shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom e-ring finished, she said ''YES''! **PICTURES**

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Well, those of you that have been following my story since way back in April/May time. I finally got the ring and gave it to her on my trip to Scandinavia. I had no problems getting the ring through airport security and that was one of my big fears. Everything went smoothly and when I asked her to marry me she said "mmm-hmm". I had to ask a couple times to get the word, "yes" to come out of her. She was super surprised!
37.gif

Anyway, here are the pictures I was told that I must put on here. ;-) I''ll put links later to my other posts so if people don''t know my story and want to read about it, they can.

I want to say thanks to Paul Slegers and Gary Dutton on here for the beautiful diamond!!

First picture!

isoRing01.jpg

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Another. Sorry about the bad shadow. I was taking these pictures in direct sunlight. I should have put something behind to reflect the light a little and fill shadows. I had planned on taking some pictures in indirect light but never got a chance to yet.

frontRing04.jpg

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!!!! Very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

Best wishes to you.............
1.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay!!
36.gif

congrats ukieza! you did good!
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ukieza,
I am so glad to finally see this beautiful ring!!!!! Congratualtions!!!!!! When are you guys getting married???

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Here are some posts so people that want to reference my other posts will be able to. I hope the links work.

This thread is my initial design, when I first posted it on here.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-own-design-2-weeks-to-wait-until-wax-image.27737/

My first wax from Arthur''s Jeweler''s in Roseville, MN. This is the company I did NOT go with because I''m "too picky."
FINALLY got the wax. Computer design to wax...

This thread has pictures of the wax I actually used from Princess Jewelers in Burnsville, MN, USA. Notice that this wax was much closer to my design than the one from Arthur''s. They used a 5-axis mill machine to cut the wax at Princess where Arthur''s did it all by hand. I prefer the machine.
28.gif

Current progress on custom eRing computer design.

This is the thread of just the diamond when I got it from Gary. The pictures in the linked thread were taken by Gary Dutton.
My new Princess AGS2 with pictures!

So, those were most of my other posts with images on so you can see progress as it went along. Kind of exciting! Thanks everyone for your support and help!

Ukieza (jason)

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/19/2005 9:14:52 AM
Author: kaleigh
Ukieza,

I am so glad to finally see this beautiful ring!!!!! Congratualtions!!!!!! When are you guys getting married???

Thanks! We are hoping next June. We are still looking to set the dates for the church and getting a reception hall. Her parents are working on that because we are going to get married in her hometown.
1.gif
Exciting yet scarey all at the same time.

-jason

widget

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Ukieza!

You put so much time and love into this project...I think that she''s a very lucky girl!

It''s just beautiful.

Very best wishes to you both...

widget

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
wow!
30.gif
It loks fantatstic! Did she cry? Are you letting her read all of the past threads? What a lucky girl!
36.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
All your hard work paid off--the ring is gorgeous!! Congratulations on your engagement.
36.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! It''s so wonderful to see that the project came out so beautifully!!! We need handshots!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Congratulations also on your engagement!!!

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone. No she didn''t cry, I was hoping she would but she was too surprised. She thought I wasn''t going to get the ring until after we got back so she was really surprised to see it. After I gave her the ring, I told her all about it, how I designed it and everything. The funny thing is, I won''t tell her friend''s too much about how much time and effort I put in on getting it made. She has a friend that got engaged not too long ago that was really proud of her fiance because he spent 4 hours in the jeweler picking it out. I don''t want to make the other guys look bad that we hang out with.

I also showed her the pictures I had on this site. She''s not too much for surfing the internet and reading forums like I am so... she did read some of your responses after I told you all that I proposed and she said yes. She was amazed at all the people that replied so quickly. :)

AChiOAlumna, do you want more handshots? I included some already. Are there other angles that I should take?

Thanks!
-jason (Ukieza)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW Jason, it turned out beautifully. It looks so much more dainty and delicate in real life compared to the wax''s and cads. It truly is a very special piece of art that you created and I know she will treasure it always. Congrats on your engagement
36.gif

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! Yeah, when I saw it I was like.. It''s so small and petite. I''m so used to seeing it so HUGE on my screen in CAD. Definitely fun. They did make a few errors on it. Big one was I told them I wanted the shank 3mm wide and they left it at 3.45mm *shrugs* But still. They also put 24 diamonds in the channel rather than the 22 that I had specified. Which kinda sucks because under the stones there are only 22 holes for cleaning. Weird, yes. I think they went with smaller stones to save cost. I was a little upset with that but.. *shrugs*. It turned out quite nice. I''m fairly happy. It was appraised well too. The appraisal came back higher than what I spent on it in total. Thanks to buying the centerstone online... and being really clean looking. ;-)

Thanks again!
-jason (Ukieza)

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Jason! The ring turned out beautifully, and looks great on her hand. Where did you propose in Scandinavia?

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I actually proposed in a botanical garden in Oslo, Norway. Her ancestory is mostly Norwegian so I figured I''d do it on Norwegian soil. :) Though, we spent most of our time in Sweden during the trip.

-jason

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
congrats, very beautiful ring.
36.gif
36.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2005 5:17:28 PM
Author: Ukieza
Thanks! I actually proposed in a botanical garden in Oslo, Norway. Her ancestory is mostly Norwegian so I figured I''d do it on Norwegian soil. :) Though, we spent most of our time in Sweden during the trip.

-jason
That''s a beautiful spot, and very thoughtful. Well done!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
so glad to hear that she loves it! it is just beautiful. congrats and best wishes
36.gif

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! :) She keeps getting compliments on it and the ladies at my work that saw the pictures are very impressed. One lady said that it''s a mix of traditional but modern all in the same.. looks elegant yet strong. A hard mix to achieve in design. *shrugs* hehe..

Thanks again!
jason

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results