shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone have a three stone emerald cut diamond ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I saw a gorgeous three stone emerald cut diamond ring today and my wheels are turning. I would only be able to consider it if I could trade my existing one in at GOG. I already changed my original set once and unfortunately, I wasn't able to trade it in so now I am sitting on that diamond and any way I try to sell it, I will take a hit. Just trying to minimize any further hit.

I would love to see any pictures of them.

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
You have a Michael B lace set right?
You're nuts! It's gorgeous! One of my all time favorite designs!
mb3.jpg

erring12.jpg

closeup14.jpg

Alisonsregentmb.jpg

Scintillating...

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Yep. You thing that bugs me is how wide the bands are. I know that is nutty but I have small hands. I think it takes away from the diamond too. I was unable to try both on together before I purchased them and I think that I should have figured out a way to do it.

Or maybe I am just a true PS'er....suffering from the grass is always greener syndrome. Is there a 12 step group for this problem?

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Michael B makes a new petit lace set that is 2mm thin. Pearlman's link
Perhaps Matthews/Michael B could do some sort of swap?
Let them know you don't find them comfortable together - maybe they can do something for you.

Scintillating...

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
this is not really an "emerald" cut but this is close

lornajs'' three stone crisscut ring- center: 1.75 D VS1 sides: 1.70 ctw F VVS1 link
DR-C5896[2].JPG

DSC02593.JPG

DSC02587.JPG

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I am not going to say you are nuts- EC''s are my favorite! Here is a 3 stone that I love- I forget which PS''er''s it is (sorry)!
emwink.gif

3 stone ec.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2006 2:40:03 PM
Author: Scintillating
Windowshopper''s 5 stone+:
ring%20closeup.jpg

Windowshopper: this WAS the one I thought!

I had my first upgrade as a three stone emerald cut from Tiffany''s and I loved it...I think the linear shape of the emerald lends itself well to a three stone...

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Yes, sort of. I have a 3 stone asscher, but technically and according to the appraisal and GIA certs what I have is a 3 stone square cut emerald ring.

I don''t know how to post photos, I had sent them to the admin. here and they posted them way back on another thread in rocky talk entitled how did he do?

I started thinking I wanted a 3 stone emerald but found I really really liked the clean lines and mirror effect of emerad cut but the square of asscher. So the square cut emerald was exactly what I wanted.

I love it. Emerald cuts, rectangle or square have such a classic timesless look to them.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Keep those pics coming. I would links to original threads too so I could see specs. I know NOTHING about buying emerald cuts. I do tend to prefer the more squarish (not rectangular ones) a little more. I don't want to go to as square as an asscher though.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I felt the same was as you did about the shape of my EC, Allisonfaye. I tended to be drawn to the more square-ish ones, rather than the rectangular, long ones. I think my EC has a great shape, perfect compromise!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Dani,
I love that one you posted, although it looks a little bigger than I probably want. Can you post a picture of your ring? I can''t get a good look at your picture.

I am going to get the particulars on that ring I saw. I want to know what proportions appeal to me. The only concern I have is that the center stone was 1.87 and it seemed smaller so I am guessing it might be too deep. But I did like the proportions of side stones to the center stone. I can see that constructing the perfect ring might be tricky. Also, it was I color.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2006 2:45:27 PM
Author: Dani
I am not going to say you are nuts- EC's are my favorite! Here is a 3 stone that I love- I forget which PS'er's it is (sorry)!
emwink.gif
Hi, Dani...I posted that ring! I was just going to look for it. It's one of my all-time favorites. I like how the center stone is sort of "asscher-esque". I don't remember the stats, but I do know it was put together by DBL....(it's not mine)

3-stone ECs is one of my very favorite configurations. ALL the rings in this thread are just yummy...
18.gif

widget

ETA: Just found out...the center stone is 2.26cts...I think its a J .

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Sure Allison, here is a few pics of my EC solitaire with double claw prongs. The basket is done in pave. Stone is 1.7 ct....G/VS1

myec1.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2006 3:42:20 PM
Author: widget

Date: 4/26/2006 2:45:27 PM
I am not going to say you are nuts- EC''s are my favorite! Here is a 3 stone that I love- I forget which PS''er''s it is (sorry)!
emwink.gif
Hi, Dani...I posted that ring! I was just going to look for it. It''s one of my all-time favorites. I like how the center stone is sort of ''asscher-esque''. I don''t remember the stats, but I do know it was put together by DBL....(it''s not mine)

3-stone ECs is one of my very favorite configurations. ALL the rings in this thread are just yummy...
18.gif

widget
Hi Widget- I know, I just love that ring, although I just couldnt remember at all where I got it....I am blanking out, what is DBL?

widget

Ideal_Rock

Hi Widget- I know, I just love that ring, although I just couldnt remember at all where I got it....I am blanking out, what is DBL?
Diamondsbylauren. Did you notice I edited on the carat weight?

w

dani13

Ideal_Rock

Date: 4/26/2006 3:59:33 PM
Author: widget

Diamondsbylauren. Did you notice I edited on the carat weight?

w
Holy cow! 2.36 cts! Nice! That ring is truly a beauty!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I love that ring, Dani. I have never considered an emerald cut before but my old boss, who I like to refer to as Satan, had one. It was to die for. I don''t know how many carats it was but it was big. I am guessing three carats. I would give my eye teeth to know how much it cost. She was the type of person who had to ask an employee to show her how to attach a document to an email because she wouldn''t bother to learn how to use technology so I know she just went to some high end jeweler and bought it.

I think I am going to run over to NM to look at that ring again and snap some pics. I would normally never consider buying from them for something like this but I figured after buying the ruby ring and the bracelet, I have some leverage with them on my trade and I do think they give me a little bit better price.
BTY, the husband still doesn''t know about the bracelet. I have been waiting for the right time to bring it up. He has been in a bad mood lately. Luckily, they don''t come along very often. Wait until he hears my latest scheme. But I figure this will be the only way I can upgrade my e-ring and take advantage of a couple of things that are on my side at NM. I told the lady there my plan and she seemed to think it was reasonable. She is checking into the specs on the stone. I found out it was a Kwiat, which I may have already mentioned. I asked it was GIA certed and she was going to check so I called Kwiat and they said 90% of their stones are. I want to also see how the I color compares to my G that I have now and if I can do an I or not.

So who is the expert on specs on an E cut diamond that I should run the numbers by when I get them?

emgirl

Rough_Rock
Its funny that this thread just showed up, because I piced up my new 3 stone emerald this weekend. This site was great to gain the knowledge necessary to pick out a great stone. (there are several good threads if you doa search. I have attempted to attach a pic, but Im not sure it worked. You mentioned that you like more squarish emeralds. I thought I did too, until I saw my 1.43 l/w with side stones next to it. I thought it looked a million times better that the more square emeralds. My side stones are just slightly more square and it really sets off the center stone. Good luck with your search.

emgirl

Rough_Rock
I see that it sounds like you will wait to trade it, but here is a better pic anyway.

jmk3stone.jpg

emgirl

Rough_Rock
Center is 1.32 carats G VS1. Depth 65%, table 71%, length width 1.43. Table is bigger than I originally wanted, but it still has a good deal of sparkle and the longish shape really drew me in.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are ALL amazing. Windowshopper, I was especially blinded by yours!
30.gif

This thread just reaffirms my love for ECs!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I just got some specs on the center stone. The depth is 67.5. It is deeper than yours. The table is 65. Where can I find out if this is too deep? She didn''t know the lxw ratio but she was going to get it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results