shape
carat
color
clarity

EC''s ..show me some LIFE!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fashionvictim

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/8/2008 10:21:18 AM
Author: GemALLogist
YES, YES.....
IS THAT NOT ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS???
I can''t believe she teased us with that shot and has not been back! I''m dying for more... FASHIONVICTIM, PLEASE come back!
emwink.gif
We need you and your mom!
THAT is the exact type of EC I love....isn''t that magnificent???

THANKS SO MUCH FOR POSTING IT FOR ME!
Awe, thanks! My mom was thrilled for the compliments, although I did convince her to get an EC instead of a RB.

Law School has swallowed me whole, but I will post more pics for you this week!

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
HEY LADIES...I'M BACK!! Had some family stuff consuming me for a few days.... seems like the party's going strong...WOO HOO!

PO...as always, THANKS for all the pics of the gorgeous sets AND for inviting folks. I knew you and TBE were the ultimate co-hosts!!! You did an amazing job of rounding up so many of the beauties...they are all gorgeous.

NEW ENGLAND...how could we forget DIAMANTEBLU'S 6ct?! My gosh...I'd LOVE to see that in person. I've stared at that picture on more than one occasion...can't imagine how much staring she does!!

ENFIANCED.... WELCOME to the thread...your set is drool-worthy! I love both...your asscher is sooooo clear...it really has so much depth and gives off so much light...and the pair are a match made in heaven....I can see why you're obsessed!!!!

DIAMONDFAN... YIPPEE...so glad you're here... we've been looking for you! We are craving new pictures...and I'd love details on how you feel about your ring...reactions you get, etc. Is the 'keeping it clean' thing a big issue?

FASHIONVICTIM...OK, studying for law school is one excuse we'll except for your absence...as long as you bring in a note!
emwink.gif
In case you can't tell by now, WE LOVE your mom's set and really, really want more pictures...ha!
You had to convince her about the EC? How does she feel now? If she doesn't like it, I'll take it!
31.gif

Glad to be back...hope you're all having the best week ever!

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
OH, IDREAM... I''ve been thinking about you. Any updates??!!
28.gif

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
CHICAGOGIRL...I spy some new pics floating around.... we''re waiting over here....waiting, waiting...
31.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gem did you see the thread I started for you with my rings?Here is the link.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Picture for Darling

2.51 carat, E VS1, finger size 5 ¼, the temp setting is 5 ¾
This setting makes cleaning the culet close to impossible, that’s why the stone is almost always dirty.

darlinh_2.jpg

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Picture 2 for darling

darlinh_1.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gem, I think my ring does sometimes have issues staying clean. If I go into Tiffany''s and wear it, they practically grab it off of my hand and clean it. I fall in love with it all over again when they do. It is a gorgeous stone.

I LOVE my ring. But really I could have even gone larger. I really wanted a true rectangle, not a square, just my personal preference. I have good sized hands though my fingers are not huge. I think I can really carry it off, I have no qualms about it.

People often stare at my ring and ask about it. I am very satisfied though sometimes I would love to do kites or shields or traps on the sides...for now I am leaving it alone though. Hubby would blow a fuse if I mentioned changing it.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Darling your stone is simply stunning.

Hey Diamondfan, your stone is legendary on here dirty or clean!!

Its interesting that you say you would have preferred a true rectangle rather than square, but I think your stone is divine because its in between a rectangle and a square - if that makes sense. I really love the cut of the EC but love the square of the asscher and therefore my preference is something which attempts both. I''m hoping to upgrade in the distant future and my hopes are to keep these ratios, so I may be making a rod for my own back but excited at the research prospect.

Ocht, your DH will blow a fuse but I''m sure he''d cave if you asked him from traps!! *swoon*.........the DF EC and traps.
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Po, thanks! My ring is pretty much a true rectangle, which is what I looked for. My best friend has an asscher and I did not want to get a square emerald so soon after she got hers.

I do love it, I really am lucky to have it and I still enjoy it each time I put it on. I left it home when we went to St. Barth''s and it was nice to come home and put it on!

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
Wow...LOVE DARLING''S...soooo pretty... and that seashell shot should be in a bloody frame! ha!!!!

DF...I''d grab your hand to stare at your ring if I saw you, too...you''d think I was some whacky stranger...then, you''d think...OH, WAIT...YOU MUST BE A PRICESCOPER!!!
I think your stone is perfection!!!! I''m an EC/TRAP SIDES lover myself...so I hear ya on the side stones...but you will never, ever go wrong with that beauty.... dirty or clean!!! I adore the shape!

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
TACORI... I forgot to respond to you, sorry!!!!....Yes...I drooled over your set in your new thread...LOVE the new pics...so glad you linked them here. Wouldn''t want anyone to ever miss the new photo shoot.
Your set is one for the ages for sure!!!!!!!!!

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Gem, any progress with your ring yet?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2008 11:09:30 AM
TACORI... I forgot to respond to you, sorry!!!!....Yes...I drooled over your set in your new thread...LOVE the new pics...so glad you linked them here. Wouldn''t want anyone to ever miss the new photo shoot.

Your set is one for the ages for sure!!!!!!!!!

Thank you! You are sweet.

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
Hey PO...thanks for checking in re my progress.
My best guess would be July-ish due to a bunch of scheduling things we''ve got going on....I just have to figure out what to do with myself between now and then. I did talk to the jeweler again recently and the only hint I got was...IT''S GOING TO BE AMAZING and worth the wait ...
I go between serene patience because I know it''s in the works and insane impatience and I make my DBF crazy (which I think he actually enjoys!!
emcrook.gif
)

HOPE EVERYONE HAD THE BEST MOTHER''S DAY EVER!!!!!!!!!!

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
OK...I know you ladies are helping me to survive while my oh-so-patient "I''m going to shop until I get just what I''m looking for" dbf finishes up my ring....(I asked the other day if I needed to make adjustments in the requested EC/TRAP design to help...and he laughed. He said, "Will you please just be patient?! LOL) Anyway, while I''m waiting... I''m already obsessing over wbands for a ring I don''t even have yet!! Of course, I''ll never know what bands look right until I try them on in person, but I was just chiming in on GEDEAN''s dilemma over a band for her gorgeous asscher...(she''s deciding between a channel set baguette and a shared rong rb)...and ADDY suggested another possibility: the shared prong asscher eternity.
IT LOOKS AMAZING on the website. Other than DIDIAMOND''s out-of-my-realm-of-imagination EC band... have you guys seen any step cut erings with a shared prong asscher band? I have to try one on...
Here''s a pic of the one from SIGNED PIECES that ADDY found...

shared prong asscher.jpg

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
oooooh that''s stunning!

how many points?

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
I figured it out to be .07 pointers...
still dainty, right???
It''s a 3.5mm band...not sure if that''s still dainty or not. I definitely do NOT want something to compete with or overshadow the ering...but want something that will be beautiful on its own and just add a little something...ya know?

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
My e-ring is 4 mm and it definitely has a presence...but I also have pretty short fingers. If you have long fingers, 3.5mm could be dainty...?

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
EL..my fingers are pretty stubby, actually
emteeth.gif
...what's the total width of your set together????
You've got me thinkin' that 3.5mm for the wband may be too much...I'll have to wait and see how wide my ering is (although, if I had to guess, I'd say it's going to be on the thin side)

I like the presence your ering has...I couldn't tell it was 4mm.... I guess new handshots are in order from you! ha!!!

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 3:37:28 PM
OH, IDREAM... I''ve been thinking about you. Any updates??!!
28.gif
Well....it''s been 6 weeks and 3 days...lol...still not here yet! I''m trying to be really really hard to be patient! But I''m getting married in 3 weeks so I''m getting a little anxious! I hope it comes in before my wedding lol!!

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Gem - I can''t wait to see your ring! I bet it will be a stunner! The band from SP is gorgeous! I was looking to get one as a wedding band too when I was going to re-set my ring as a 3 stone rather than a halo....I think it will be lovely with your ec/trap ring!!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Gem, my total width is somewhere between 6-8mm - the band of my ring is 4mm but it flares out to 6mm at the center, and then my w-band is super thin at 1.7mm (which I guess by PS standards isn''t super thin..someone around here has a 1.1 which blows my mind). Gotta remember though that my center stone is a .62 and for me, a thicker band would really be competing - but a bigger stone will go beautifully with a blingier band.

And, it''s totally dorky, but I was even doing this yesterday...have you tried measuring the mms and drawing up a ring with paper and taping it to your finger? I''m completely obsessive, so I do this pretty much any time I purchase jewelry just so I know I''m completely satisfied with the size/width/mm of something and not surprised once it''s actually in my posession. There''s another thread that someone started on 7-stone rings that had an equation to figure out how many mms each stone should be to get finger coverage, and since my dream is a 5-stone EC anniversary band, I was drawing and calculating up a storm, haha! You wouldn''t believe how many cts will fit on a size 8 finger - I was pumped, DH was not ;-)

Also, I definitely recommend trying EVERYTHING on with your e-ring because 1) you never know what look you''ll totally fall for and 2) who doesn''t want to try on scores of bling?!?! I don''t have photos here, but I''ll try to dig up some pics of my original w-band so you can see what I mean about the importance of trying on everything - my first band was AWFUL. I thought that the best look for my EC would be a plain band (the one that was designed to go with my setting) so that the stone would pop. The effect was that my poor stone was buried in wg. DH and I would have NEVER picked out my band on its own, but we both adored it when I tried it on and knew it was perfect.

And...I love your requests for more photos! I think most of us feel like once we''ve posted pics, our ring''s 15 mins of fame are done, so I will always comply with a request for a new photo shoot! haha :) I''m going to be in the car a lot tomorrow, and the car has the best lighting ever, so I''ll try to take more pics and get them posted.

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
IDREAM.... it's so funny...but I keep thinking about you! Gosh, now that I know that your wedding is so close, I REALLY need to channel the 'HURRY UP WITH HER RING" thoughts! C'MON LADIES...ALL THOUGHTS GO TO IDREAM... her wedding's just weeks away!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE keep us posted.

Of course, I'll keep you ALL posted as well...but I'm in a serene place this week. We talked about the search for the stone this weekend...the search is still ongoing...but it is an active search...and my dbf is so awesome... he really, really does want a great stone that I'll love forever. How can I NOT be patient (or at least act like I am?) Like I said several posts ago....I'm thinkin' Julyish ...if a stone turns up in time. Our jeweler laughs and says my bf wants "nothing but the best"... OK, I'm taking that as a "good thing" LOL....

EL...I literally laughed out loud at the thought of you taping the paper on your fingers because I'm sure a ton of people reading this will say, "I did that!" It's a good idea. I will try everything on. I definitely want to see more pics of your set...it'll give me perspective of mm's etc. Yours sounds perfect!!!!! I also laughed at your EC band comments...the more carats the better!!!!!
I have short fingers so I'll have to see. I'll also have to see how much budget is left after the ering for a blingy wband!! HA...

FOR ANYONE WHO HASN'T SEEN IT YET....there's a brand new member of the step cut club to welcome. Check out KHARTER'S gorgeous EC/TRILLION/PAVE beauty..she started her own thread... I invited her to join us!!!!
emteeth.gif

I hope everyone had a great day!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the old pictures of the band...

The first one is wg, the ring that was made to fit with my Richard Krementz e-ring setting. It had to be sized from a 4 to an 8 (the store decided to discontinue krementz settings right as the company decided to discontinue the bridal line), so maybe that''s why it looks horrible...or maybe it''s just band design when coupled with my EC. Whatever it is, I was totally freaked out when I hated my wedding band (that couldn''t be a good sign, right??)

elmortonuglyband2.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a second view - seriously, it looks like my little EC is suffocating!

elmortonuggoband1.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
And this is when I started breathing again... you know, trying on rings is a major pain when your fingers are chubby! I still wasn''t certain when I saw it on my pinky.

elmortonprettyband1.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Last one - this is the importance of taking photos when trying things on! When I got home, I cropped one of the photos and knew that this ring was going to be PERFECT.

elmortonprettyband2.jpg

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
EL....I gotta say...I love your new band with your ering. I love your descriptions, though, about your old band...you're so funny!!!! I was laughing.
Your blingy band is perfect with your 4mm ering...and I ADORE the width of your wband....I mean ADORE.... I think I want one! LOL

BTW... the way the shank is split on your ering lets your EC take center stage. I think that's why I never even realized it WAS 4 mm...it's so light and airy....it's like "all roads lead to the mighty EC"...it's beautiful!!!....
good call on the band change....

AND WOO HOO for the new photos!
36.gif

kharter

Rough_Rock
At the request of GemALLogist, I''m posting pics of my brand new custom made engagement ring. I''m an EC fanatic and adore pave. I fell in love with an e-ring I saw at a local jewelry store and wanted to have a custom made version of the ring with a few slight changes. Whiteflash did the custom work, and they are amazing. Here are the specs: 1.38 ct H VVS2 emerald cut center stone with two trillion sides set in platinum. The ring has double bands that cross over one another at the point of the trillion side stones (hard to see in the pics). The total weight of the e-ring is 2.95ct. The matching wedding band (approx 1 ct in aca pave) will be made in the next few months and is designed so that it sits flush against the e-ring. My soon-to-be fiance won''t let me see the ring until the actual proposal, which he said will take place in the next week or so. You''ll have hand pics just as soon as I get the ring on my finger. He''s being very sneaky...and right about now, I''m going completely insane. I want my ring!

KLH Whiteflash 22 Pave Ring.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results