shape
carat
color
clarity

Cut and claritly over color

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
I just got my upgrade from a .67 e color si1 clarity old cut to a 1.53 ideal cut Vs2 clarity J (yes it has a yellow tinge) in color, , I bought it from my jeweler who is absolutely wonderful!! However I gave up a fine white color so I could get the best cut and clarity without braking the bank. The darn thing picks up light and sparkles like mad. I will never have a low grade cut diamond again!!! How many of you out there have warmer diamonds and how do you like them compared to the fine white diamonds? I acutely like the color I find stands out more due to it.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Angel,
We have all long been singing the praises of our ideal-cut J and K stones over in the "J stones in platinum" thread. Have you seen that?

And BTW, is your J stone really "yellow"-ish? Or just "warm"-colored? Because my J exhibits no "yellow" at all. (But of course no two diamonds, not even 2 J''s, are exactly the same!)

Lynn

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your upgrade. That''s a big size difference. I used to have a 1.65ct M color diamond and whilst I had it I loved it and thought it was the bees knees. However, I recently changed to a 1.6ct D color diamond and I must say I love the icy whiteness of it, I find it really is a huge contrast to the color of my skin. Unfortunately it''s spoilt me and I don''t think I can go down the color range now. However, I loved my M so who knows... if a 2.5ct J color is put in front of me, maybe I''ll succumb and think with my eyes rather than my mind. Congratulations to you... enjoy your ring!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all colours, but especially the capes or warmer ones. My large L is very white face up and in certain lights has a faint candle glow to it not found in the higher colours. As long as you have a great cut, any colour is fab! I honestly don''t regret getting a warmer colour as I love it but admire all well cut diamonds
30.gif
30.gif
It was a great way for me to maximise size
41.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Angel, Congratulations on your upgrade! I find the difference between an ideal cut and just a regular cut so amazing. The difference in sparkle is something else. I am so glad that I am not color sensitive. While my J is warmer, I see no yellow in it at all. One question, though...............where are the pics???!!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! That is a huge jump in size...and that's what people notice (along with cut quality of course!!1)....While I'm not really a huge fan of warmer stones, I'm a huge fan of finding the right balance for yourself and large stones! So i think you made a really great decision!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
What a beauty that diamond is! I think you made a great trade off to drop down a bit in color (which no one will notice) to gain size.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful Nieves!

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
When you look at the side of the diamond you can see a warm yellow tint to it. However I love the ring!!!!

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Hi Angel, beautiful diamond! Like Lorelei, I also have an L. I ADORE it. Now, if only my bf would hurry up and propose so I could actually wear it! The only difference between you and me is, I would go down lower on color AND clarity (as long as it''s eyeclean) for a bump in carat size.
9.gif

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
CoutureFemme
My hubby asked if I wanted to go lower in clarity to get an even bigger diamond and I was looking at a 1.87 oval but I just fell in love with this diamond (I just cant explain it). Do you have your ring posted?

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Angel, WOW! That is a big jump in size! It looks great! Good for you. Enjoy it! I''m totally a size girl. I have a 2 carat J and as long as the diamond is very well cut, I would never spend more for a whiter color. I just don''t think it''s worth the extra money. I could have gotten a 1.7-1.8 carat diamond 2-3 color grades higher for the same price, but I rather have a bigger diamond. I can tell the difference in color, quite easily but I still think the warmer colors are beautiful.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sure CF won''t mind me bumping pics of her scrummy pear Here I ADORE this pear!!!
3.gif
3.gif
36.gif
Beautiful choice Angel
36.gif
36.gif
Hope it won''t be long until Ellie is on your finger CF!
35.gif

Sunni79

Shiny_Rock
I have a 1.46ct Y-Z stone. The yellow is even and if looks fancy yellow. It is sparkly and gorgeous!!
30.gif

myballofsunshine.jpg

susi

Shiny_Rock
Angel, that *is* pretty
18.gif
I feel you did quite well!!

You ask a great question, tho and have received wonderful answers.

About 2 years ago, we purchased my HOF stone...which is an I color and SI 1 clarity. It is a fabulous cut......and I love it.

However, for awhile, the color and clarity bothered me a bit and I began to search for a whiter stone. I was successful in buying back a stone I had sold my jeweler some time ago which is a Lazare Kaplan E VS1 so I felt that by having both I was very fortunate indeed!

You would think that the E color far outshines the I colored stone. Not so! LK cut stones are gorgeous.....I absolutely love my LK....but.....side by side my HOF I color appears whiter because it throws back more white light than my LK.....so, I have a technically whiter stone that doesn''t look as white next to the superior cut stone......(and both are cut beautifully).....it''s just that the HOF is that much better.

Getting what you feel is the best cut is never a bad idea
9.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Angel, that is very pretty. I did not pick up on the yellow tinge at all. Just a lovely bit of warmth from your pic.

shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results