARE!
19.gif

carabella

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous ring, I dream of Ice -- and you have beautiful hands, too!

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
I Dream! Congrats on the re-set! It looks gorgeous :)

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Tee hee... I''m glad you figured out the mytery, Gem! They''re my anniv gift from DH - but they won''t be in my ears until June 16th. I was teasing him last night that now all I need are some little EC drops made and I''m set.
11.gif

You know, that makes me think...I wonder if there are any EC earrings hiding out on PS that could be added here?? I''m pretty sure there''s a pair of studs in the Show Me Your Diamond Studs thread, but I can''t remember off the top of my head who they belong to.

ALSO - Julesbeth, did you REALLY think you could get away with not posting your re-set here?!?!?!
2.gif
I''ve been drooling over your thread - I love, love LOVE the solitaire. I''m going to go sneak back right now to check out the "before" thread.

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
AAhh! Here it is! (I was having some posting problems).

I finally LOVE my EC setting :)

JBLEC1.JPG

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
AAannnnnnddddd the pricescope flower shot! ;-)

ChubbyECflower.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Sigh. Sweetheart, that ring is just absolute perfection. Your stone is absolutely stunning - I love its proportions. Thank you for posting it!!

chirp

Shiny_Rock
everybody has such perfect rings.
36.gif
ooohhh I''m so jealous! so love ECs... more pictures please...

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
EL...love your studs....EC drops? I''d fall over!! LOL...
Yeah, we should scope out any EC studs...I''ll go lookin'' when I have a minute.

JULESBETH.... HELLO??!!! Where have you been in this thread? WOW...it is gorgeous.... I can''t get over what a difference the new setting makes!!!! PLEASE, PLEASE give comparison shots... I think the new setting makes the stone look HUGE...
As I mentioned in your other thread, your original setting was so pretty...but this is breathtaking...really shows off the stone!
So happy that you love it....it really is stunning...woo hoo!!! What did your fiance think of the reset??!!!

CHIRP..I''m with you ----BEGGING...FOR...MORE...PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! Just wanted to say that I am in LOVE with all your beautiful EC''s and Asschers! I can''t wait to join your club!

Just this weekend I was explaining to my SO how round and princess cut diamonds just had "too much going on" for my taste. I love the depth and simplicity of the step cuts and those amazing broad flashes of light*sigh*! I hope to have something to share later this summer but for now I just love peeking at all yours and wanted to say Hi!
35.gif

Thanks for providing some really awesome eye candy!
30.gif

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
Hey KC....hopefully, this thread will provide more than enough EYE CANDY to hold you over...
19.gif
... it''s certainly helping me to stay sane as I bide time (im)patiently...ha!!!
Everyone here completely ''gets'' how you feel ---you''re totally at home here in STEP CUT LAND!!! Plus, there are so many step cut veterans who really, really know what they''re talking about!!!! I''m thinking about asking/begging some of them to give ''guest speaking appearances''....ha!

At the request of GEM, here are some pics of my Asscher...
30.gif

I absolutely LOVE all the rings posted in this thread... EC''s and step cuts are my FIRST love..

Without further adooooooo, here are some pics !!!!

asscher 6.jpg

Well, ONE pic.. the rest won''t upload on my work puter....
23.gif

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
BECG, that ring of yours is amazing!!! It''s sooooo beautiful!!
30.gif
3.gif
3.gif

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Elmorton! I love the look of solitaires too and to be honest, I kinda miss it a little bit lol but I''m LOVING the finger coverage and all the detail! The ring is actually really delicate IRL but I can''t seem to capture it on camera
7.gif

Thanks Deco! Yep, I guess I''ll have to stop using my US....off to go buy a baby toothbrush!
41.gif

Lauren, thank you! The jeweler had it fixed pretty darn fast...whitin an hour! I guess it helped that I actually had the pave diamond that fell out!

Gem, I used the US for my EC almost everyday before the reset and I had no problems! I''m sure it''ll be fine!

Awww thanks carabella!

julesbeth, thank you! I love your reset as well! I''m so glad you were able to get what you wanted. It really does make your stone POP!

I''ll be having a photoshoot outside once the sun comes out of hiding this morning....darn those huge trees!!!

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
WELCOME BECG!!!!!
OK, LADIES: a short moment of silence to behold BECG''S asscher. (pause)
Is that spectacular or what?? Of course, we''ve ALL drooled over it numerous times...but has everyone seen all the new pics???? (check out her new thread if you haven''t...they are spectacular!!)

You must provide more here as well (please, please!!!)...they are unreal.... your ring is one for the ages....love, love, love it......
CAN''T WAIT to see your three rings together....

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
I DREAM... gotta admit...the increase in finger coverage is incredible...
I can see why you''re lovin'' it..
Of course, you know we''ll hold you to the new photos in the sun...ha!

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
IDREAM...your pics are fab...
but your "capturing the sparkle" comment made me think about the original premise of the thread.
Anyone ready to get out there now that the weather is getting nicer everywhere and try for some new sun shots? (THANKS to all of you who've already done that, including some incredible recent additions!!!) I know it can be tough to capture the life in a still....but by the database we're building here (and if you check out WIDGET'S firestorm in the fire thread) there's plenty of proof that it can be done!!
9.gif
)

We'll call it BROADFLASH EXTRAVAGANZA OF SPRING/SUMMER 2008!!!
36.gif

Anyone ready for new updates...especially great ones that show the flashes we all love in step cuts????

Hope you all have a great Wednesday. Just think == two more days until the start of a long weekend (at least for those of us here in the States!
20.gif
)

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
BECG - I have said this before, and I will say it again - your ring is just spectacular!

Thanks for sharing! :)

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Hey fellow EC-Lovers

I haven''t forgotten my promise, so in the next week or two I hope to start loading us up with celebrity step-cuts and hopefully by then the sun will actually still be up and not the moon when I have time to relax and I''ll take some more fire shots.

po
x

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results