shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Band Rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
I was over on the Colored Stone thread posting pictures of my colored gems, and I had a picture of my diamond band rings I thought I''d share. I know several of you have nice collections of diamond band rings, too...I''d love you to share!
1.gif

a.dia.bands.JPG

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, Suzi!

On the top, is that three separate rings?

I''d love to have a wide diamond band...something like Mary Alana''s Simon G. one would be nice.

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/12/2005 3:27:06 PM
Author: Patty
Beautiful, Suzi!

On the top, is that three separate rings?

I''d love to have a wide diamond band...something like Mary Alana''s Simon G. one would be nice.
On top it is three separate rings...the top one is a channel set princess, the second one is a shared prong eternity with rounds in white gold, the third one is a channel set with rounds in yellow gold. I forgot to put my 5 stone band ring (duh) because I was wearing it already on my left hand! I don''t think I had room for it anyway.

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/12/2005 3:29:59 PM
Author: lilyinct
Lucky girl! I love the flowered diamond ring...

Thank you, I love that one, too! It is supposed to have the "look" of a three stone ring. My husband got me a three stone ring with ovals a couple of years ago for Christmas, but I wasn''t loving the look, so I traded it in. The three stone with ovals just looked a little plain or something. I like this one much better, but it is very dressy looking, so I don''t wear it for everyday. The diamonds are also set in different way...the only prongs are around the perimeters of the diamonds. The diamonds in the centers of the three clusters are sort of overlapped and have no prongs! I am a little nervous everytime I wear it, even though the jeweler assured me that it was a very secure way to set the diamonds. This one was one carat total weight, but they had the same ring also in one and a half and two carats. I''d like to trade-up to the two carat version someday, when I''m a little older and a littler more wealthy.

When I got this ring, I debated on either this one, or a three stone ring with halos around each of the three stones. But I love yellow gold, and the ones I saw in yellow gold didn''t look as pretty as the ones in white gold, so I just went with this style instead. I''m still hoping to add some sort of halo style ring to my collection one day. I''m thinking either a pear with a halo, or an east/west set marquise. I just can''t decide if I want it in a ring or a pendant! Decisions, decisions!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
That''s right, Suzi, I remember you getting your shared prong and channel set bands made right when you joined this board. You had lots and lots of extra diamonds sitting around waiting to be set if I remember correctly!

I also love the flower one!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
you''ve been holding out on us
2.gif
What a gorgeous collection of rings. I would love to be able to mix and match like that.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
suziQ, what lovely rings. My favourite is your marquise band - gorgeous!

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Patty, good memory! I was getting some rings made using the stones from a huge cluster ring my MIL had given me. Here is a picture of the ring. I still have the larger center diamond that is around .3 carat left and a few of the smaller stones. I''m hoping to have some studs made for my daughter, and I''m thinking about a pendant maybe with the .3 carat diamond. I can''t make up my mind what kind of setting I want for the pendant, though.

a.cluster.jpg

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Mrssalvo, thanks...I haven''t been trying to hold out! I have posted pictures of a lot of my rings, I just don''t take pictures very often and I never have nice looking nails, so I''m embarassed to do hand shots
7.gif
. But I do like to mix and match. For years I just wore my wedding set, which was a plain solitaire in a ring guard and a plain gold band. Over the past few years, I''ve been trying to mix it up a little. I got bored, I guess...
5.gif

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/12/2005 10:40:58 PM
Author: DiaDiva
Thanks, DiaDiva. I like that one a lot, too. It''s an older style, but I think it still looks good.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
They are all so pretty. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Shay

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2005 10:51:28 PM
Author: suziQ

Date: 10/12/2005 10:40:58 PM
Author: DiaDiva
Thanks, DiaDiva. I like that one a lot, too. It''s an older style, but I think it still looks good.
My mom had a ring just like that with 7 marquise stones. When she died, my sister who got that ring had it re-set in yellow gold. A year or two ago, her daughter graduated from high school and my sister passed on the ring to her. Except that she had it put back into the white gold, lol. What goes around, comes around!

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
what a great collection of diamond bands! I''m not a HUGE fan of marquise cut stones, but your band makes me rethink that =) I''m off to check out your colored gems!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous collection! Thanks for sharing!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
You have an amazing collection! So many stones! Lucky, lucky girl!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results