shape
carat
color
clarity

DBL .93ct FLY in double halo by WF

SB621

Ideal_Rock
This ring is from my DH to celebrate the birth of our daughter (who will hopefully be here in the next 35 days). The .93ct FLY is from Diamonds by Lauren and I can't say enough how positive the buying experience with him was. I highly recommend David and plan on doing more projects with him in the future. Also I should mention that with the FLY I really wanted a light lemonade color- the fancy intense yellows which are stunning are just not exactly what I was going for with this project.

For the setting I went with WF because their quote was almost half of what other vendors quoted me. I think 1 reason was because they already had a double halo ring they had done for a previously PSer (thank you Boon!) that we used- so I'm guessing this kept things very simple on their end i.e. kept pricing down. I orginally had a very rocky start with WF and wasn't pleased with the customer service. However, I thankfully got transfered over to a new rep,Traci, who was a rock star to work with. She was patient and wonderful in more ways then I can explain on this thread. Plus she sent me the most wondeful rice krispie treats when I was 32 weeks pregnant- what can I say...she knew how to win me over!

I decided to go with a double halo as I already have sever DSS with my 2ct RB ering. But unfourtunately with the price of diamonds and gold going up I couldn't really get the larger cushion I wanted. Perhaps down the road in a few years if the dimaond bubble ever bursts I will contact David and see about an upgrade if they have something similar but in the 2- 2.5ct range. Right now my husband keeps reminding me we just bought a house and are having a baby so jewerly will have to go on the back burner after this for a little bit :nono:

Stats on my FLY:
Cushion cut
FLY .93ct
SI2 (eyeclean)
P/S: G/G
Fluorescense: Faint
5.41 x 5.24 x 3.54

Whiteflash (semi) custom setting:
14k white gold ring
18k yellow gold "bezel" surround diamond (this is very hard to see in the pictures. I'm hopin in RL it will be more obvious)
18k Yellow gold claw prongs
size 6.5
Double Halo with .65TCW of ACA diamond melee

I should receive the ring tomorrow so hand shots will follow. :D

**Photos removed by moderator. please remember in this forum we do not allow photos with logos**

Mynah*Bird

Rough_Rock
Yum! The color reminds me of sunshine, which is what little one's are to us mama's! :) (I post this as my 10 month old is coloring inside the tupperware cabinet. Lol!)

Congrats, I love the double halo with the YG "cup" around the FLY! A cup of sunshine!!

Can't wait for handshots of that beaut!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
It sounds so lovely, but darn, there are no pics! Can't wait to see some!!! :love:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Sorry Admin!!! I completely forgot to erase the logo! My apologies! :oops:

DoubleFLY1.jpg

DoubleFLY2.jpg

DoubleFLy3.jpg

DoubleFly4.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wowweee! Its gorgeous! can't wait to see handshots

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and congratulations on the upcoming birth of your child!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That doesn't look like a faint light yellow to me, that definitely looks like a canary diamond! Lovely stone and the double halo gets two thumbs up from me!! Congrats on the new baby that will be arriving soon!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
gemgirl|1317664122|3032133 said:
That doesn't look like a faint light yellow to me, that definitely looks like a canary diamond! Lovely stone and the double halo gets two thumbs up from me!! Congrats on the new baby that will be arriving soon!

Thanks Gemgirl. Here is a photo of the diamond unset. I think the gold basket below the ring makes the color deeper...or it might be the WF photography. I will have to see what it looks like when it arrives.

.93FLY4.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that's so beautiful! Love the double halo, and the color of the stone! :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that is lovely - and ditto gemgirl, there is nothing faint about that yellow! The stone is really pretty. And I think it's safe to say you've staved off DSS ::)

Safe delivery :))

slg47

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous!! I think the double halo setting really works with this size diamond.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is gorgeous! That color yellow is gorgeous! Congrats on the upcoming new addition to your family.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
BLING!! It's gorgeous! I love love love the color! :love: I'm so happy for you! :D

catwalk82

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous!! :lickout: I absolutely love yellow diamonds and your ring awesome! Best wishes on the upcoming addition to your family!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
That turned out beautifully!

I can't wait to see your IRL photos!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
The picture of your beautiful ring contrasted with the scribbled out logo made me laugh! Your ring is stunning.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that is gorgeous.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is wonderful! Congratulations on your little one, and the ring is awesome!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Kelpie- Perhaps we can figure out a trade. My FLY for your emerald ring and then switch back :naughty:

Mynah Bird- thank you! I have a 14 month old as well and tupperwear is one of his favorite toys.

D&T-Thanks for the compliments and for also being so helpful during the CAD process, as well as reminding me it was Boon's ring and not Megreve's!!! pregnancy brain! oops :oops:

Bright Ice- Thanks for the compliments. I love your collection- can I play in it :love:

Gemgirl- She is due in early November but we are hoping for her to come early as I would really love her birthday to be in Oct. We will see. I just want her to be here already. I hate being pregnant!

Amysbling- Awwww thanks girl! Glad you like it. My all time favorite FLY on PS is Megreve's 4.70FLY from Leon. Oh how I wish that was in the budget!

Dreamer- Thanks for the compliments! I'm glad so many PSers like it. Though I'm starting to wonder if I should have stuck with my gut feeling and made it a split shank. I thought it might be too busy as a split shank and double halo...now I'm not so certain.

Minmin- thanks girl! how is the setting the tourmaline going?

Laila, Yessie, SLG, Christina,. and catwalk - Thank you for the compliments! :))

Pregcurious- haha I know right. :rolleyes: Whenever I try to crop something in powerpoint I always end up screwing up the proportions so this was my "quick fix" though i'm surprized because when I posted the CADS with WF logo all over it no one said anything :o

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results