shape
carat
color
clarity

Current E-ring, waiting for new setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Hi everyone! I became engaged a month ago and just learned how to take pictures with my camera. I LOVE all of the pictures everyone has posted of their rings. SO BEAUTIFUL. I''ve seen your rings so it''s only fair to show you my e-ring. I''m waiting for a new setting (previously posted question about halos in RT). I don''t know how to post pictures in 1 post, so please bear with me
1.gif
Enjoy
36.gif

~Curious~

CuriousaDiamondhand1.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good heavens!!!
36.gif
Curious, your ring is beautiful! I''m a fan of invisible set princess cuts. I love how your ring is made, with the band running underneath the center stone. It''s a style I thought about for myself many times, but decided I wanted two separate rings instead. Now can we have the specs on your diamond? Please? (I think you posted on another thread and it''s 3+ carats, right?) Thanks for the lovely eye-candy!
35.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!!! Now THAT is some bling! So you''re thinking about putting it in a halo? What are the specs of the center stone?

DIAMOND*QUEST

Shiny_Rock
WOW that's a nice ring. I second the request for the details on that round? What is your finger size if you don't mind me asking?
41.gif

Thanks for your kind words. The ring is just a little too big and "blingy" for me. I really do love the halo look, so we''re waiting for the new halo setting to come in. I felt really bad because the FI spent $$$ on this setting and I didn''t really like it. The diamond seems too high and too exposed. I am really klutzy so one hard knock somewhere might just knock the diamond out. The FI has the GIA certificate. I''m the girl and I guess I should know more about diamonds.

All I know is that it''s 2.22ct, E, and IF, my mom helped him pick it out (we''re asians, so all the asians know that the asian mothers lean towards the D, IF, VVS1, etc, or so I''ve heard and read about).

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love your ring, the setting is gorgeous!!!!
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, what a gorgeous stone and it looks huge. That is quite a commanding setting. I think you stone would look fabulous in something a little more delicate and dainty looking too. What type of halo are you looking at?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think your stone is gorgeous!!!
30.gif
30.gif
I agree the setting is a little much!! I prefer one''s that are more simple and elegant too. Can you post pics of the halo''s you are thinking of??

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curious -- for a stone of that quality, would you consider going classic 6-prong Tiffany solitaire? JadieJewels has an INCREDIBLE 2.3 carat (I think) round brilliant in a 2mm knife-edge setting that is to die for. Your stones are very similar in size/quality. If you went solitaire, your stone would be center stage, elegant, and always classic. And then you could spring for a gorgeous, blingy diamond eternity band!
31.gif

I like the look of the Simon G. I can''t copy their picture because it''s copyrighted. The ring that I''m interested in is in the Simon G catalog (online at http://www.simongjewelry.com/catalog/, page 9, 3rd one from the left).

I also like the Danhov E-6 at James Allen, but it seems too pricey.

Lora''s halo ring from this thread is beautiful: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thoughts-about-2ct-in-a-halo-setting.45296/

So basically, a halo with split shank. We''ve ordered the Simon G to see what it looks like. 3-5 weeks.

~Curious~

Danhv E-6.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
That simon g is pretty. It has a pretty big airline/space between the stone and halo which is going to add even more width to your setting. Have you tried one on in person? I always recommend trying rings on in person if possible because they look so different on our hands that giant sized on our computers.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I love your stone. I think it would look gorgeous in that halo, split-shank setting. Keep us updated on what you choose.
21.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that split shank halo design is going ot be a knockout with that stone - especially if the halo and bands are delicate - what a way to set off that huge rock!!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
wow, what an incredible diamond- and your pics are great.

the setting is sooooo amazing, but I''d react the same way you did. not my style, but I sure do admire it!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Wow, 2+ ct E IF. You can''t get any better than that!

That''s a very pretty setting, but I see what you mean about it being a bit much.
Perhaps it would be more suitable for you years down the road when you want the more mature look
2.gif

That diamond will look dynamite in a halo split shank setting.
Can''t wait to see the finished product.

Congrats on your recent engagement!

Kristy, the solitaire is a great idea. I''ll probably go the solitaire route if the Simon G doesn''t work out. I have seen a solitaire with a diamond eternity band and they are beautiful together. Thanks for the idea.

MrsSalvo, I was concerned about the space too. We were able to order it with a local jeweler at no charge so that I could check it out.

Thanks to everyone again for your kind words. I will definitely post pictures as soon as the ring has been redone. Yay!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results