shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you take your rings off when you get home or wear the always

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
How many people remove their rings at home verses never take them off????? I am the only person in my family that removes mine the minute I get in the house. The rest of my family never removes their er or wedding bands....

Just curious :)

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
I the same as you as soon as I get in my eg ring comes off and goes in its bath. Th only rings I ware constantly is a plain wg Belias band and my 1 ct channel set band. My aunt wares her 3 ct solitare all the time though. I guess it is up to the person.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also take them off as soon as I get home and put them on a ring holder on my bedside table. I don''t like wearing them around the house.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I wear only one of my bands when I am at home. I never leave the house without putting on my e-ring and my other band though.

It really depends on what I am doing though. If it is my night to cook dinner.. I take them off.. if I have to give the kids a bath.. off they come.. and my finger swell at night so I only wear one band to bed.. otherwise.. I feel too... ''naked'' without them

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I take my rings off when I am home a lot of times. Sometimes I forget, but as soon as I need to wash my hands, I will take them off for sure. Although I had forgotten to put on my rings when I leave the house a few times.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Nope - don''t take em off except to shower in the morning.....or to clean them.

Take them off every morning before showering; they go back on after all my hair/makeup products are done.

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
I take mine off as soon as I go upstairs to change out of my work clothes. I cook, clean, etc...when I get home and it''s just easier than removing them a zillion times. Plus at night my hands swell bad and it would be too uncomfotable.

But I always put them back on when I leave the house. Unless we go to our softball/flag football games. I am so scared to lose one or to have to get them cut off if I hurt my hand. Other than that, I wear them all day long. :)

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I take mine off at home.

There are lots of days when I don''t wear them at all (if I don''t go anywhere except out to walk).

I lead a pretty dull life.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
It seems 60 - 40 :) I too have issues with my hands swelling and that is one of my main reasons for taking them off but I was always scared I would lose a stone. So one mentioned they put theirs in a bath... Would that be jewlery cleaner or something else?

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Gee, I love my rings and can''t stand to take them off. The only time I don''t wear them is when I go to bed as my hands swell overnight and my rings get too tight.

I even where them skydiving!

Veronika

Shiny_Rock
I wear my white gold wedding band when I m at home, but as soon as I leave the house the engagment ring is back on!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Ronda, good question; someone else asked a similar one in this thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/e-ring-wear.35307/=

Here was my answer:
When I first got mine, I figured I''d be like my Mom and wear it all the time. It is a part of her finger. She cooks, sleeps, bathes etc... with it. Until I cleaned it for her after I got mine, it probably hadn''t been cleaned in decades. The first night I wore mine, it was very uncomfortable, and after wearing it a week, and friends were due to see it the first time, it was filthy. I stopped at a jewelry store to clean it, and the lady said not to wear it to bed, shower, etc... It depends on the person, and also could depend on the type of ring, but for me, I take it off at bedtime, and don''t put it on again until after I shower and put lotion on (and/or panty hose !). I don''t wear it gardening, used to take it off to wash dishes, although usually I leave it on now, but almost always wear it when I go out.
When away from home, I generally never take it off. (e.g. if I''m in a hotel room, I just wear it to bed, shower, etc... so there''s no risk of losing it.)

Allie_oops

Rough_Rock
My rings never come off, except when they get cleaned. I don''t like having them off and don''t want to risk losing them (DH would KILL me).

*snicker* ditto the comment about waiting long enough for them.
9.gif

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
every item of jewelry on me comes off...i take off my ring, earrings, watch, bracelet and place everything in my jewelry box...they dont come back out until i leave the house again =) can''t stand having jewelry on me when im in the house, its weird! i can just *feel* them and they get in the way...though when im out, i can''t even tell that im wearing jewelry coz i dont feel them...now talk about weird!!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear all my jewelry all the time, unless I''m in the shower or cooking something messy. I love my rings so much that I truly can''t bear to part with them!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Mine are always on except for shower, dishes, and cooking. Don''t like gunk in mine ring.

shay

ello

Brilliant_Rock
I never take my ''imaginary 3ct ring'' off - ha ha ha! Just a little humor...

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
woooooooooooooooooo such good info :)

Midnight00

Rough_Rock
Hi! Good question! I used to take my rings off everytime I came home. I got them sized down about a month ago, so they feel better and not so heavy. Now I take them off when I shower or when I just feel like it. I also let other people (friends) play with my rings and try them on. I''m the first one to marry (got married September 10, so tomorrow is my 2 month anniversary), so they like to play with them (and I not supersitious). The re-sizing was definitely the key to wearing them more reguarly.
35.gif
'');" alt="Insert smilie
35.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/35.gif" align="absMiddle border=0">

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I take my jewelry off as soon as I get home, clean it, and put it away. I don''t like wearing it in the house; I am always working around here doing something and I don''t want to damage the stones or the settings. I wore my first wedding band (4 mm) for the first five years - I never took it off - but due to cleaning, etc. my finger kept breaking out underneath so I was finally forced to get a thinner band for everyday wear. At some point, I went back to my original band; I just took it off when I got home and used cleaning products. No problem then. Now I have the etoile band and it is 18kt. gold. I feel that it would scratch and dent more easily and I don''t want to knock one of the stones loose. So off it comes as well!

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
I take my rings off as soon as I get home. Why risk damaging them needlessly? I have a friend who never takes hers off through landscaping, wallpapering, wood chopping, you name it. I makes me nuts!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
No, I don''t take them off when I get home, but I don''t wear them all the time either. I used to wear both e-ring and w-ring to bed, but now I''m drifting towards wearing just the w-ring b/c it''s uncomfortable to sleep on it.

If I wear my grandmother-in-law''s set, I take that off when I get home, and I always take my RHRs off when I get home too.

alyson423

Rough_Rock
I only take off my rings when I take a shower or do housework- I sleep with them on, even though sometimes I have to pull blanket fuzzies out of the prongs on the mornings! I have this totally unjustified but lingering paranoia that if I ever had to run out of the house during the night, I''d forget and leave my rings behind- this way, they come with me. Strange, I know.
20.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I wear mine all the time except at the gym lifting weights. I also take them off to put lotion on, but other than that, they''re with me. I like the idea of my rings being part of me rather than an accessory. Strange, I guess, but I''m with KristyDarling -- love them too much to be apart. Plus, I worry that if I took them off more often, there''s a greater chance of losing them.

FD21Bride

Shiny_Rock
I almost always wear mine unless I''m doing something where I''ll be banging my hands into things or it will get really dirty. I''m also on the bandwagon of " I waited so long for it...I''m gonna wear the sucker!" I do something forget to put it back on after my shower or doing the dishes. i"m always afraid I''ll lose it or the dog will eat it if I take it off
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear mine all the time except when washing dishes, making pastry, gardening, grooming the horses, all that flying dirt messes them up quickly! I always take them off when I am in the bath, it is the most convenient time for their daily clean. I would never take my rings off away from the house, too afraid I would leave them somewhere
39.gif
I think you automatically develop an awareness of them and are more careful with your ring wearing hand naturally.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
What do most of you clean your rings with :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOH Woobug receipts
31.gif
Let''s see I use Windex to soak and a soft brush, filthy greasy rings warrant sudsy ammonia - 1 part ammonia to 2 parts hot water, soak, scrub and rinse, quick clean, jewellery soap and a brush. I finish off with a squirt of canned air to dry, polish the table and weekly a rub with a polishing cloth, you should see the tarnish that comes off the gold
14.gif
I want to try a good ultrasonic cleaner, been hearing some good things about them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results