shape
carat
color
clarity

Did I Do Good? Emerald Cut Halo Ring

mackenzarelli

Rough_Rock
Hi all

I have trawled through the posts of PS for many many months, picking up a huge amount of information and inspiration along the way. I can safely say I'm now settled, and have a complete ring in my possession.

So without spoiling the secret for my friends and family, and most of all my future fiancé (I hope :D ), I'm hoping for hear some objective views from the PS community... Did I do good.

I have to say, I'm very happy with how it all turned out, especially the overal proportions... had a great jeweller who also happens to be one of my best mates.

Here are the specs:

Cut: Emerald Centre
Carat: 1.21
Clarity: VVS1
Colour: G
Polish: Very Good
L/W: 1.32 (6.92 x 5.25)
Table: 68%
Depth: 69%
Crown: 14%
Halo: 20 x 0.007 Round
Shouders: 16 x 0.015 Round
Ring Width: 2.2mm
Milgrain finishing

I think that about covers the general info. I know that some of the specs are out of the "on paper" range for an emerald cut diamond, but I have to say, it looks absolutely unreal.

Thanks to everybody that has posted on PS over the years, especially the step cut fans.

Oh, while the final ring is not similar to hers, I have to thank Gypsy for all of her great posts, and her ring for inspiration, especially in regards to a delicate halo... really really helped my decision making along the way.

Here are the pics, so now over to you all for thoughts.

Thanks

Mac

mackenzarelli

Rough_Rock
Re: Did I Do Good?

Oh, and one more thing, as I figured people may be interested...

I bought the ring box online from New Zealand... and its absolutely unreal

http://www.ringboxcompany.com/

Defintiely check them out if you're in the market, they are a bit on the pricey side for a ring box, but now that I have it, I think its totaly worth the extra spend.

Many thanks

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Did I Do Good?

Nice specs on the EC diamond! yes indeed, you did a GREAT job finding the diamond and the setting! Congratulations - looking forward to even MORE pics - including hand shots once you are engaged :appl:

mackenzarelli

Rough_Rock
Thank you both so much... its one of those things, when you get so involved and consumed by something, and all you need is an opinion on how you've travelled, but you cant because its a secret haha.

novicediamond

Shiny_Rock
I know what you mean, it can get all consuming in the hunt for the best stone/setting, you did a really great job, she will be thrilled I can assure you, its stunning! and congratulations on your up and coming engagement

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
You did an awesome job, and that presentation is amazing!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You did an awesome job! That ring deserved a gorgeous box like that! Can't wait for handshots!

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It looks awesome!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Please post handshots after the engagement.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's absolutely beautiful! Good luck with the proposal! She will love it.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
That looks stunning! You did do a great job and she is a lucky girl! I can't wait to see it on your new fiance!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I think she'll love it! Beautiful!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Its absolutely stunning and I love the setting that you choose for that gorgeous rock! :love: :love: :love:

oohsparkly

Shiny_Rock
You did fantastic! I ADORE emerald cuts in halos!! It is such a winning contrast of the pure elegance of the emerald with the sparkle of the halo, and the milgrain is the icing on the cake. And the elongated shape is so elegant on the hand and even regal looking. She's going to be absolutely delighted with this!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Beauty!!! :appl:

cheers--Shaorn

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results