shape
carat
color
clarity

db''''s new 1.01 E AGS0 SI2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
The specs:
RB 6.40 - 6.45 x 3.99 mm
AGS Ideal 0
ID ID
Color E
Clarity SI2 (2 pinpoints & 2 tiny needles near the girdle and several small feathers & wisps way down towards the culet: totally eyeclean to me)
Carat 1.013
flour: neg.
table % 56.0 -depth 62.1% -crown angle 35.1 -pavilion angle 41.0
girdle is faceted .9% to 4.1% (it throws sparkles off the girdle)

Here's my new stone. After some deliberation, I chose to replace the old 1.00 J I1 with a same-size stone of better quality:

dbruby_9.jpg

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
I breifely considered a new setting, but it was too much change all at once. And i did just pay $350 for Quest ro re-do the prongs, so I thought I''d hang onto it for a while ...
Here''s a shot with my Jabel die-struck 18k 3mm wedding band:

db042306_5.jpg

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
I wear a size 6.5 .... Here is a side view. I wish I could show you how clear it is fromn the side.
This is the angle I usually see my stone from!

db042306_3.jpg

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I KNEW somebody would ask!! I accidentally walked out of the store without the AGS certificate! I called and asked them to mail it to me. I should have the specs by Monday or Tuesday- I just couldn''t resist posting a few pics while I have some downtime...
Another view on an angle-

db042306_2.jpg

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
I love love love my memoire eternity band. I think the diamonds are bout 10 points and the rubies are about 8 points. I might have that backwards....

dbruby_3.jpg

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty upgrade and I like the rubies & diamond band. Enjoy!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
And one more of the NEW STONE
36.gif

I suspect the cut of this stone is the main reason why it looks so much better. The last one scored well over 2 on the HCA, plus it had some inclusions under the table that were visible from a side view. This one is an AGS0 and i wll post table%, depth, crown & pavilion when I get the paperwork. I know this table % is smaller than the last one. I think the last stone was closer to 60-60 proportions........

dbruby_11.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s LOVELY.....more pictures!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful and I love your memoire eternity band too..

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring. It looks so white and bright. Enjoy!
21.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
great choice- it''s lovely

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
The specs for on new stone that lasted only one week on my hand:

The specs per the AGS certificate:
RB 6.40 - 6.45 x 3.99 mm
AGS Ideal 0
ID ID
Color E
Clarity SI2 (2 pinpoints & 2 tiny needles near the girdle and several small feathers & wisps way down towards the culet: totally eyeclean to me)
Carat 1.013
flour: neg.
table % 56.0 -depth 62.1% -crown angle 35.1 -pavilion angle 41.0
girdle is faceted .9% to 4.1% (it throws sparkles off the girdle)

When I was considering this stone, I asked for a Sarin report, which they did right before my very eyes. When I entered those numbers to the HCA, it scored 1.9.
I can't find that Sarin report now, but something definietly seems different in the cert. numbers compared to the Sarin numbers. Has anybody ever encountered this???

This is a VERY sparkly and VERY white stone.

BUT- after only one week, I went back and did another trade.
It was very, very helpful to live with this stone for a week to help determine my priorities.
The new stone is a G 1.20 RB AGS0 SI1 (very eyeclean- a feather way down in the bottom of the pavillion? is that the right word?)
Before yesterday, I had a tentative 2007 upgrade to a 1.5 carat in the back of my head but when I realized the store policy would require me to pay FULL SALES TAX on the ENTIRE amount (not just the increase) I balked.
I decided to blow the bank now, get the biggest stone I could afford now instead of saving another year.
So! That IS IT for now!!!!
No more diamonds fo me for a while!
I'll post pics of the G 1.20 with stats over the weekend.
THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE CONSTANT STREAM OF INFORMATION!!!!!
I have learned an incredible amount at pricescope, but I feel more like a beginner than ever !!!
Thank you!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, this must be an upgrade record! Can''t wait to see the new one! Love your eternity band!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Wow I missed this thread somehow and just as I was about to compliment your stunning new diamond you''ve already upgraded again!!! Can''t wait to see pics of the new one. Sounds like a real winner.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the new stone - and that diamond and ruby band....beautiful!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results