shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond jackets with gemstone earrings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I got my diamond jackets back in January, and I started collecting gemstone earrings to wear with them. I prefer the look of the gemstones more than wearing them with diamond studs. Here''s some pics:

With sapphires to match my wedding set:

IMG0400.jpg

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Another ear shot. I really hate my ears in macro mode!

IMG0428.jpg

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Sneaking in a couple of new pics of my wedding set:

IMG0442.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Coda, I LOVE them with gemstone earrings!

Where did you find those sets of studs?!?!? I have a set of halos for my martinis with ~4.5 mm diamonds, so I would need slightly smaller gemstones.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Yay fun!
36.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Coda, I love the earrings! VERY nice!!!
36.gif

BTW, is your e-ring diamond a radiant like mine??? It''s GORGEOUS!!!
30.gif

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
What a friggin cool concept! I love it, it looks like so much fun. The tourmaline is my absfave!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Coda, I LOVE this idea! I have some diamond jackets that I've been thinking about getting gemstone studs for and now that I've seen your beautiful collection I definitely want to do it! Did you have to have your studs made in particular sizes BTW to get them to fit so perfectly inside the jackets?

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I love the color stones with diamond jackets! Where did you get the jackets from? and what size studs are you using? I know, lots of questions but I am absolutely smitten with the concept
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Coda, those are gorgeous, the endless possibilities
31.gif
30.gif
9.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I like them all! Beautiful.
36.gif

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Cbs, Lauren, Dani, Emm, SDL, Maisie, Coatimundi, Somehowcollide, Dee Jay, akmiss, Skippy, Michelle.

The gemstone studs are actually pretty inexpensive. I got the sapphires and blue topaz from generousgems.com. They were only $99 each for the 5 mm size. I tried the 4 mm size but there was too much space between the jacket and the earring for my liking, so I got the next larger size they have. Even though the jackets are made to fit with smaller studs, 4.5 to 5 mm studs seem to look best. The pink tourmalines are 4.5 mm, and they are from Blue Nile. They were slightly more expensive, around $185. None of these are top quality gemstones, but for the price they aren''t bad.

My e-ring is a radiant, and I did have some more pics on various threads. These pics aren''t the best I''ve ever taken, but the light wasn''t great today, no sunlight.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh they are beautiful.

Beaglemom

Shiny_Rock
What a cool idea. You just gave me a fabulous Christmas idea.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
What a stunning idea. I love them all. You now have a collection fit for a Princess.
By the way where did you get the jackets from?

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
oooh, all very pretty!! i especially love them with the blue topaz! your w-set is beautiful too!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results