shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Doves by Doron Paloma – St. Barths Blue Ring

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
So a long story short, back in February my husband and I renewed our wedding vows during a cruise on the Oasis of the Seas. During our time on-board, I fell in love with a ring they had in the jewellery store. It was from a line called Doves, by Doron Paloma. At first the jewellery store didn't know what the stone was... so I asked them to look into it further. One of their senior staff members then told me it was a fusion of white topaz and turquoise. Of course it was priced ridiculously at $3500, but was “on sale” for 40% off. They told me they don’t mark their jewellery up, and that they guaranteed to price match the item if I could find the same ring at a lower price.

After going back and forth a few days and not being able to find the identical ring on-line I decided to pass on it (even though my husband said to go ahead and get it). But being Canadian, I knew the price also carried a significant premium (20%) due to the current exchange rate.

I couldn't stop thinking about the ring, so when we returned home I contacted Doves, asking about the closest location to me. Surprisingly there was a store in Toronto that carried their line so I called them right away. They confirmed they could get the ring, but that it had to be custom made and would take 6-8 weeks. But the biggest surprise was the price; it was $1280 (USD). A savings of over $800 from the ship’s price (so much for them not marking up their prices). Needless to say, I ordered the ring.

10 weeks later, I got my ring. She’s a real beauty, and so unique! She will forever remind me of the beautiful turquoise waters we visited during our travels, along with our wonderful vow renewal. In the sun she radiates wave like patterns, just like the Caribbean Sea (now I understand where the St. Barths name came from).

Stats: 18K white gold with .29cts of diamond melee. Center stone is a checkerboard fusion of white topaz and turquoise weighing 6.29cts.

ship_ring_1.jpg

ship_ring_2.jpg

ring_204.jpg

ring_205.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a mesmerizing ring!

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love this beautiful ring!! And what a perfect reminder of such a special time.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. Absolutely breathtaking. I wouldn't be able to stop staring at it!

What a gorgeous memory!

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
So pretty Two_little_birds! I'm so glad you were able to get this at home for a much better price and still have the memory of your beautiful Vow renewal trip at sea!! :love: :love:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
It looks perfect on your hand! How wonderful to have such a beautiful reminder of your trip and vow renewal. It is a very special ring! I love the gorgeous color and the fact that you got it with significant savings is fantastic! :dance: Well done! :appl:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like a beautiful tropical sea! Very lovely. Can you explain what makes it a fusion ring? Is the topaz set over the turquoise to reflect the color through it? I love the concept! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so pretty and one of my favorite colors for a gemstone! :love: You were SO smart to wait and get it once you were home!

In case you want some coordinating pieces, Tacori has a very similar collection but set in sterling, which makes the prices maybe a little lower. I have always thought about getting some because I wear a lot of turquoise in the summer!

http://www.tacori.com/jewelry/collections/barbados-blue

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, what a gorgeous ring! I could stare at that for hours! The colour is mesmerising!! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I LOVE it. Now you might not have known this but my favorite color is blue so if you want someone to keep this ring warm for you well you know where I am... :cheeky:

I love that this ring reminds you of such a special time in your life and you will always carry that memory with you re this ring. And I also love that you were patient and it paid off for you! That was so smart!!!

Seriously gorgeous color and gorgeous ring. As Alex wrote the color is mesmerizing. Please please post more pics. :love: :love: :love:

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow I love the combination of the ethereal blue color and beautiful faceting. Congrats on your vow renewal and this mesmerizing ring!!

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Elliot86|1437100852|3903933 said:
It looks like a beautiful tropical sea! Very lovely. Can you explain what makes it a fusion ring? Is the topaz set over the turquoise to reflect the color through it? I love the concept! :love:

I would assume the same Elliot86, that the white topaz is set over the turquoise. I also assume that the checkerboard pattern on the white topaz is what makes the turquoise shimmer like water. It really is a neat concept.

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1437109861|3903971 said:
That is so pretty and one of my favorite colors for a gemstone! :love: You were SO smart to wait and get it once you were home!

In case you want some coordinating pieces, Tacori has a very similar collection but set in sterling, which makes the prices maybe a little lower. I have always thought about getting some because I wear a lot of turquoise in the summer!

http://www.tacori.com/jewelry/collections/barbados-blue

DS I typically can't wear S/S due to the fact I get reactions from the metal more often than not. But who am I to complain, it just means I can only get the high-end stuff. Good for me, not so good for my wallet. :naughty:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So tempting to just dive right in to that blue and go for a swim! Love the color and faceting pattern...happy vow renewal!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring - and I'm glad you were able to get this special memento at a good price!

SD2006 - thanks for the heads up on a less costly alternative!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool looking ring and great you were able to buy it outside the cruise ship, I think cruise ships and hotel lobby shops intentionally rip people off.

mns12

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful, unique ring! I love the color and the checkerboard pattern. And always a great feeling to find a better price:)
Congrats on your renewal and gorgeous ring.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it's captivating and the turquoise blue has me completely mesmerized! :love: It looks so beautiful on your hand too.

What a wonderful reminder of your special cruise! :appl:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a lovely ring, and thanks for sharing! I shall remember not to buy anything on the ship if ever I go on a cruise!!!

DK :love:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for sharing, what a beautiful ring- love the color and 'glowy'-ness, I also love how the faceting is reminiscent of the water- it is very appealing. Enjoy this beauty :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results