shape
carat
color
clarity

Do knife edge settings vary much?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI ya''ll:

I am looking for the "ultimate knife edge" setting--and wonder if you excellent PS''ers could help me out. Do the styles vary much? Who has the best selection--please post your favorites!! I need ideas!!
1.gif
Thanking you in advance.....

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thanks Dani for the link!

Anymore suggestions or leads?? Valerie101--where are you?????

cheers--Sharon

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Here is a nice comparison of 3 knife edge rings. LINK

SuperbCert, Tiffany, Whiteflash--

knifecompare.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI

Thanks so far!! This is SO helpful!! Any more ideas (or maybe the variation is so minimal that this is what "there is") are appreciated!!!
emthup.gif

cheers--Sharon

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick thought.... most of the time, the profile of the band can be altered a bit after the fact - the edge made sharper or less so. etc.

Not sure how many styles are built around the knife-edge thing - the point of the design ts to make the shank ''vanish'' anyway. Some rings only have the part of the band next to the diamond edged to that effect... and the ridge cannot be felt between the fingers even on a more sturdy band (like HERE).

And then, there are knife edge bands paved with diamonds on the sides... quite interesting look, IMO, although this defeats the purpose of making the band disappear in the background. Someone has a super nice YG set done like this (WF, still).

Liked this one allot:

gi_FL01125PT_m.jpg
(Laureato @ WF)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2006 4:15:55 PM
Author: sunkist

Of all that I have seen, the SuperbCert is the closest to the Tiffany solitaire. I think it''s gorgeous!!!
30.gif

Not sure it was mentioned in this thread or not, ( didn''t read the whole thread) have you seen Matatora''s new solitaire from Lockes Jewelers??? It''s my new fav!!!
2.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2006 12:13:03 AM
Author: kaleigh

Date: 4/19/2006 4:15:55 PM
Author: Sunkist

Of all that I have seen, the SuperbCert is the closest to the Tiffany solitaire. I think it''s gorgeous!!!
30.gif

Not sure it was mentioned in this thread or not, ( didn''t read the whole thread) have you seen Matatora''s new solitaire from Lockes Jewelers??? It''s my new fav!!!
2.gif
*blushing* I did not offer mine here because the band is rounded and not a knife edge so I did not think she would like it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2006 9:54:24 AM
Author: Matatora

*blushing* I did not offer mine here because the band is rounded and not a knife edge so I did not think she would like it.
HI:

Thanks Ana!!!

BTW, Kaleigh and Mat--I much admired Mat''s new setting and am having a difficult time deciding between the knife edge and a style very similar to Mat''s...only time will tell which way I''ll go....some indecision here.....

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results