shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Sketches from Greenlake !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pauly1

Shiny_Rock

I wasn''t getting that many repsonses in the "Rocky Talk" so I figured I would try "Show me the ring".

1.gif

Well things are finally underway and off to a good start. However, I''m starting to get into the details and welcome any feedback anyone is offering. I''m trying to decide on things like:

1. Continue the engraving all the way around the face (sketch), or stop 1/2 way down like the original ring?
2. Go with the slight wrap around engraving,(which I''m very much leaning towards) or extend the sidestones further down with no engraving.
3. Any other suggestions, comments, Ect.

As for the stone, the hunt is still on, so I''ll post pics as soon as I have it. It''s going to be a Cushion, Old Mine Brilliant. L/W 1.10. My specs are pretty specific, so it''s proving to be harder to locate than I had originally thought. You know what they say though...that whole "good things come" bit. :)

I''m not going to post pictures of the top view just yet, we are still working that out. Stay tuned!

Seems like a long time ago:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/going-custom-greenlake-but-i-need-your-help.63393/

qnbg842.jpg

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I am not familiar with your previous post...so not sure how to answer all your points.

But I prefer engraving to continue all the way around. If it were pave diamonds I would say it was OK to stop...but engraving as long as it can be spaced with precision...should be a full circle. Otherwise it looks as if the artist put down his tools and went to lunch and never came back.

Until the diamond is found...I am not sure what to tell you on the rest. You are mixing two styles...a modern set head...with antique engraving...with additional side stones. There needs to be a good balance between just right and too much. An sleepy old mine cut may not pair well with dancing brilliant cut accent stone...and a cushion shape may need a different shaped stone too.

You have got that cart thing...before you have picked out your horse...it is difficult to help with out seeing the horse...first.

DKS

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmm, I thought your last thread was pretty burgeoning with responses! Feedback from 9 people is quite a bit, IMO. And that was the correct forum for your question. Usually a lack of responses means most people just don't have an opinion, not that there aren't enough people looking at the thread in the first place (if you notice the number of "views" of your other thread is at 430-something right now).

Regardless, it REALLY is just a matter of preference. You've already gotten some good (and consistent) advice so far. If you're looking for more opinions, maybe it's because you disagree with the general consensus from your other thread (if I'm not mistaken, most suggested 75%). If that's the case, just go with what you like. There's no "wrong" answer here.

pauly1

Shiny_Rock

Thanks Musey. I guess I'm still learning the Pricescope Etiquette. I haven't spent that much time here. At the same time, I guess I'm just a little anxious. I've never done this before so I'm just trying to cover all my bases. I guess I just need to be patient and trust my instincts.

Door Knob, - .....Thanks

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
In my opinion, I wouldnt put engraving on it at all. I would end it where the sculpted areas are, whats that about almost 1/2 way down, & leave the rest polished. When I see engraving or anything with a pattern I always think of wallpaper, which I HATE with a passion. Sounds stupid I know to compare jewelery to wallpaper, but it comes down to this...if you have to resize the ring at any time, what happens to the design? It becomes mutilated at some point. Unless, you are very lucky & take it to the same benchman who created it. Then...you have to pay dearly to have the pattern touched up, if they can even do that at that point. So..for me, I think that it will be less of a hassle to leave it high polish & add that lovely, cut out detail on the top.

Judy
:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results