shape
carat
color
clarity

Double edge Halo?

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Do any of you have a double edge Halo? Is that even the correct term? I have been trying to Google pictures... as many may remember, I was seriously considering a double halo, and after many visits to Tiffany to try on the soleste, I decided against it. Not because it isn't absolutely stunning, I just worry that my diamond would get a little lost, and I might tire of it for everyday wear. I definetly am still shooting for a Halo, since I want the coverage, and an upgraded stone isn't an option... it's just financially too much, I would need to be in the 3.5 ct range to get the coverage I crave, and that just isn't in the budget right now. I have decided on a halo on top, and around the side of the diamond? What is the exact terminology for that, and does anyone have a clear picture of this? For this look do you still recommend the 30 degree angle on top, or no? Some of these questions may fall into the RT forum, but I know some of you have some beautiful halos that look like this and I'm curious as to whether you tilted the top or not?

ETA- I know I can trust Mark at BE implicitly, but some of this nitty gritty minutiae I want to understand from my fellow PSers! I just want to know how to best explain what I want, lol!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Double sided? Multi sided?

Victor will create a similar ring for me in the fall with my own electric blue topaz. Is this what you mean?

_31977.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My diamond sugar ring is also multi sided. Victor has a recent example on his FB with a diamond as center stone.

_31978.jpg

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
If you mean like Acinom’s ring, Chris at BE referred to this as “a single row halo from the top and a second row halo from the side”. I believe the “Claudette” on their website is similar. When I reset my 8.6mm diamond, I was originally thinking of doing a double halo. Chris was very honest and suggested a single halo as he was concerned about the large spread and coverage of a double halo, so I ended up going single halo. Since your diamond is about the same size, I think you will be happy you decided against the traditional double halo. When I received my ring from BE, I was quite shocked at the finger coverage of single halo!!!!

I am not sure what kind of micro pave you have decided on but the bright cut option with miligrain (Tiffany legacy) will provide a tad more finger coverage than a harry winston type style, because the halo needs to be wider to allow for the milgrain wall. I am not an expert in micro pave at all, but that is what I learned from my corresponance with BE.

Also, as an owner of both a 3.25ct ring at 9.5mm (non-halo) and a 2.3ct ring at 8.6mm with halo, the halo by far provides more finger coverage. I could have saved a ton of money by resetting my smaller diamond to a halo first, because I probably wouldn't have felt the need to upgrade to a bigger diamond!! :o I am attaching a picture of both rings so you can see the difference.

This thread has pictures of a halo with a second row halo. I am guessing the ERD/BE SMTB thread will have an example you could send BE too. My search function isn't working for some reason so I can't find it right now!! But it is always helpful to reference a ring they have already made!!
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-to-those-who-wait-my-daniel-k-is-here.86927/

My rings for size reference:
img_2772.jpg

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, my!!!! You are all sooo awesome and helpful! This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much!!!

Acinom- I really appreciate all of the examples!! You are amazing, thank you for taking the time to do that!!

Tweeter- super helpful!! I definitely see what you are talking about! So yours is a round with a cushion shaped halo? Just curious, what made you decide against the miligrain? Pure aesthetic? Both are stunning!!!

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, mine is a round with a cushion halo, not everyone's taste, but I love it! It actually is bright cut with miligrain and the halo is 1.7mm, so a total of 12mm of finger coverage. Have you tried on the Legacy at Tiffany's? I was quite surprised when I tried it on that I loved it! Here is a BE close up...
jph1.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

the_universe

Rough_Rock
I prefer "double" edged halo the most for a couple reasons:

1) it doesnt overwhelm the center stone compared to a dual halo

2) it looks a lot nicer when viewed from angles; which is the most common way to view the ring from natural wear. Even when you show it to someone in person they are looking at it from an angle typically.

3) single halo looks like the stones are sitting on a plate which looks clunky to me. Whereas, a "double edge" halo looks like its floating on a cloud of stones and higher end.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all sooo much, I am going to check out links now...

Tweeter, I am going to the legacy, I feel like I tried it on years ago, but I need to look at it with a fresh pair of eyes and new perspective.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
LLJsmom|1436307308|3900097 said:
Look at these two styles of halos, the type you are looking for.

By Victor Canera. I love this one!!! I so wanted it, and I may do it if I reset into a halo some years away.
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ingle-cut-multi-row-pave-pic-overload.185195/

By Singlestone. Also covet, so badly... The gallery on this is just amazing. The ring looks like it is molded to your finger.
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ingle-cut-multi-row-pave-pic-overload.185195/

The Singlestone link is the same as the victor canera (wish is gorge, btw, but you peaked my curiosity!) Mind you reposting, please??

Acinom- that ring is beautiful! Is there miligrain directly against the stone?? It doesn't seem it? Simply glorious! I don't think I could get away with diamonds channel set all around the band as I have a tiffany Novo I would be wearing with it, so that Is my personal struggle with adding miligrain...

chatbandit

Shiny_Rock
never knew this term! I love it and am now going to keep an eye out for it!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
chatbandit|1436325537|3900199 said:
never knew this term! I love it and am now going to keep an eye out for it!

Right?? This setting is such a great take io the traditional halo if you want a little more bling!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results