shape
carat
color
clarity

Different looks of pave...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bams0103

Rough_Rock
Mela lu - EEK! I thought our rings were similar but it''s only when looking down at them. Yours is so much more fun than mine! I love that surprise diamond. Im really didn''t want to match the bands of my e-ring and w-band but I really like the way yours looks. Thank you for being so helpful!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 12:54:07 PM
Author: mela lu
Hi gals!

Thanks for the compliments!

To answer some questions:

1) my Engagement ring is about 2 mm thick and HAS a surprise diamond (similar to Tiffany''s) I''ve attached a profile pic at the bottom (but this is an OLD pic with the original diamond in it...prior to the upgrade). Moonwater - My rings dont rub at all! In fact, my halo sits nicely on top of my wedding band. It protects the surprise diamond. The only rubbing that *may* occur is on the underside of the halo which sits on my micropave wedding band. I have not noticed any wear and tear yet.
2.gif

Ok, you are SO selling me on this band! I can''t believe your Ering is similar to the one I plan to get (cept I''m getting bezel).

bams0103

Rough_Rock
mela lu - I have another question.......OK, two questions

What size are the melee in your e-ring?
Is your w-band 3-sided? It''s kind of hard to tell.

Sorry if you''ve already answered these questions. I''m sure you''re getting tired of talking about your ring. YEAH RIGHT!!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 4:24:16 PM
Author: bams0103

Sorry if you''ve already answered these questions. I''m sure you''re getting tired of talking about your ring. YEAH RIGHT!!

yah right is right! LOL
1) the melee in my e-ring are: The middle row are .07 and the two outer rows are .06
2) my wedding band is 3 sided. the two outer rows are set on a 45 degree angle and the melee go right to the edge of the ring (my finger).

I''m going to try to do a better photoshoot for you.
36.gif

bams0103

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 4:32:04 PM

Date: 10/30/2007 4:24:16 PM

yah right is right! LOL

1) the melee in my e-ring are: The middle row are .07 and the two outer rows are .06
2) my wedding band is 3 sided. the two outer rows are set on a 45 degree angle and the melee go right to the edge of the ring (my finger).

I''m going to try to do a better photoshoot for you.
36.gif

The .07 and .06 are in the wedding band right? What about the e-ring? I''m just trying to figure out if the melee should be the same size in both bands. If you figure out how to take clear pictures, please let me know!! I''ve tried all the tips here and I think I must have a crappy camera. Your w-band is so beautiful, especially from the side.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 4:37:42 PM
The .07 and .06 are in the wedding band right? What about the e-ring? I''m just trying to figure out if the melee should be the same size in both bands. If you figure out how to take clear pictures, please let me know!! I''ve tried all the tips here and I think I must have a crappy camera. Your w-band is so beautiful, especially from the side.
YuP! .07 and .06 are the wedding band!

My E-ring has a graduated Melee system (I made that term up) with the largest melee being .033 tapering as they go down the shank. They are smaller than the wedding band pave, but you really cannot tell because my Ering has the millgrain edging which really helps ''smooth'' out all the edges.

It''s really hard to tell where diamonds start and white gold ends!
31.gif

Re: good photography. I''v tried "everything" as well. My DH thought I''d lost my head when he found me under a white sheet one day trying to get ''diffused lighting''! Ordinarily he thinks this whole thing is "cute". That day, he was plain annoyed at (what he believes to be) my shallowness.
15.gif

Didn''t stop me though!
31.gif

bams0103

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 4:53:40 PM

Date: 10/30/2007 4:37:42 PM
YuP! .07 and .06 are the wedding band!

My E-ring has a graduated Melee system (I made that term up) with the largest melee being .033 tapering as they go down the shank. They are smaller than the wedding band pave, but you really cannot tell because my Ering has the millgrain edging which really helps ''smooth'' out all the edges.

It''s really hard to tell where diamonds start and white gold ends!
31.gif

Re: good photography. I''v tried ''everything'' as well. My DH thought I''d lost my head when he found me under a white sheet one day trying to get ''diffused lighting''! Ordinarily he thinks this whole thing is ''cute''. That day, he was plain annoyed at (what he believes to be) my shallowness.
15.gif

Didn''t stop me though!
31.gif
OMG LOL!!! I thought I was bad. We don''t have any flowers so I was trying to wrap my ring around a leaf. Needless to say, it didn''t work. PATHETIC!!

And graduated Melee system makes perfect sense!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
yes! this does look simmilar to mine. The only differences I can see are the thickness 3mm vs 4mm and also if you notice, the WF version has a thin platinum ''strip'' that sits between the edge of the ring and your finger. Mine is a little more seamless...but equally as beautiful!

I know what you mean about the ''sticking out'' factor. I tried the two on together (jewelers demo) before I decided. They really do sit well together and that was my deciding vote!

;-)

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
I wonder if that extra bit of metal is there to help stop diamond bands from rubbing together. As long as its not too noticable I don''t mind. Granted, I have no idea if it will even look right with the Ering yet (your set gives me hope!). I would like WF to take pics of my finished ring with this wedding band (and a couple others they have) so I can get an idea. Unfortunately, I think I may be left out of the Ering process (although I''ve sent a crapload of information to my BF to make sure he gets all my specs correct haha). So I wont get to see the pictures until after I''m proposed to!!!!!!!!!
39.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
well at least you can consider yourself lukcy that a) you found PS prior to the big purchase, and b) your BF is open to opinion!

My DH chose out the ring himslef, and I didnt discover PS until after the propsal...hench the pre-wedding upgrade ;-) haha.

GREAT idea having WF photograph the rings together. Awsome planning! ;-) Hopefully they''ll take a few angles and you''ll come back and share them with us!!

31.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Well, it''s not really an opinion my poor BF is getting, it''s dictation LOL. I know exactly what I want and we both agreed on it ahead of time. I was planning, once we were ready to purchase, to work with WF the entire time. But then I got a small hint that he may be trying to buy the ring completely by himself without involving me. Once I found that out I asked if he would prefer I give him all the info regarding the specs of the stone and the specs of the ring. He answered with a simple yes, so that''s that.

But man I can''t wait for pictures! Of course I''ll post every one of them once I get them.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results