shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Brian Gavin Engagement Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

XzyluM

Rough_Rock
Well, the wait is finally over! Lesley informed me that she would be sending me a tracking number and pictures today and I was really excited to see how the ring turned out. When I saw the pictures, the first that that came to mind was how gorgeous it was. It''s absolutely perfect and flawless. Since my girlfriend had her heart set on a princess cut and I couldn''t find any settings that I liked with princess cut diamonds in the band, I decided to have one custom made. I love the classic look of the Cartier 1895 setting and thought it would look beautiful with princess cut diamonds.

After talking to Lesley and explaining how I wanted everything and when she was done playing with the numbers, I was very happy when I learned the quote was within my budget. I knew I would probably have to increase my budget, but I didn''t know I was only going to increase it slightly and move up to a AGS0 .70ct diamond as well. I''m really thankful she worked with me and was able to get everything within my budget.

I definitely wanted to go with the truth head instead of the stock head. I wasn''t quite sure if I wanted the diamonds in the band to have a reverse taper or not, but Lesley assured me it would look beautiful and add the "designery" look to it. Wow! I''m really glad that I stayed with the original design and decided not to alter it. It''s beautiful and I can''t wait to see it in person tomorrow.

And last, but not least, I wanted to thank Lesley and Brian for taking the time to not only help with all the questions I asked, but for making it happen as well. I don''t think Lesley ever sleeps. She emailed me back faster than I could respond and most of the time after business hours. Her customer support is amazing and second to none and I look forward to doing business with them again when it comes time for the wedding bands.

BrianGavin_Princesses1_031610.jpg

XzyluM

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/17/2010 2:39:32 AM
Author:XzyluM
Well, the wait is finally over! Lesley informed me that she would be sending me a tracking number and pictures today and I was really excited to see how the ring turned out. When I saw the pictures, the first that that came to mind was how gorgeous it was. It''s absolutely perfect and flawless. Since my girlfriend had her heart set on a princess cut and I couldn''t find any settings that I liked with princess cut diamonds in the band, I decided to have one custom made. I love the classic look of the Cartier 1895 setting and thought it would look beautiful with princess cut diamonds.

After talking to Lesley and explaining how I wanted everything and when she was done playing with the numbers, I was very happy when I learned the quote was within my budget. I knew I would probably have to increase my budget, but I didn''t know I was only going to increase it slightly and move up to a AGS0 .70ct diamond as well. I''m really thankful she worked with me and was able to get everything within my budget.

I definitely wanted to go with the truth head instead of the stock head. I wasn''t quite sure if I wanted the diamonds in the band to have a reverse taper or not, but Lesley assured me it would look beautiful and add the ''designery'' look to it. Wow! I''m really glad that I stayed with the original design and decided not to alter it. It''s beautiful and I can''t wait to see it in person tomorrow.

And last, but not least, I wanted to thank Lesley and Brian for taking the time to not only help with all the questions I asked, but for making it happen as well. I don''t think Lesley ever sleeps. She emailed me back faster than I could respond and most of the time after business hours. Her customer support is amazing and second to none and I look forward to doing business with them again when it comes time for the wedding bands.

BrianGavin_Princesses1b_031610.jpg

XzyluM

Rough_Rock

I definitely wanted to go with the truth head instead of the stock head. I wasn''t quite sure if I wanted the diamonds in the band to have a reverse taper or not, but Lesley assured me it would look beautiful and add the ''designery'' look to it. Wow! I''m really glad that I stayed with the original design and decided not to alter it. It''s beautiful and I can''t wait to see it in person tomorrow.

BrianGavin_Princesses2_031610.jpg

XzyluM

Rough_Rock

BrianGavin_Princesses3_031610.jpg

XzyluM

Rough_Rock

BrianGavin_Princesses4_031610.jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BEAUTIFUL
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring! It has a wonderful flow to it. Good choice with going with the Truth head as well.

I think you will be even more blown away by it in person - as will she!

I am working via Jamie at BGD right now on my own custom set and I have to agree with everything you have said about their professionalism, wonderful response time, incredible design and fabulous pricing is bang on.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
So pretty!

Where did you get the diamond and what are the specs? (I remember you shopping but forget the details...)

And when is the proposal?
9.gif

legra

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful, elegant design! Congrats and please come back with more pics and hand shots when you can.
1.gif

XzyluM

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/17/2010 11:59:47 AM
Author: dreamer_d
So pretty!

Where did you get the diamond and what are the specs? (I remember you shopping but forget the details...)

And when is the proposal?
9.gif

I was looking at several other diamonds, but never really found one that I was happy with. When I was talking to Lesley and she asked about the diamond, I told her I hadn''t picked one out yet. She did give me a few options and somehow managed to work one of Brian''s signature diamonds into my budget. It''s an AGS0 .70ct/F/SI1. Since it was one of Brian''s signature cut diamonds, I was very confident going with an SI1 after being assured it was eye clean.

The ring arrived about an hour ago and it''s stunning. I''m very happy with it and it''s flawless in every way. I couldn''t have asked for more. It''s definitely eye clean and the light performance is awesome.

I plan on proposing on April 9th which will be our two year anniversary. Even though it''s right around the corner, I''m not sure I can wait that long. I decided to show her the pictures last night because I was super excited and wanted to see if she loved the design. I think she fell in love with it. The hand shots will follow once I figure out how I plan to do the proposal. I did get her a very nice Canon Powershot camera for Christmas and I''ve been waiting to try out the macro and HD video on it as well.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Amazing ring!!!

And I have an SI1 from Brian, and it''s beautiful. Our appraiser was impressed, too. So be very confident in your choice!

small_paws

Rough_Rock
very nice! I have a princess w/ a truth head coming from there myself. I like how the diamonds taper, very nice touch

Just curious, after they received payment how long was it until you received the photos stating it was done? I cannot wait for mine and am going crazy just thinking about it.
1.gif

XzyluM

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/17/2010 5:42:37 PM
Author: small_paws
very nice! I have a princess w/ a truth head coming from there myself. I like how the diamonds taper, very nice touch

Just curious, after they received payment how long was it until you received the photos stating it was done? I cannot wait for mine and am going crazy just thinking about it.
1.gif

It was about two and a half weeks from the time I sent payment to yesterday when I received the tracking number and pictures. Lesley did send me the CAD rendering and waited for me to give her the go ahead after a few days. The wait wasn't that bad since I tried to keep my mind off of it. I did message Lesley to check up on the process about once every week. I tried not to bug her too much about it. She can probably give you a very close estimate when it will be finished if you ask her.

Also, the truth head is amazing. It's definitely in a class of it's own and will compliment the diamond very well. I believe Brian had to slightly alter the truth head to work with the design, but it's beautiful. I think Lesley did mention she was going to add the setting to the catalog. I think the truth head really makes it stand out and the design is simple, yet has that "designery" flow to it.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results