shape
carat
color
clarity

Dreamer''s upgrade -- 1.66ct J VS1!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I am picking it up tomorrow and I am all
32.gif
36.gif
6.gif
about it! We are taking a romantic gettaway to Seattle without our toddler to celebrate our third anniversary, and we will be collecting our ring while we are there! So I will not have any real life photos to share until Monday, probably.

But I do have some photos from BGD to share, and let me just say YUMM!
30.gif

As you all know, I am terrible at making decisions like this
2.gif
Kudos to Lesley, Brian, and the whole team at Brian Gavin Diamonds for putting up with me. I changed my mind about a million times, including a last minute change to my setting. The whole upgrade process this time took about two months and at least 44 e-mails that I can count and probably as many phone calls too!
6.gif
So many thanks to BGD for helping this "picky"
25.gif
customer get her ultimate, fantasy, never-in-a-million-years-thought-it-would-happen dream ring.

First up... the cert! LOL. I love the clarity map on this VS1... it is blank! haha I have owned a VS2, an SI1, an SI2, and now a VS1! I like this one the best.

dreamer_166jcert.jpg

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is my old 1.2ct G Si2 beside my new 1.66 J VS1. Looks good to me! I can see the tint in the J easily, but it is not unpleasant to my eye. I think this is a harsh photo, too, as the G looked whiter than that to me in person.

dreamer_oldvsnew.jpg

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 5:50:34 PM
Author: dreamer_d
Here is my old 1.2ct G Si2 beside my new 1.66 J VS1. Looks good to me! I can see the tint in the J easily, but it is not unpleasant to my eye.
It''s gorgeous! I agree, I can also see the tint on the J, but it doesn''t bother me
9.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa, tomorrow?!! Ah, fruition
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

It's HUGE dreamer! And GORGEOUS!!! Goodness, I'm so excited for you
9.gif

Have an AWESOME trip and you'd better have tons of pics for us next week
30.gif
3.gif

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
And Bella, here is the setting I chose -- the basket style! I love it, totally perfect, and the profile will match my Dream half eternity band *exactly*.

dreamer_166j_glam2.jpg

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last glam shot until I get to see it in person!
36.gif
I really like this setting a lot, and it was very economical. I believe BGD will offer it as a stock setting in the future, which is great for people on a setting budget who do not like the typical Tiffany style prong settings.

dreamer_166j_glam4.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I thought this wasn't coming until tomorrow. Imagine my suprise when I saw this thread after a loooooong day at work (which is nowhere near done
20.gif
)

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Excellent taste in settings
2.gif
It looks gorgeous and I love the prongs!

I think you are going to love this ring and it will look
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
18.gif
with your dream half eternity!

Can't wait to see hand shots.

You now officially own a door knocker solitare
3.gif

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
*gasp* that''s gorgeous!!! You must be so excited dreamer...have a wonderful weekend, can''t wait to see this on your finger!!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
it''s beautiful and i really like the setting!!!!!!!

you''ll have to post lots of handshots when you get back. have a wonderful trip!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Hi Dreamer! Very excited for you. I cannot believe how fast this came bout, it seemed like itwas just a couple weeks ago you were looking for your upgrade. Congrats, it''s beautiful!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
And just for fun and because this is a thread about an upgrade after all, I thought I would take a walk down memory lane
9.gif

My husband proposed on my birthday in April of 2006. At the time I thought diamonds were evil
6.gif
and so I asked for him to get me an emerald cut blue sapphire in a split shank setting. He picked the ring out all on his own and it turned out great. I love this ring a lot and it is now sized so I can wear it on my right hand, which I do on special occassions. I could not part with this ring because of the sentiment, and I am very happy that I still own it in its original form despite some detours along the way
2.gif

DDsapphireeringff.jpg

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock
Hi Dreamer,

Beautiful ring! I just had a quick question-- I am new to PS (and jewelry in general) and am learning... why is it considered VS if there are no inclusions on the plot? Thanks. :)

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
We married in May of 2007, shortly after I started to yearn for a diamond. A friend of mine got engaged with a great blingy princess cut and I just saw it and wanted my own diamond very badly
27.gif
So in November of 2007 we decided to take my original sapphire and make it into a three stone with EC sides. The side stones were D and F color and were very icy.

dreamer_threestoneddf.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer, I just love your upgrade - can''t wait to see handshots! I also love your original ering - what a beautiful sapphire!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 6:30:19 PM
Author: UnluckyTwin
Hi Dreamer,

Beautiful ring! I just had a quick question-- I am new to PS (and jewelry in general) and am learning... why is it considered VS if there are no inclusions on the plot? Thanks. :)
Welcome to PS! There are inclusions on the plot, they are just so small that they did not copy well when they scanned the cert. I believe it is a feather and a needle. But VS1 means that it is actually very difficult to find the inclusions with magnification, so in my book the plot might as well be blank! When I receive the actual cert I will be curious to see where the inclusions really are.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very shortly after getting my three-stone I discovered PS and fell in love with the science behind ideally cut rounds. And I wanted one. Baaaaaadly. Somehow I convinced DH it was a good idea to buy a "starter" diamond
11.gif
. Little did he know what he was in for! So in April of 2008, to celebrate our first anniversary, we bought a lovely .80ct J VS2 Expert Selection stone from White Flash. I loved that diamond a lot and *very* happily wore it for a year. My only objection to that stone was that it was smaller than I wanted. This stone has found a happy home with another PSer and I could not be happier for her and the diamond!

dreamer_80JVS2ESff.jpg

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
One year later I decided that it was time to upgrade my round, and came accross a 1.16ct K Si1 ACA from Whiteflash that was a really good deal! I was apprehensive about the color and clarity drops, but went for it. I loved the increase in size! This diamond was a real firecracker. We got this upgrade to celebrate our second anniversary in May 2009!

dreamer_116KSi1ff.jpg

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
A beautiful setting - and I love those prongs! Thanks for taking us down memory lane. It was nice to see your original e-ring and the three stone upgrade. I am looking forward to the hand shots!

Enjoy your romantic getaway with your husband. We''ll be here when you get back.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
The summer of 2009 I was really rethinking the decision to set the sapphire into a three stone. I felt that the ring just wasn't exactly what I wanted, and for a while I was thinking of getting a different sapphire or a new setting. But in the end I knew that I did not want to spend more money on that ring, if we spent any money I wanted it to go towards my round. So I ended up trading in my EC sides from my three stone towards a .60ct F I1 ideal cut. Totally eye clean, one of the amazing I1 finds. This was a gorgeous diamond and I set it into a pendant. The sapphire went back into its original home, the split shank solitaire.

But shortly after it became obvious to me that I would never wear the pendant -- I don't like things around my neck -- and so we opted to sell the diamond to my husband's brother. He used it to propose to his loooooong time girlfriend and the diamond looks AWESOME on her hand! We gave him a deal on the stone but it freed up some needed cash at the time and I am very happy with that decision, especially seeing how happy she is with her engagement ring!

DDpendantffx.jpg

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Dreamer! Can''t wait to see that bad boy on your hand! And I really can''t wait for your ten year anniversary present.
31.gif

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Next I started feeling a little disatisfied with the K color of my solitaire. At the time, I thought that we would not have money for another upgrade for a looong time, and so I really wanted to optimize the diamond I had if I was going to keep the size that I had. So I traded in my ACA with BGD for a 1.2ct G SI2 last December. The cost of that "upgrade" was minimal and the change in color was huge! I loved the icy color of the G. But it turned out that clarity matters to me more than I thought
4.gif
And then my hubby got a nice bonus and generously donated it to my diamond obsession, so the G went back and here I await my new 1.66ct J VS1
36.gif

dreamer1.2gcollage.jpg

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 5:52:44 PM
Author: lilyfoot

Date: 5/13/2010 5:50:34 PM
Author: dreamer_d
Here is my old 1.2ct G Si2 beside my new 1.66 J VS1. Looks good to me! I can see the tint in the J easily, but it is not unpleasant to my eye.
It''s gorgeous! I agree, I can also see the tint on the J, but it doesn''t bother me
9.gif
Good to know!
5.gif

Yssie You said, "fruition". I love that word. When is your honker coming madam? Now that is a door knob.

feb2003bride I know you love cathedrals! I love basket settings, they are my favourite.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Due to ship on thursday! And I''ve got so much work half of me is hoping thursday takes a good long whilst to get here
40.gif

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer.....I''m soooooo happy for you! You''re new ring is absolutey gorgeous and will certainly look huge on your hand. I know it''s been a long process for you with a lot of ups, downs, second guessing, etc. but WOW, was the journey ever worth it. Simply stunning
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Enjoy your weekend away but hurry back with more pictures for us.

Congratulations up your upgrade!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh DD, I really enjoyed reading your story!!!!! I *LOVE* your new upgrade, and cant wait to see it on your hand!!!! So happy for you!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results