shape
carat
color
clarity

DBL Fancy Yellow Brown 1.9 ct

Snowy

Shiny_Rock
Guess who snatched up this beauty from Diamonds By Lauren?! Notice the out of stock :Up_to_something:
http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/ind...-brown-i1-round-brilliant-coppery-color-r5151

I hope it's okay to post in SMTB before actually receiving the ring and diamond. Let me know if not and I can report the thread to move it to where it should be :) I just can't contain my excitement!!!

I'm getting it set in 18k rose gold micropave halo with white diamonds and a micropave shank in 18k white gold. This is what I hope my ring to look almost exactly like except not split shank: http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/ind...-round-platinum-18kt-rose-gold-gia-r3569-2084 What a beauty!!! And their micropave work looks really great! http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/ind...angy-brown-i1-cushion-cut-gia-halo-ring-r5081

I. AM. SO. EXCITED. I'm confined to the house/ bed right now so really there is nothing else to do but look at it constantly!

We're settling the details of the purchase but I'm set to schedule the payment today if all goes well! I had read some up and down posts recently about DBL on Pricescope but my experience so far is fantastic with DBL. He was willing to work with my budget, answer all my questions, willing to send me the stone before it was set (but ended up not doing since it will look totally different when set) and I had spoken to him on the phone multiple times a day as I am an easily anxious/ worried shopper.

Was worried about the inclusions, but it seems eye clean and not too dark of a stone from the pictures and it's the perfect size!!! What do you think PSers? (All opinions are welcome, not just those who like brown colored diamonds. I'm an open person!)

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YOWSA!! :love: :love: :cheeky: can't wait to see it completed!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely colour!! Very exciting!

Snowy

Shiny_Rock
:D !

Enerchi, since you were able to see the diamonds in person, would you say that the colors are very true to real life that are shown in the pictures? It's hard to tell with so many circumstances of lighting that the diamond can be under when I get it.

My husband likes the coloring of this diamond, especially the lighter photos (which I LOVE) but the brown 3.55 that you tried on on Monday is too dark for his preference. Referring to http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/ind...angy-brown-i1-cushion-cut-gia-halo-ring-r5081

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
love brown diamonds! congrats!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you should see it before its set to make sure you are happy with it. An inclusion that large can affect the light play of the diamond, and you need to see the color in person.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I'm so excited you're getting a big rock! It'll look amazingly huge in that setting - fabulous.

The inclusions are more prevalent than I would like I think. And I'm pretty open minded about inclusions. But I worry that those inclusions might impact light performance. When you receive it, check it out in various lighting situations to make sure you love how it performs. And if so, post a zillion pictures for us to drool over!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning color but those inclusions are quite large :shock:

himni

Shiny_Rock
Can't wait to see the finished product! I love fancy color diamonds :appl:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the colour of it, it might be a good idea to see the stone before it is set just in case you get it and don't like it or the inclusions in person and that way there is no drama over then owning a setting without a diamond for it. If you see the stone first and love the stone then it will be a great ring.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the purchase! After all you've been through this year you most certainly deserve it!

Snowy

Shiny_Rock
I definitely understand the hesitation about the clarity (I have myself REALLY hemmed and hawwed for a while about it) but came to terms with my budget its impossible to get the stone of that size without the included aspect. It's said to be not noticeable for the most part and I'm hoping the halo helps. Couldnt prongs help as well to help mask/ hide the inclusion? But if not, David has a fantastic return policy on both the diamond and setting for 100% back without pave on the side and since I want it with pave in a crazy size a minimal fee to resize it if returned, so it doesn't seem to be a lose lose situation and I'm not stuck with anything.

My initial budget was only $3000 and I searched high and low for something near 2 cts that's not dead awful I could work with as a right hand ring... Seemed impossible even for consignment, diamond bistro and even man made diamonds! Even 4k-5k didn't come up with anything. Last time I went for cut, color, and clarity and sorely wish I sacrificed a lot more to get carat. If you know of any, let me know! :) This time I'm focusing on carat but good stone :) hopefully it's a magic stone where I can't see the inclusions! If not ill just have to return it and get my money back to keep looking since I don't have to keep either of them! Was decently and pleasantly surprised with the generous return policy!!

No matter how it turns out, hand shots galore!!!

Snowy

Shiny_Rock
Either you guys are channeling my husband or it's a coincidence and last minute thoughts for him this morning when at the post office to send payment.

I'll talk to him once he gets home today but he called me and wanted the option of seeing the diamond before it's set. I called David at DBL about it immediately and he was so wonderful to give us another option at the very last second. Very willing to send the diamond loose and even more so accommodating me on top of everything else he's done then we'll decide from there. I'll post plenty of pics and thoughts whether we go with either options... esp since right now I've talked to PSers and David more than I have to anyone else! (except my husband and my cats since they're home with me).

I'm not sure which way we will decide to go but either way this experience is another HUGE plus for shopping for diamonds online with reputable vendors. As you can tell, this is certainly not anywhere near the higher end of purchases on his website or on Pricescope but I feel like a serious VIP customer like I'm sure others on this forum actually are! :appl: I was up and down this morning but back on an UP since either way the diamond is coming to me set or unset!

Reminds me of an opposite situation at Tiffany's where I refuse to give them a single cent. Twice I went and twice I guess they decided I was not a valuable customer because I'm only in the area if I have a doctors appointment near there... I obviously do not wear any bling or accessories and dressed in careless casual clothes (in case I get blood on them) for a doctors appointments so I can only guess that's the reason.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I think that's a great decision. Plus you'll have a beautiful sparkly to look at even sooner! I hope it's wonderful.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
I'm glad you're seeing the stone loose. You will see the inclusions, but now you can decide if they are acceptable to you. The colour is lovely and may indeed help to make them less noticeable. They may be glittery inclusions that give the stone some personality. Maybe you can think of them as unique money savers!
I hope it works out well for you. Please post pictures when it arrives.

Two4MeTy

Rough_Rock
Well I don't comment much, but read a lot on this forum and I have to just say that I am so excited for you too see this stone in person. I love that you are potentially going to get a major wow factor ring on a not huge budget & not that 3 or 5 or 7k isn't A LOT of dough, but just not in diamond-land ;( as I am looking for a new piece myself while keeping to a self-imposed budget :knockout:

I am hoping the inclusions don't impact the sparkle & aren't too noticeable from a foot away! The color is so warm & fuzzy. With the icy sparkle of the halo & the yummy rose gold DBL does, I keep thinking of a sugar coated molasses cookie! I guess I'm hungry! Hungry for a yummy FCD! (Ok and maybe the cookie too).

Good luck & here's hoping you love it.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Snowy|1366298805|3429777 said:
:D !

Enerchi, since you were able to see the diamonds in person, would you say that the colors are very true to real life that are shown in the pictures? It's hard to tell with so many circumstances of lighting that the diamond can be under when I get it.

My husband likes the coloring of this diamond, especially the lighter photos (which I LOVE) but the brown 3.55 that you tried on on Monday is too dark for his preference. Referring to http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/ind...angy-brown-i1-cushion-cut-gia-halo-ring-r5081

Sorry to be late viewing this. Yes indeed, the colours you see on the web are exactly the same as IRL. David has different lights e can view them under and also next to a window. You are getting a gorgeous diamond!! I've watched that for a while myself!!

I'm excited for you and the setting will be beautiful. I was very impressed w ALL the settings I viewed!

Snowy

Shiny_Rock
Rosebloom & JaneSmith: Thanks! This option ends up putting everyone in my family at total ease, and I'm super happy! Husband was really worried about the clarity until I told him unless it's glaring at me from a foot away, I don't mind at all. Then he was worried about the color/ if it'll be too dark... then got me worried about the fine line between just right and slightly too dark.

Payment was sent so I should be seeing the stone sometime this week! If all goes well, early this week!

Enerchi: Great to know! Down here I haven't been able to be in the sun for so long and we're about to get hit by the 17 year Cicadas (... having to stay at home during this time doesn't seem too bad right now after what I went through during the last 17 year Cicada swarming. It was a nightmare!)... so all types of lighting is so important! I was so jealous of you from that thread! If I'm ever allowed out, I know NY will be on the top of my list to visit and hopefully he'll be able to spare some time for me to visit!

Two4meTy: I would HIGHLY advise you check out DBL's website. I've literally memorized some of their pages by seeing their content so much over the past week and they have a lot of budget friendly options. If not, I would talk to David and I'm sure he could either work with you, look around for something or let you know of anything coming up. And their settings look to be top quality (Enerchi has a thread in SMTB that showcases some and there's also a DBL owners thread somewhere on PS) and very well priced compared to everyone else.

He's been AMAZING though all of my incessant phone calls and emails on this rocky road of mine and literally bending over backwards to make me happy and feel safe about the internet purchase, like I'm buying a 50k+ stone when I most certainly am not! I know that any future project I have will be with DBL if we keep or even on the small chance we don't end up keeping this stone since he has met in the middle or helped me in many things he didn't have to at all! Disclaimer: I promise I have absolutely no other reason or affiliation to review or recommend his business except for the exceptional service I've gotten from him just this week other multiple Pricescope vendors I've worked with over the past 6-7 years.

I'll review later and put up a separate thread for the stone when it gets here!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where are you snowy? The cicadas sound scary!

Snowy

Shiny_Rock
DC/MD. They are literally my living nightmare. Cicadas are LOUD, big (if you touch the tip of your index finger to the tip of your thumb the space inbetween is going to be one cicada sized area) and they literally flood EVERYTHING... the air, the trees, the ground, you name it! When they start to die, they just fall to the ground and I remember going to a theme park during this time. I rode roller coasters and had them hitting us as we rode the rides and a very thick layer of dead cicadas were on the ground so all you could hear as you walked around was constant crunching noises. They have no sense of direction so they hit everything too and leave your car smeared in cicada blood while the air constantly has this horrible loud buzz that you can't ever get used to.

I promised myself I would NEVER be here when they came out of the ground 17 years later but what I failed to realize was that there are MULTIPLE swarm/ broods of the 17 year cicadas!!! Which means less than every 17 years. The last one that I remember was 2003 or 2004 as the crazy one. People were bringing in cicada pastas and fried cicadas left and right just because there were so many of them.

http://dc.about.com/cs/weather/a/cicadas.htm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/22/cicadas-2013_n_2933658.html

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock
Bump! Any update on this diamond? Impressions?

The cicadas have long since turned to crickets...

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE the contrast of brown against white diamonds. At that size you are going to attract a lot of attention. Please post pics, LOTS OF THEM! Congratulations!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been wondering about this too!! I can't wait to see that pretty stone set! any news?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results