shape
carat
color
clarity

Do we love it or do we hate it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ello

Brilliant_Rock
A little teaser while I wait for my E-ring...

This is my mother''s ring - blurry pictures (camera phone). For most people the ring would be over the top and weird but it''s actually very beautiful on and so OMG in person. The specifications are not clear but I measured the large diamond and it''s about 7mm - 2ct-ish. It''s super sparkly, the diamonds are from South Africa - purchased almost 35 years ago by my father. Super white with a steel grayish reflection - no yellow or blue flor. The blue reflection is coming from her I-Mac screensaver. My mom calls it a Top silver diamond but I think the grading system changed over the last 35-40 years. I don''t even know if there was such as thing as top silver diamonds?

It''s very comfortable and well balanced. Certainly makes a big impression! It''s about 0.9 inch in length. It''s not exactly my style but I must admit that I changed my mind quickly when I tried it on. It''s strangely beautiful! I also wonder about the cut because it sparkles way more than my Tiffany setting.

Share your thoughts...good or ugly? LOL! Do we love it or do we hate it?

The ring looks nicer on my mom''s slender fingers. By the way I''m a size 6.

I''ll try to take sharper images...

R_HPIM0056.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
sorry ries i can't even tell what the ring is supposed to be, the images are so blurry.

did you take those pictures? if so, girl....you need to really work on those photo taking skills RIGHT NOW because the minute you get your Leon, the general PS picture-hungry hordes are not going to be satisfied with pictures like that....!!! i can hear the rumblings now. hehee.

so keep practicing!!! you may be getting too close to the ring to take a great shot, and make sure your macro is on!!

ello

Brilliant_Rock
HA HA HA - Mara you are so funny...no worries girl it was my thoughts exactly. I took the pictures at my mom''s while I was setting up her new computer (converted her from PC to MAC) with my cam. phone.

NO WORRIES, I have a nice camera at work...

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
How many other stones are there? It''s quite a set-up! Definitely unique and a conversation starter!

Does your mom wear that everyday? It looks like it would be a tremendous right hand ring.

Personally I like a little bit more symmetry. but I can appreciate it- it''s very avant garde.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe yeah i wondered if they were from a camera phone!! if so then that explains a ton. okay now i feel a lot better about our ability to see the leon in it''s all it''s upcoming glory!!
31.gif

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I agree...it''s rather avant garde - wonder what the people thought about it 35 years ago? She must have been the bell of the ball!!!! It''s a right hand ring...
I believe it''s 5 smaller diamonds about 0.25ct in the side shape.
I''ll take our office camera home with me on the weekend for sharper images.

ello

Brilliant_Rock
If only I could get my little hands on the diamonds...think about the things I could do with the diamonds and a re-set...pendant anyone???

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2006 11:45:53 AM
Author: Mara

did you take those pictures? if so, girl....you need to really work on those photo taking skills RIGHT NOW because the minute you get your Leon, the general PS picture-hungry hordes are not going to be satisfied with pictures like that....!!! i can hear the rumblings now. hehee.
LOL...that is EXACTLY what I was thinking!!!!! I was more concerned about Ries'' picture-taking skills than I was about this ring!!

....and about the ring in question...interesting, to say the least!

widget

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Psychadelic! It's a great example of its time. I'd keep it just the way it is. Top silver is either GIA J or K/L color, depending whose color chart you're looking at. You can google that term and it will crop up on European grading charts.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
It''s not for me, but it''s definitely a conversation starter!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
is there like enamel or something on it? it kinda looked like a butterfly or something... more pics please! lol

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I love it...LOL. Wish I could see a clearer pic. It looks like a very unique ring!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I appreciate contemporary design but that ring just looks uncomfortable! It is definitely striking, though.
1.gif

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Love it! It''s definitely unusual, but it would be so pretty to wear with either cocktail attire or a funky outfit. Please do post some clearer pictures.
21.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me no likey. I'd put that honker of a stone in another setting and put the other stones in a five stone ring!

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Hey guys - I agree!
Hopefully my mom will think of me if she ever decides that diamonds are indeed not her cup of tea (wink-wink!)
For now the bubble of a ring will stay retro! ha ha ha! I girl can only dream...
31.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
On super long, slender fingers I can see how that design would really flatter! I appreciate it''s funkiness on someone else - but could imagine a re-set for my hand shape!

Top Silver, huh? That''s interesting. I''m fascinated by the "secondary" color of stones because I really think any teensy tiny hint of tint in my GIA "H" MUST be silvery rather than yellow or brown because all I ever see is white or the reflection of platinum.

My mom has an "I" colored emerald cut ... and it''s the same way ... no yellowish color at all ... maybe a teensy bit of steel gray.

Wonder if the "old" rating systems differentiated between silver "gray" undertones & yellow or brownish??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results