shape
carat
color
clarity

Detachable Gem Drops with Diamond Hoops

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
I am so happy to hear your feeling better Jambalaya! :wavey:

Thank you for the lovely compliment and yes, I do still love wearing the earrings. I adore the yellow gold for the summer and running around in the sun. I wear my cartier trinity ring with them and I think they look really good together. Thank you for encouragement too. I think I will contact Neiman Marcus today.

I actually got side tracked from the a. link hoops and drops because I just bought preloved pricescope quality IDJ 2.0ctw huggies. I really needed going out, fancier earrings for day to night. However, they are definitely not great for everyday wear. Which leads me to researching for bigger studs. I saw heavenly necklaces actually have 5mm size. So I am gonna place my first order with them today for the gemstone drops and the studs. I figure that way I can try out that size, although I wish they had a 5.5 or 6mm. I am looking through all the show me the diamond studs pages to find settings and I am actually thinking of trying lower then a G color. The H colors look amazing. My last earrings to finish hopefully by end of year is turn my lever back diamonds into bezel studs.

I am so glad you came back to this thread. I am thinking of getting the pale pink amethyst, citrine and blue topaz. Those colors are all available with the smaller hoop, so I am going to try that since they will fit my ruby huggies I have already and I remember you said the smaller hoop works for A. link hoop too. I can't wait to see the winter colors too. Thank you also for helping me update my earrings. I did not realize I was only wearing a very small few because it had been so long since I bought new ones. :o I was in my 20s when I bought most of it and my taste is definitely maturing!

I would definitely get the gold plated for the earrings since its just a little hoop. My ruby huggies are actually yellow gold plated with white gold and are 10 years old. I still have not had to replate. I might even pick up the gold hoops too if I can ever get to the jewelers :D

Actually for the pearl drops, I am currently researching for pearls too and different sizes. I have on my notes 10-12 mm with eye pin from pearl paradise. I was going to get matching pearl pendants too. ETA: I forgot to add do you think that size would be to big or maybe 9-10mm?

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
Yay, I had a little extra time. So I went ahead and placed order because I remember how quick every thing sells out. I picked the blue topaz, the pink amethyst, and studs (but won't talk much about them since they are just to get size idea and I know they aren't allowed. I do have real diamond earrings, but they are ~0.66ctw and just wanted to see a little bigger size). Anyways, I can't wait to see what you decided too. The yellow gold will look very lovely on you too!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Victoria! :wavey: Well, 2-carat hoops, how lovely! Did you post them here? They sound wonderful!

Congrats on your HN order! Did you get the drops in gold? Please will you post the pink amethyst ones here because I am considering getting them in gold, but I'm not sure how different they will look from the silver. The stone has a gold frame, and I do find that lighter stones pick up yellow. I think pale pink and pale gold is such a beautiful combination. I also think the clear and gold would be nice.

About pearls, 10-12mm is quite large, yes. I had some pearl drops at 12mm and for me, personally, I thought they were a little on the large side, but I'm quite short. I think 10mm is a perfect size, but that's just my opinion. Maybe head on over the the pearl forum on here and ask the experts over there?

In terms of the Kiki pear drops, I've been daydreaming about customized color combinations, like yellow gold and fire opal, or a wintry white gold and white topaz, or white gold and lavender amethyst. I'm waiting to hear back from them if such customization is even possible, and if it's costly. I'll let you know.

I'm so looking forward to the HN winter drop collection! :appl:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to say that Kiki McD store has told me they cannot customize the pear drop earrings. However, they CAN customize the bee pendants.

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
hi Jambalaya, opal with yellow gold and pink amethyst with yellow gold would be amazing color combinations. I picked the silver with the pink amethyst, for now. I can definitely post the pink amethyst when they come because I was planing to wear them with my tiny ruby huggies and thought the pink would look good. I can't wait to see the winter collection too. I love the different style combinations with the colors.

That is good idea, in regards to going to pearl forum. I also bought size assortment of different cheap pearls to get good idea. But I still had other questions I think would be best for them.

I still haven't posted my diamond huggies. I was still debating where to post, but I think I am going to post in the eye candy thread. I have not posted in there yet.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Victoria, I've been emailing with Heavenly Necklaces and I just wanted to let you know that any stone with the word "quartz" after it is man-made. I was not aware of this. I don't think they should list those stones in the Real Gems section. I've been thinking that my indigo quartz drops were real. I know they only cost $90 including shipping but I'm pretty disappointed. However, the pink amethyst ones are real.

My purple amethyst ones should arrive today and they are man-made, "amethyst quartz" as it says on the site. I wouldn't have ordered them if I'd known. HN says that the real ones had some little imperfections which made people angry so they switched to man-made. I think I'm going to send them back.

Oh well, at least all my other drops are real except the indigo quartz, but it's made me lose faith in the company so I'm going to return my gold A.Link hoops and I don't think I'll be buying any of the winter collection, since they're switching to all man-made.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Victoria, did you get your pink amethyst drops? Do you like them?

I decide to keep my yellow gold A.Link hoops as I'm having some Tahitian pearl drops in yellow gold made for them, since I had two spares from a necklace.

I received my man-made amethyst gold drops and sent them back in disgust!

However, today I ordered the pink amethyst drops (which are real) in gold, for the yellow gold hoops. I know I already have them in the silver which I wear with my white gold hoops, but I think the yellow gold frame will really highlight the pink and I think they'll look lovely on the yellow gold hoops. I only have pearl drops to wear on my yellow gold hoops since I found out that some of HN's drops are man-made, so I wanted to have at least one real gem pair for the yellow.

It seems that HN is switching to man-made for most of their drops, so I'm glad I got in when they are still real gems. I'm not so interested in any winter colors they might do now.

I still need to photograph the clear crystal drops and the pink amethyst in their white and gold versions. The blue quartz is lovely - shame it's man-made. Oh well!

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
Hi Jambalaya :wavey:

Yes I did get the gem drops they are lovely. Thank you so much for informing about the quartz information. I am glad I do have the real gems before they changed to fake because they are so pretty. I will try and take picture soon just haven't had much time with kids school.

I can't wait to see Tahitian pearl with yellow gold hoops. I am sure beautiful combination especially for fall this season.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Victoria, glad you like your pink drops! Where are our photos??

I think it's awful of HN to call their manmade drops "quartz" and not to make it clear what that means. I don't really feel the same about them. I sent back the manmade amethyst drops on Sep 3 but haven't heard anything, so I emailed them two days ago to ask if they'd got the package and about my refund, but I haven't heard anything. Can't say I'm impressed! Anyway, all my seven pairs of drops are real except one pair, the indigo - like you, I'm so glad we got in before they switched it! I suspect the manmade is simply cheaper so they make more money from each sale. :nono:

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
That is very poor customer service because the least they can do is send a quick email stating they have received their item back and are processing. I believe they are being very deceitful in their website listing and borders false advertising since they had the fakes mixed in with the real gems with out clearing noting the differences. I will never buy from them again, as well.

Hopefully I can get some pictures later this afternoon. They are really fun when worn. I wear with my diamond lever backs until I can get the hoops.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, they are being very deceptive!! They should not have fake gems listed in the Real Gems section and as for labeling manmade stones as quartz....since when does "quartz" mean man-made?? Quartz is a natural stone!

Agree re. customer service. I decided that I would not pay for a registered return service all the way to the UK since I only paid about $90 equivalent, reasoning that it's not a lot of money. Minus the original postage cost, I could expect a refund of only about $65 anyway. So I decided to take a chance on the postal service, and if they claim the parcel didn't arrive and they don't refund my money then hey, I'm only out $65. But in terms of their sales, they should deduct the 20% UK sales tax which they used to do but have stopped doing, and also they are making a bomb on the postage cost - fifteen pounds! They have obviously gotten very greedy and I'm highly unimpressed with them at this point.

However, I do like the real items that I currently have from them, and I am looking forward to seeing your drops! I will post my pink amethyst and gold drops when they arrive, plus the pink and silver ones, and the clear ones.

I look forward to seeing your pictures! :appl:

By the way, in the Peal forum we were discussing about diamond huggies and one poster bought these, which are gorgeous. $350 is a good price for 0.25ctw. http://www.americandiamondshop.com/diamond-earring-hoop-clipearringnmnp/index.html?metal=14K-WHITE&side=DIAMOND&enable_header=true&enable_menu=true

See page 2 for real images of the hoops, belonging to cmd: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/diamond-huggies-for-pearl-drops.215777/page-2#post-3929904#p3929904']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/diamond-huggies-for-pearl-drops.215777/page-2#post-3929904#p3929904[/URL]

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Victoria - I should clarify that HN did refund my money a couple of weeks ago, so quickly. I just hadn't seen it in my account - just saw it today. The + and - signs next to each transaction with my bank are tiny so it's easy to miss a credit.

They're still advertising fake stones as real though, passing them off as quartz!

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
Hey Jambalaya, even if they did credit. Their prior misrepresentation of their listing is not fair business practice.

I got some pics the other day. It is very hard for me to take pictures. I am just not good but they good have pretty color and sparkle. Not fond of the prong work. It's not to smooth on mine. But for the price it is still good (real gem only of course). Plus they add a lot of glamour and I really like wearing my lever backs again

_34557.jpg

_34558.jpg

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
Yikes sorry they r big. Posted with iphone while out. I'll have to make sure I wait next time until home

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Victoria, I love the way you wear the drops! They look fantastic! I would never have thought of attaching them to leverbacks like that! :appl:

Yeah, my opinion of HN now is that I like the things I already have from them, but I don't expect too much from them anymore. Seems like all their drops will be manmade in future (but probably still listed as quartz and placed in the Real Gems section!)

After my pink amethyst drops in gold arrive, I will photograph my two pink amethyst pairs and my clear pair. (Altogether I have pink x 2, clear, blue topaz, citrine, green amethyst, and the mid-blue ones that we don't mention.)

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Victoria, I just wanted to let you know that Heavenly Necklaces has more drops in, eleven colors total, and most (eight) are real. The only three that are not, are the indigo blue and the hot pink, and the purple, which are all glass.

However, the others are very nice - real black onyx and smoky quartz (real smoky quartz). They also have re-stock of the other real stones that had sold out, like the green amethyst and the blue topaz. So they have quite a lot of colors now.

I received my pink amethyst drops in the gold and they are so pretty! I think I'll probably order the green amethyst and the smoky quartz. The hot pink and the denim blue are so pretty that I'm considering those too, even though they're glass.

Happy browsing! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results