shape
carat
color
clarity

EC''s ..show me some LIFE!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
yippee..KHARTER....sooooo glad you came on over... your ring is a necessity in this thread! WE
30.gif
rings like yours here!!!!! Actually, yours is unique ....GORGEOUS. Now, we''re all on pins and needles. Please keep us posted on the big moment.... WE''LL WANT DETAILS, OF COURSE...and LOTS of handshots after all the dust settles and you''ve called all your relatives...driven to every friend''s house within a 50 mile radius, etc... ha.

GOOD LUCK...FINGERS CROSSED THAT IT''S THIS WEEKEND! Oh yeah, WELCOME TO THE EC PARTY! We have lots of fun here!!!!!

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Kharter - wow, you''re ring is amazing!!!

Oh, and I forgot someone..........how could I??? UCLABelle and her tiff & co beauty!

Po-UCLABelle.jpg

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for posting it :)

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Belle, I just love your ring!! It''s just so classic and beautiful!!

GEM, lol you are too funny and thanks because my FI got the call today that they came in!! I have to drop off my ring so they can set my stone in the new setting!! I promise I''ll be back first thing with pics!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
UCLA - I love your ring. Haven''t posted in the other thread, but I adore the new band with it too. I think that small rbs and ECs look fab together, but I''m also pretty biased.

Idream - YAYYYY!!! Can''t wait to see pics!

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Elmorton! Aaackkk....my FI won''t let me go drop off my ring right now!!....he wants me to wait for him to get home from work...
emcry.gif
...I swear he loves torturing me!!!
face22.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2008 1:12:18 PM
Author: GemALLogist
OK...I know you ladies are helping me to survive while my oh-so-patient ''I''m going to shop until I get just what I''m looking for'' dbf finishes up my ring....(I asked the other day if I needed to make adjustments in the requested EC/TRAP design to help...and he laughed. He said, ''Will you please just be patient?! LOL) Anyway, while I''m waiting... I''m already obsessing over wbands for a ring I don''t even have yet!! Of course, I''ll never know what bands look right until I try them on in person, but I was just chiming in on GEDEAN''s dilemma over a band for her gorgeous asscher...(she''s deciding between a channel set baguette and a shared rong rb)...and ADDY suggested another possibility: the shared prong asscher eternity.
IT LOOKS AMAZING on the website. Other than DIDIAMOND''s out-of-my-realm-of-imagination EC band... have you guys seen any step cut erings with a shared prong asscher band? I have to try one on...
Here''s a pic of the one from SIGNED PIECES that ADDY found...

I have a white sapphire version - but it''s not shared prong.

original.aspx

Let me see if I can find more pics of it. . .

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another of the asscher band. They're actually, officially square baguettes, I believe.

original.aspx

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Wow Lauren! You have an amazing collection! That sapphire band is to die for! I had no idea it was a sapphire band...I thought they were asscher cut diamonds!!
30.gif
30.gif
31.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Me too!!!! I always thought they were diamonds.

I''ve been really drooling over the Jeff White asscher gemstones over in the colored stone forum...I had no idea steps could be so brilliant for stones other than diamonds - but WOW, steps look fabulous for LOTS of stones.

Lauren, I''m in major envy of your collection. Usually on PS, even when you love someone''s style, they''ll post a piece that you think "Hmmm, I probably wouldn''t wear that..." - but every single piece you post, I think "WOW! I need to put one of THOSE on my wishlist!" Where did you find your teensy baguette band? Was it a local store or online? I just love how it looks with your asscher.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2008 4:30:19 PM
Author: Elmorton
Me too!!!! I always thought they were diamonds.

I''ve been really drooling over the Jeff White asscher gemstones over in the colored stone forum...I had no idea steps could be so brilliant for stones other than diamonds - but WOW, steps look fabulous for LOTS of stones.

Lauren, I''m in major envy of your collection. Usually on PS, even when you love someone''s style, they''ll post a piece that you think ''Hmmm, I probably wouldn''t wear that...'' - but every single piece you post, I think ''WOW! I need to put one of THOSE on my wishlist!'' Where did you find your teensy baguette band? Was it a local store or online? I just love how it looks with your asscher.
Awwwww, Elmorton, that''s very kind to say - and yes - I have contacted Jeff many times about cutting an asscher gemstone for me.

I found the baguette band at a local jeweler in TX, called Tuscany Jeweler.

I posted their website in this thread (but they don''t have any inventory posted online, sadly): https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-pics-of-ascher-with-matching-1-mm-baguette-bands.82966/

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have just found a load of pics, loves. Buckle up!

Dirty, dirty asscher, but I took this on my wedding day at The Bellagio Conservatory.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hanging out on my laptop.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Positively GLOWING in the living room.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sitting on the couch with me.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now, on to the baguette band.

Tubby hand pic.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Steps, baby!

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
And lastly, hanging out on a diamond shaped Christmas ornament.

original.aspx

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Lauren, your band is gorgIII!! What make of camera have you got? It takes excellent pics dude!!! We have a new camera and I just can''t use it properly but as soon as I can, there will be pics galore on here baby!!

I''d really love to see more pics of square emerald cuts versus asscher cuts.

oh, and can''t wait to see your new setting IDOF!!!

And..........this post doesn''t flow well, but you gals know what I mean.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2008 4:53:02 PM
Author: Po10472
Hey Lauren, your band is gorgIII!! What make of camera have you got? It takes excellent pics dude!!! We have a new camera and I just can''t use it properly but as soon as I can, there will be pics galore on here baby!!

I''d really love to see more pics of square emerald cuts versus asscher cuts.

oh, and can''t wait to see your new setting IDOF!!!

And..........this post doesn''t flow well, but you gals know what I mean.
Hey PO! Thanks, dear!

It''s a Canon SD450, IIRC - I''m thinking of getting the new SD850 for the wide-angle option.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
UCLABelle? Is this the same ring as your that they''re selling in Signed Pieces?

Tiffany 1.91ct 2 trillion 0.80ct (2).jpg

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
you''d have thought they would have given it a quick clean and polish before the photographed it!!

pesky ECs

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
It is the same style- Just larger (mine is 1.50 exactly), color and clarity are also different....

I agree it needs a cleaning- but ECs are so hard to keep clean, I am at the point of "why bother"...

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
HELLO LADIES...HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!

UCLA....I so love your ring...are you feeling any better about it lately????
The ''keeping it clean thing'' comes up a lot.
LET''S TALK AMONGST OURSELVES.... any cool ideas, neat tricks for keeping the gorgeous step cuts clean???!!!!!

I DREAM... YYYYIIIIIPPPPPEEEEEE... See??!!!! All the chanting worked!!! YOU MUST keep us posted on your resetting progress...WOO HOO... time''s a tickin''... sooooo excited for you --mainly about the wedding, of course....it''ll come quickly now!!!!!!!!

LAUREN...I almost fell over when I saw your collection.... I ...MUST ...GET... a white sapphire band like yours. WOW>..never seen anything like it. What a find that was!!! I agree...you have fantastic taste...I love every one of your pieces. I adore your narrow baguette band....I think that''s more the width I''ll be looking for in a wband... it''s fantastic...
I would''ve sworn your sapphire band was a diamond band...wowza...what an awesome rhr!!!!! I also think your collection is very personal...you can tell it says a lot about YOU...it''s very unique and cool... love that!

EL and PO... who else can we go after for NEW photo shoots? let''s think...think...
FASHIONVICTIM...YOU AROUND??????
41.gif

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Instead of trawling thro the celebrity e-ring thread to gather info on step-cuts I think we should have our own wee collection here.

So I''m going to start looking into this in the next week or so, really busy with coursework deadlines just now and I don''t have enough time to dedicate to it, sorry folks.........doing a part-time Masters on top of my full-time job - I know, I''m mad.

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys....here are a few pics! I only took a few pics because my house is pretty much shaded from noon till night...I''ll have to take more pics tomorrow morning.
9.gif

P26591.JPG

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Yayyyyyyy!!! Idream, it''s BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love your wedding band, too. Lovely, lovely ring!!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
I love the detail! It''s gorgeous.. I love how pave looks with any EC

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Gem - my cleaning regimen is this: At least once, usually twice a week baths in the cleaner, scrubbed with a toothbrush

Ever other week, we go to a jeweler for steeeeeeeam

Other secrets:

Never worn while cooking, cleaning, sleeping, working out, in the shower, while doing makeup or hair or any other activity where liquid materials other than water or soap are involved

Try not to wear it while teaching (ick, chalk!) - plain band goes to school a lot :)

DH knows to keep his mitts off the table if he''s holding my hand

My cousin tells me I should use windex...but for some reason that makes me nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results