shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom ERing & Wedding Band....Help

MrsArmy

Rough_Rock
I just spent the last 3 months getting both of my rings custom made...and separately they look great but together I'm not sure I love it. I'm having a hard time deciding if I will get used to it and be fine with how they are or if I need to see about having the wedding band completely redone. It does look a bit bulky all together, but that doesn't bother me.

The wedding band is looking a little "pointy" in comparison to the E-ring. I'd already need to have the wedding band altered as the end diamonds are rubbing uncomfortably against my fingers. I need opinions!

img_3327.jpg

img_3324.jpg

img_3320.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is your goal to wear them always together, or would you consider wearing the ER on your right hand?

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
I think you may be having a problem with the width? I'd consider smaller diamonds in your WB? especially the stacked ones between the larger diamonds.

I Love My Sailor

Shiny_Rock
In my opinion, that wedding band does not match or sit well against your e-ring. It appears that you have prong set diamonds going down the band of your e-ring? I would recommend a 5 stone prong set wedding band around .50 TCW. Both your rings are lovely and I think the band would make a beautiful right hand ring. Good Luck!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With that e-ring, I would get a completely different wedding band... like a plain one or tiny pave one. I would wear the band you currently have separately. They're both pretty, but they don't go together at all. There's just way too much going on with both of them and neither is given the chance to stand out and really wow you. But in the individual pictures they are each very "wow."

MrsArmy

Rough_Rock
I think I've been in denial a little bit because I didn't want to go through the extra trouble to redo the ring but I know I won't be satisfied unless I do...

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
They're both gorgeous, but I'd switch the band to my other hand and get either a plain band or a smaller band of diamonds.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
distracts|1350153153|3284599 said:
With that e-ring, I would get a completely different wedding band... like a plain one or tiny pave one. I would wear the band you currently have separately. They're both pretty, but they don't go together at all. There's just way too much going on with both of them and neither is given the chance to stand out and really wow you. But in the individual pictures they are each very "wow."

I agree!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1350160416|3284669 said:
They're both gorgeous, but I'd switch the band to my other hand and get either a plain band or a smaller band of diamonds.
+1. Love your 5 stoNe. It would be lovey with a simpler band. Use the other as a RHR...

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1350161389|3284681 said:
+1. Love your 5 stoNe. It would be lovey with a simpler band. Use the other as a RHR...

+2. Both rings are beautiful, by the way! What a wonderful dilemma to have!

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
both rings are beautiful in their own right but together they dont really seem to work. I would get a new plainer wedding band to really bring out the lush 5stone and as others have suggested wear the eternity as a RHR.

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Chel180. I think each ring is stunning on its own, but together, they cancel each other out. I don' know which one to look at. Your engagement ring is a showstopper on its own, and I think you should go with a wedding band that won't compete with it.

Of course, you could always wear them separately (one on each hand), but it seems you're reluctant to do that. For that reason, I'd suggest finding an alternative wedding band.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup - I'm another vote for wearing them separately. Both rings are GORGEOUS and will be beautiful and need to stand out on their own accord. I don't think you'd need to redo the WB but I think it (or the ering) moves to the RH. If you have the ering on your LH, I'd agree with a very simple plain metal band or a very small channel set band. Why I suggest channel set is so you don't have to wear a spacer if it were prong set and risk damaging the ering by the diamond girdles on the narrow WB.

Both are gorgeous rings - very beautiful! (they just need to be beautiful on their own! - you can't have 2 supermodels side by side because you don't know who to look at first! ;)) )

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the styles of the two rings compete with each other, as opposed to complementing - and they just look a bit bulky together. Both are really pretty, would look great on different fingers...I would go with a plain band or thin diamond band to wear with your ering.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have to agree w/the others about getting a thinner band to wear with your e-ring. Please share the stats on your e-ring (and it's own thread) it's BEAUTIFUL!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I agree with the others and I like Enerchi's idea of a thin channel set band.

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with everybody else, the rings don't go together on the same hand. I would move the wedding ring to your right hand and wear the e-ring with a plain or tiny pave band on your left hand.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
VRBeauty|1350170992|3284762 said:
Mayk|1350161389|3284681 said:

+2. Both rings are beautiful, by the way! What a wonderful dilemma to have!

+3 And I don't like 5-stone rings but I LOVE yours. Wowee! Definitely need to wear them separately so they get full appreciation.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Question: Did the designer/jeweller advise you that the rings may not go well together? Just curious. I've never had anything custom made.

MrsArmy

Rough_Rock
Well the ring is back at the jewelers to be remade into a matching 5 stone band. While it would have been fun to have a ring on both hands, I wanted to wear my Ering and WB together. When we discussed the WB she brought up that the bands wouldn't sit flush together and the styles were different but she didn't force the issue because I really wanted that design and I had myself convinced that they could work together. It's hard to visualize how two pieces will work together when all you have is your imagination. Live and learn!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results