shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone pair a platinum ering with a rose gold band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

makhro82

Shiny_Rock
At first I was thinking of getting a platinum band for my ering, but then I started thinking about rose gold pave ones for a punch of color. Does anyone have a set like that?

makhro82

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the reply San Diego Lady. My ring has a notch so nothing will sit flush against it, unless I go custom. So there will be a gap. Do you think that will make a difference.

makhro82

Shiny_Rock
Awww. You broke my little heart
7.gif
I really like how it looks against my skin. When I got platinum a couple of years ago not that many people were doing palladium and I am unfortunately allergic to white gold! I might still get a cheap rose gold one to wear occasionally:)

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
just have the edges be platinum and your problem is solved. I think it sounds beautiful. I just bought the lucida wb with rose gold and platinum - I love the combo - good l uck!

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
If you look up Boom on here she does. I will attach a pic.

Boomrosegold1.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Or you could get a really skinny spacer band that you don''t have to worry about.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t really buy the argument that platinum will eat away at gold like it''s nothing. My grandmother wore a white gold 5 stone diamond ring with her platinum engagement ring for about 40 years and both rings were fine aside from expected wear and tear. (I don''t think she had the rings serviced once.) Diamonds rubbing on metal (if you had a 3 sided pave ring against a plain ring) is likely much more damaging than metal on metal.

As long as you''re aware that platinum could eventually damage the rose gold and you''re okay with that, I say go for it. I love the look.

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
I wear an 18k rose gold band with my platinum engagement ring. Any rings worn together will cause some wear, but honestly it has been pretty minimal in my experience. I love the look!

EngagementRingBand3.jpg

makhro82

Shiny_Rock
Motownmama: Any pics of your band/where you got it from?

Alistra: Loce the look of your band, exactly what I am looking for. Do you mind telling me where you got it
26.gif

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Thanks
1.gif
It is a Tiffany & Co. Novo band.

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/4/2009 8:04:43 PM
Author: Alistra
I wear an 18k rose gold band with my platinum engagement ring. Any rings worn together will cause some wear, but honestly it has been pretty minimal in my experience. I love the look!

Wow, those are gorgeous together!

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Freefly!

I really like the contrast of the two metals together. Tiffany''s rose gold is a really beautiful shade. I also have the platinum open heart necklace with the mini rose gold open heart. I think it''s very pretty!
9.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
I do! I have worn a RG band with my plat. ering since I got it (in June). I have worn 3 different bands over that time, but nothing has happened so far. My ering is an antique solitaire, and the head is really the only part that touches my band (a RG rope band from HOW on etsy). I love the look!! I may reset my ering one day, or I may not. Good luck with your set!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
9.gif

Date: 11/4/2009 1:26:50 PM
Author: thing2of2
I don't really buy the argument that platinum will eat away at gold like it's nothing. My grandmother wore a white gold 5 stone diamond ring with her platinum engagement ring for about 40 years and both rings were fine aside from expected wear and tear. (I don't think she had the rings serviced once.) Diamonds rubbing on metal (if you had a 3 sided pave ring against a plain ring) is likely much more damaging than metal on metal.

As long as you're aware that platinum could eventually damage the rose gold and you're okay with that, I say go for it. I love the look.
Yes I'm sure that Thing2of2 replied to me when I posted this question a while ago.

Alistra your combo is very stunning!!
36.gif

OP I suggest you just go for it!!
9.gif

edited for spelling of course SIGH

metromom

Shiny_Rock
I love that look and I don''t know if I really buy into the whole platinum eating away at gold argument either. On one hand I wear a platinum engagement ring with a white gold band and on the other hand I wear a platinum eternity band with a stacking white gold bezel band. Have done so for years and none have ever eaten away at the other. Netiher combo show much more than normal wear.

makhro82

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the input everyone. I went over to Bailey, Banks and Biddle today and tried on a two tone ring with rose gold and it definitely sealed the deal! The color is just too beautiful to ignore. I am definitely going to get the band(s) and hope for the best. I loved seeing the beautiful sets the ladies here have, I knew they wouldn''t disappoint.
36.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I love the look, if you can find a way to make it work without the wear and tear.

staci76

Brilliant_Rock
I love the look too...hopefully you can make it work makhro82.

motownmama, I would also love to see your Tiffany rose gold and platinum band. I have been considering getting one of these bands for a little while. I love platinum and rose gold in rings so it seems like it would be perfect...
31.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/4/2009 1:26:50 PM
Author: thing2of2
I don''t really buy the argument that platinum will eat away at gold like it''s nothing. My grandmother wore a white gold 5 stone diamond ring with her platinum engagement ring for about 40 years and both rings were fine aside from expected wear and tear. (I don''t think she had the rings serviced once.) Diamonds rubbing on metal (if you had a 3 sided pave ring against a plain ring) is likely much more damaging than metal on metal.

As long as you''re aware that platinum could eventually damage the rose gold and you''re okay with that, I say go for it. I love the look.
No, that hasn''t been my experience. I''ve worn my platinum eternity band flanked on either side by 18K yellow gold hand engraved thinner bands and nothing has happened to any of the rings. The metal dulls a little on the sides that touch, but nothing major or dramatic. No eating away of metal. I''m going to pair this same platinum eternity band with a custom made BG 18K WG ring I''m having made next year and I''m not giving it a second thought.

Also, a friend of mine has worn her platinum Leiberfarb micro pave'' wedding band with her 14K WG sapphire and diamond e-ring for six years now and nothing has happened to her rings either.

Diamonds rubbing on metal? Yes, a potential problem, but metal on metal? No, not at all.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I wear a mixed set and have had no problems.
The gold eternity band is rhodium dipped for allergic reaction prevention. I don''t know if that has helped to protect the gold or not.

I have not noticed any wear, and I have been wearing the gold band with the platinum engagement ring for years.

Hopefully, someone will chime in that has had a bad experience so we can find out what happened.

San Diego Lady: Did something happen to your set? Are you sure it was not caused by the diamonds eating the metal instead of the two metals touching?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results