shape
carat
color
clarity

Does Rose gold change colors like white gold?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Is rose gold solid or will it yellow after time like white gold?

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
The rose gold I have has not changed color...but it is mostly antique 18K rose gold....I don''t know about any of the more modern rose golds....some of the newer rose golds are composed of different metals....maybe an expert will chime in here....

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes the ring that I have was my grandmother''s and is just a pink today as when she wore it. I''m not sure what the mix is for modern rose gold, experts?????

cinnabar

Shiny_Rock
I''m no expert, but rose gold gets its color from the copper used in the alloy. White gold starts off "gold" and uses nickel or other white metals to "bleach" it. Since rose gold starts off much closer to the natural color of gold, it isn''t such a tricky job to change the color to be a bit pinker.

White gold doesn''t turn yellow so much as it is already yellowish but is rhodium plated and the plate wears off. Rose gold isn''t plated, so there''s nothing to wear off.

That''s not to say that any individual''s body chemistry isn''t going to react with any metal, but rose gold shouldn''t change color under normal circumstances.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Thank you. I just received a 3 stone white gold ring with rose gold trim on the sides. I have never had rose gold so I was curious if it would stay.. I think I want to get a rose gold band to go with it. The rose gold has a redish tone. Really pretty touch.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/23/2005 9:38:35 PM
Author:woobug02
Is rose gold solid or will it yellow after time like white gold?
i don''t think rose gold will change color since it''s not plated like WG.my avatar is 18K pink gold and it haven''t change color after 4 yrs.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results