shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond and star sapphire ring, in white gold

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

michela002

Shiny_Rock

Hi all! I''ve never posted a ring or anything here before because I don''t have anything to show. This is my mother''s diamond and star sapphire ring and I just adore it.

The star sapphire in the absence of light just looks blue-ish (well this one does ... I don''t know much about them, or if they come in other colours) like in this photo.

starsapphire%20(4).jpg

But in sunlight or even artificial light or a camera flash they get an amazing star burst pattern in them, that moves around depending on the source of the light.

starsapphire%20(10).jpg

In low or diffuse light the star burst can be quite faint, or it can be very dramatic in intense light. It''s so much fun to play with!!!

This one shows how the star burst pattern can move:

starsapphire%20(13).jpg

Side view:

starsapphire%20(16).jpg

This shows how beautiful and intense the star pattern can be. The flash is the light that created this awesome pattern.

starsapphire%20(17).jpg

Well, that''s all folks! Hope you enjoyed the eye candy. I know I enjoy looking at others'' rings.
9.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
WOW
6.gif
That is so very cool! I''ve never seen anything like that before!! I LOOOOVE that starburst pattern on the sapphire!
10.gif
How unique! Do you know where she got it from??
30.gif

youngster

Shiny_Rock
Wow!! That is beautiful. I''d love to have a ring like that myself someday. Thanks for sharing!!

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
I love your ring! I remember seeing stones like that when I was a kid and always wanting one. I think they called them Lindy Stars back then. I''ve looked for one for myself for years, and all I can ever find are synthetic ones, which don''t look as pretty as yours! And it''s so big, too! Most of the ones I remember seeing years ago were fairly small. I''ve seen them in blue and in pink, but the blue is the prettiest I think. Thanks so much for sharing yours with us.

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all. I''m totally in love with this ring I can''t stop staring at it. Pity I have to give it back to my mommy. Hahahaha!

I''d never heard of star sapphires till I saw this one. It''s just the most amazing thing. I''ve never seen another either.

Sorry, can''t tell you where it''s from. It''s a family heirloom - passed down from my grandmother. Not sure if its a synthetic or manufactured, or whatever, but it''s just pretty. Lol.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stars are stronger on translucent/opaque star sapphire than on trasparent ones... but still, this appears quite strong !

Any chance you might have it appraised and identified ? Just curious...

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/6/2005 11
6.gif
2:31 PM
Author: valeria101
Stars are stronger on translucent/opaque star sapphire than on trasparent ones... but still, this appears quite strong !

Was it ever identified as natural ? Just curious...
No idea. Not even sure it has ever been valued. Might encourage my mom to get a valuation done on it, because we don''t know much about it.

The star on this thing is insanely bright and crisp when in direct sunlight or even direct artificial light.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
what a beautiful and unique ring! That stone effect is SOO cool!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing ring; I love
30.gif
how it looks!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a fabulous ring. And such great pictures of it too. I''ve seen star sapphires for sale on those jewelry tv networks, and have always thought they were very pretty, but have never seen one that someone actually owns. That ring is just awesome. Maybe mom can let you borrow it for awhile...
9.gif

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty and unique ring! Welcome to pricescope!

Lori.yellowfan

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
How cool is that?!!!
I''ve never seen anything like a star sapphire before. Thanks for sharing!
9.gif

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone
1.gif
I so adore the ring, wanted to share it with all of the pricescopers who would appreciate it. It''s the most unique thing. I''m not sure if I just got some good pics of it, but I had a look around online and other star sapphires didn''t even seem as cool as this one, but I guess I''m a little biased. One day it''ll be at home in my jewellery box. I love family heirlooms - pretty jewellery plus sentiment.
37.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results