shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you wear your ering 24/7?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
Do you wear your engagement ring to bed? While cleaning? While at the gym or participating in sports? I take mine off every night, while cleaning, and definitely while participating in sports (can''t wear gloves with it on). Just curious to know what others do.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear mine alot, but I do take if off when I am cleaning or doing anything that can bang it up.

sparkleslee

Rough_Rock
i put it on when i''m leaving the house and take it off when going to sleep. i also don''t wear it while cleaning or showering, and i don''t always wear it to work either b/c it gets in the way. for vacations it depends on where i''m going -- i didn''t take it to thailand a few months ago!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t wear it to bed or in the shower, to do dishes, clean house, etc.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2008 8:44:15 PM
Author: October2008bride
I don't wear mine to bed, to shower, to work out or to clean.

Ditto. Oh, and I dont wear mine to work either (Im a nurse- it would get mangled in about 2 mins at work). So, I actually dont wear my e-ring that much at all....

So sad...
5.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only time I take mine off is in the shower.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2008 8:50:57 PM
Author: Asscherhalo_lover
i usually wear mine 24/7, about the only time i take it off is if i''m cleaning with chemicals or if my fingers are feeling puffy and it gets uncomfy to wear.

Me too. I never take it off, not even for showers or washing my hands. I used to, but now I like how sparkly it looks afterwards!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I put mine on when I leave for work in the morning, and take it off before bed.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I wear it when I leave the house, but when I''m at home I take it off. I don''t even wear a wedding band when I''m lounging around at home. Sometimes, I can''t stand the feel of jewelry on my bod--weird, I know--especially for a PS''er!
9.gif

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I take mine off right before bed and put them back on after I get out of the shower in the morning. I can''t stand to sleep in jewelry. I wear them all day, and if I''m not wearing them, I''m cleaning them. My rings look very well worn!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Some threads which addressed this. There may be others too.

wear your ering all the time?

How much do you wear your e-ring?

How do you wear your rings and how often?

Pave ring owners... how often do you wear your ring?

What jewelry do you wear on a daily basis?

Do you ladies always wear your E-ring and Wedding ring?

Can I wear diamond jewelry 24x7? (sleeping, showering, working out, etc)

Do you take your jewelry when going on vacation?

What jewelry do you wear to the gym?

Oh, and this looked interesting:

Ring rules (do's and don'ts) (For all you women (and men) who have worn your rings for many years - what tips can you give to newly engaged couples on the do's and don'ts for safety? For example, "Don't take your ring off in a public restroom", "Don't place it near a sink", "Don't wear it while changing your car's oil", etc...)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2008 9:00:24 PM
Author: coatimundi
I wear it when I leave the house, but when I''m at home I take it off. I don''t even wear a wedding band when I''m lounging around at home. Sometimes, I can''t stand the feel of jewelry on my bod--weird, I know--especially for a PS''er!
9.gif
*smacks hand over Coatie''s mouth*

ssshhhhhhhh

9.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ack... I definitely don''t wear mine all of the time. It''s the first thing off when I get home, and the last thing I put on before I leave. Unlike Dani, I do wear my rings in the hospital (am a doctor) but I suspect I don''t use my hands as much as she does. And when I am on call overnight and TIRED and likely to bash my hands around, I just wear a plain platinum band!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2008 9:23:58 PM
Author: Ellen

9.gif
*smacks hand over Coatie''s mouth*

ssshhhhhhhh

9.gif

creepaway3.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do not. I cannot sleep in jewelry at all, I take all of it off.

I also have been wearing very little jewelry now at the beach...I seriously took all my stuff and left it at the bank box...emptied out my safe and locked it all in the bank, as the beach house has no alarm and I really did not feel I needed to wear nice stuff to sit on the beach. I bought a Toy plasteramic watch for under 200.00 and bought a bunch of very inexpensive costume stuff to bring here, and I am missing my stuff but fine. We have had a ton of break ins in my area recently so now I also make sure I lock my stuff in my safe no matter what, I do not take it off and leave it on a dresser.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2008 9:41:04 PM
Author: diamondfan
I do not. I cannot sleep in jewelry at all, I take all of it off.

I also have been wearing very little jewelry now at the beach...I seriously took all my stuff and left it at the bank box...emptied out my safe and locked it all in the bank, as the beach house has no alarm and I really did not feel I needed to wear nice stuff to sit on the beach. I bought a Toy plasteramic watch for under 200.00 and bought a bunch of very inexpensive costume stuff to bring here, and I am missing my stuff but fine. We have had a ton of break ins in my area recently so now I also make sure I lock my stuff in my safe no matter what, I do not take it off and leave it on a dresser.
Me too. It comes off as I am hanging my keys up in the kitchen.

LS

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
LS, I cannot deal with wearing it at home now. I even go out now with NOTHING on, I am getting lazy about putting it all on now that I have to lock it up each time.

But I really have an OCD thing about removing my jewelery, it just annoys me to have it on at home. I also have to put sweats or something really loose and comfy on.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
I only wear mine when I leave the house... we just got a puppy who loves to chew on it if I am wearing it!!!

sabinameister

Shiny_Rock
Not all the time. If I''m doing any cleaning, sleeping, washing of hands, showering it''s off. It''s pave so I have to be extra careful so I don''t lose a stone. I have already had my diamond loose twice so I don''t risk anything. It probably doesn''t help that I clean it a few times a week either!
32.gif

KesVayReas

Rough_Rock
When I am at home, I almost never wear my e-ring and wb... I wear them when I go out of the house unless I''m going to work, then I wear a nifty white ceramic band (which is what I wear most days anyway).

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2008 10:24:17 PM
LS, I cannot deal with wearing it at home now. I even go out now with NOTHING on, I am getting lazy about putting it all on now that I have to lock it up each time.

But I really have an OCD thing about removing my jewelery, it just annoys me to have it on at home. I also have to put sweats or something really loose and comfy on.
You and me both. I don''t know why it is. It''s ONLY when I''m at home. Lately, I''m removing it as I''m getting out of the car....hey, maybe that''s where my ''lost sapphire'' went.......out in the garage?........*kidding*

But I understand you about the locking up problem. It makes things really unwieldy, doesn''t it? The reason why my ER and wedding gift diamond ring are lost is because I was too lazy to lock it up. The safe is purposely hard to get at in my house, and sweet DH has to open and close it for me....

So I take them off as soon as I get home and then kind of stuff them into the dish-towel drawer or something stupidly illogical.

LS

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think my hubby would kill me if I lost my ring. He used to get them off the table and tell me to lock them up, I had so many workers in my home and it was stupid to not lock things up. I have been on autopilot and the next day freaked out, not having remembered if I put my rings in the usual place...I go look and sure enough there they are. It is kind of a habitual...

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2008 11:56:59 PM
I think my hubby would kill me if I lost my ring. He used to get them off the table and tell me to lock them up, I had so many workers in my home and it was stupid to not lock things up. I have been on autopilot and the next day freaked out, not having remembered if I put my rings in the usual place...I go look and sure enough there they are. It is kind of a habitual...
I used to get the same thing: I''d leave them on the kitchen table threaded onto my watchband. He''d always move them into the cupboard and yell at me.

But then, here''s what I did that''s the clincher:

1. Idiot me, didn''t put them in the safe.
2. We were building an addition on the house, and my office got relocated 3 times....
3. Where were my 2 rings? NOT in the safe! (remember point #1: I am an idiot). They were in a zip-lock baggie on my desk.
4. So as my office was relocated 3x, I THREW THEM OUT BY MISTAKE

And the IDIOT OF THE YEAR prize goes to: LS

I didn''t tell him for 6 months, figuring I''d find them. NOPE.

LS

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG that is horrible. I cannot tell you how my guts would turn to liquid if that happened...not sure my hubby would notice right away because I do not always wear my rings if I am running around doing stuff...but he might notice eventually.

I want to build a much larger bolted into the foundation and have the house built around it type safe in my new house, with easy access to my stuff so I can get at it easily but it is easy to lock the stuff up after I wear it.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I''m with you; it comes off at bedtime, showers, cleaning, yardwork, etc.

I don''t want to risk damage, or dirtying it up. In fact, I make sure it is cleaned thoroughly a couple of times a week. If I were to disregard regular cleaning, it would get nasty fast. The setting doesn''t allow much access to the center stone from underneath. I''m actually kind of OCD about it, but what PSer isn''t?
9.gif

I would never shower in it; soap, shampoo, and our rather hard water would dull it. And then there''s the danger of my rings coming right off and down the drain after soap loosened up the fit.

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
9.gif

coati i totally agree with you!! sometimes jewelry feels oddly binding... i don''t have an engagement ring yet, but i definitely don''t foresee myself wearing it when i work out, or shower, or do yard work, or clean the toilet...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results