shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone know how much this Leon Mege setting costs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
33.gif
I just want to buy the setting in 18k White gold... Any ideas on how much this Leon Mege ring costs?

Ive heard LM is hard the get in touch with and if the setting way over how much I want to spend then Im not even going to try getting in touch with him.

I already emailed once for a price quote...no response...

perfect rings_555.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure if he''ll even work in white gold...but if I had to guess I would say $3-4k ish? I could be waaay off-but his pave pieces quickly go up in price. His plain platinum stuff is between $1500-2k...so usually pave is quite a bit more than that.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/20/2009 1:01:50 PM
Author:laurenfischer5
33.gif
I just want to buy the setting in 18k White gold... Any ideas on how much this Leon Mege ring costs?

Ive heard LM is hard the get in touch with and if the setting way over how much I want to spend then Im not even going to try getting in touch with him.

I already emailed once for a price quote...no response...
I would guess $4.5k just for the ering setting (not inclusive of the WB).

I'm not sure if he'd do an entire setting in WG. He may or may not. Best to ask him directly.

Leon is not hard to get in touch with, in my experience. He always answers my emails and always takes my calls. When did you email him? If it's just a couple of days, give him a chance to respond. If it's longer than a week or two, there's a chance yr email may have ended up in his Spam box. Why don't you try to email him or better still call him? I've always found him to be very personable and helpful.

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
I just cant pay that much.. Do you know of any place selling a similar setting?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/20/2009 1:10:56 PM
Author: laurenfischer5
I just cant pay that much.. Do you know of any place selling a similar setting?
No unfortunately I don't, sorry. Maybe some other PS'ers would chime in.

Also, my guess could be completely off. As I said, better to email or call and ask him directly. He's actually very nice, I've found.

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
It hasnt been long since I emailed, so I''ll wait a little longer. Im going to be looking around in the mean time though because I think no matter what its just going to be more expensive with him even if he agrees to use white gold. I mean I would love platinum, but I cant spend 3k-4k on a dainty setting with a few diamonds.

Like I said before, if anyone sees anything similar online please let me know...

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 1:20:52 PM
It hasnt been long since I emailed, so I''ll wait a little longer. Im going to be looking around in the mean time though because I think no matter what its just going to be more expensive with him even if he agrees to use white gold. I mean I would love platinum, but I cant spend 3k-4k on a dainty setting with a few diamonds.

Like I said before, if anyone sees anything similar online please let me know...

If you can''t spend $3k I would look elsewhere. It''s going to be at least that and probably more.

What exactly about that setting do you like? There are many settings with a basket head and a pave band...

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
I like this one as well. (But not as well as the one with diamonds)

His price key says this is 1 0f 5 stars to reproduce
The one with diamonds is 2 of 5 stars

But theres not a price key...

dainty band side_55.jpg

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 1:24:06 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 5/20/2009 1:20:52 PM

If you can''t spend $3k I would look elsewhere. It''s going to be at least that and probably more.

What exactly about that setting do you like? There are many settings with a basket head and a pave band...
Is that what its called? Basket head? Thats what I like most about the setting. Im positive there are others out there I just dont know where to start looking. I want to make sure its from a reputable company. Thats the only reason I even looked at LM....

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hi, there! My advice would be to post over in Rocky Talk. If you give them your budget and show them the picture, people will post alternatives. Unfortunately, Leon is probably going to be at least $3k for that setting even if he did do it in white gold. I''m sure you can get a similar look for a lot less. Good luck!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 1:04:34 PM
Author: neatfreak
I'm not sure if he'll even work in white gold...but if I had to guess I would say $3-4k ish? I could be waaay off-but his pave pieces quickly go up in price. His plain platinum stuff is between $1500-2k...so usually pave is quite a bit more than that.

I wouldn't think it would be that much. I got this setting from him and it was $3500ish and that included diamond sidestones (in place of the paraibas). This setting is a 3stars to reproduce on his scale.

ETA: to actually add the picture. dur.
r1071_018Ww.jpg

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 1:38:56 PM
Author: steph72276
Hi, there! My advice would be to post over in Rocky Talk. If you give them your budget and show them the picture, people will post alternatives. Unfortunately, Leon is probably going to be at least $3k for that setting even if he did do it in white gold. I''m sure you can get a similar look for a lot less. Good luck!
Thank you!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
leon''s pricing is actually pretty good for the high quality pave he does. Honestly, anyone doing a custom ring like that is going to run at least 2K even in WG because it''s so labor intensive to set all of those tiny stones. You might have a chance looking at some of the more reasonably priced designers like Ritani who work in palladium or wg but with pave pieces you usually do get what you pay for so it''s not a good idea to just find the cheapest out there.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Have you tried contacting Whiteflash and Brian Gavin to see if they can custom make something similar? And how much that would be?

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
Well i dont really need custom work done...I just need someone who has that look already made that can accomodate a 1.25 round diamond and then im good to go... He just happened to have the one I wanted on his website...

But I live in Mississippi anyways and from what I hear its difficult to work with him long distance...

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 2:03:45 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Have you tried contacting Whiteflash and Brian Gavin to see if they can custom make something similar? And how much that would be?
I havent. Thanks, I''ll look into that...

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I would just call Leon and ask him. The quote I got from him for a full eternity 1.8mm band in platinum I believe was $1500. Granted, I wasn''t asking for a head to be put on it but I can''t imagine that would cost $1500 but what do I know???

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
I have same ER and WB platinum set from Leon. The ER with the melee cost $3155 and the WB cost $1400, total to be $4,555, excluding shipping.

I''ve not seen something that''s close but there are some pretty similar sets from WF, although it says that it''s available with diamond purchase. Best is to give them a call.

WhiteFlash Legato 18K White Gold for ER @ $995

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results