shape
carat
color
clarity

CrownJewel''s Radiant!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very very pretty!

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
It''a gorgeous! I love the pave shank.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~It''s gorgeous...love love love that setting!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
yeah pics!!

it is very lovely and so sparkly!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is one sparkley ring! I don''t think I saw any metal at ALL ;D love the details!

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/29/2006 8:26:59 PM
Author: luvsdiamonds
OMG!!! The pics were worth the wait!!!! It''s gorgeous!!!!!
9.gif

ditto!!! congratulations!!
36.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Crown Jewel:
Your pictures were worth the wait
9.gif
Beautiful ring, gotta love those radiants
2.gif
!
Congratulations on your engagement!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very intricate and sparkly! Congratulations!!!

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
CrownJewel--I''ve been waiting to see your beautiful radiant!! It''s gorgeous!!! Congrats on your engagement!! I''d love to see more pictures, please....
36.gif
36.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely ring.
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!! Congrats!!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone!!! Your comments made me feel so warm on this cold autumn day!!

The macro functions on both my camera and my FI''s (!!!) cameras don''t work well enough to get a good shot of the faceting on the stone. I''m still playing with photos though. When I get some nice ones, you''ll be the first to see them! You know what I was thinking? Mara and some of the other Pricescopers should start a jewelry photography business. They''re SO good at taking pictures!

I can''t get enough of the sparkles. It''s so much fun! I think I''m obsessed...Now what to do for cleaning a pave ring? I was so hoping to buy an Ultrasonic cleaner, but I''m really scared to. I spilled coffee on it the other day, and wiped it off with Windex. Can I just clean it that way everyday?

Oh my goodness, I have to plan a wedding now! (Did I use enough exclamation points in this post? I hope we don''t run out!!!!!!)

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a photo I took just now while browsing PS. The stone looks soooo pretty even when the whole room is completely dark and I hold my hand up in front of me with my palm facing the computer screen. It looks like all the stars in the night sky were gathered into one 6mmx6mm square and forms a long tunnel of sparkles going deep into the stone. I LOVE IT!

nightsmall.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
It is a lively one!

Love the mounting too- it''s beautiful

mara54

Shiny_Rock
Wow, love the ring...very nice..congradulations on your engagement
35.gif

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t you just LOVE how radiants can be in what appears to be total darkness and pick up on some unknown or dim light source and sparkle? I love the twinkly stars!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
very pretty ring!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I like the last shot. Howabout some more "face up" photos? I know you said your macro doesn''t work that well. But ... some more radiant shots would be welcome.
21.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely worth the wait, your ring is beyond stunning!!! Congrats!!! And more pics please!!!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
THANK YOU sistagrl2004, bling*diva*, jazmine, anacgarcia, diamond*dana, mrssalvo (how was chicago?), luvsdiamonds, angeline, kaleigh, bae7, bradansmom, rascal49, anchor31, canuk-gal (can I rent your 5ct radiant for a day?), shay37, couturefemme, sundial, colored gemstone nut, dee*jay, molly1024, sophie, cehrabehra (did your ring come back yet?), suzyqz, kristydarling, jfo, stone hunter, firegoddess, sevens one, mara54, gailrmv.

I totally forgot to mention how much I''ve enjoyed looking at all of your rings and ideas, and also reading your stories. You''re such a great group of supportive, fun, kind and generous diamond fans.

I will use any excuse to take more photos of my ring, so even the slightest encouragement will set me off running for my camera. After seeing Stone Hunter''s beautiful fire shots, I decided to try some too. And I also wanted to capture the autumn colors to generate a theme for our autumn engagement. I love the fall. I like the other seasons just because they circle me back to autumn. :)

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
More pictures please!! I love that last picture with the pretty fall colors. More closeups too! Is that encouragement enough?
31.gif

Hey, you may have mentioned this before and I missed it, but any thoughts on a wedding band? I realize you just got this beauty, so it may not be on your mind yet, but... I''m just curious :)

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Let''s try posting some photos from snapfish. I hope this doesn''t turn out to be another "tease" session like my first post.

If you look at the lower half of the stone, you can see the rainbows jumping around inside:

A couple composition shots:

An attempt to show you the radiant''s circular facet pattern:

Some rainbows and a dirty window sill:

I wanted to somehow capture the play of colors within the stone, which is what I think is so great about this particular radiant. In all types of light (and even lack of light), the stone is very "glittery." This radiant''s facets are very small compared to the other radiants that we looked at, and they may seem to be sort of "scattered" and disorganized, but I think it gives a very unique character. I think there''s a certain charm to the absence of a pattern, but that may not be for everyone. I do also love the hearts and arrows pattern of a round brilliant, and the step cuts too.

And now we will end the show with fireworks:

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
jfo: I''m a little nervous about the search for a wedding band. Maybe something like your princess channel set band with milgrain on the band? I actually don''t want pave on my wedding band because there may be times that I will want to wear JUST the wedding band, so it must be more sturdy and "ultrasonic-able." I also thought about getting a round brilliant shared prong eternity band. The band will have to be thin because right now, there is only about 1cm of finger between my e-ring and knuckle. There isn''t a whole lot of "land" to build on.

I''m not a matchy type person. I''m rather schizophrenic with my style. Here''s the thing though, I like the look of eternity bands but I''m scared I''ll whack the heck out of the palm-side stones. I''m very active with my hands, carrying heavy things, etc. Some of my rings are warped and bent, and I''ve broken a lapis square out of a Tiffany ring. I can think of at least 3 other rings that I can''t wear anymore because stones are missing. I''m super low maintenance. Why did I get a pave band? Not very good for the insurance policy right?

I think I''m going to be totally unreasonable and get an eternity band anyway because I don''t like the look of half-eternities (or at least I haven''t seen any YET that I like).

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
CJ it looks wonderful!!! blingarific! Congrats!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I''m loving the sparkles and fire!!!
30.gif

missantique

Rough_Rock
WOW. It''s stunning. I just love that setting.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I am a new owner of a radiant and I loved your analogy of all the stars in the sky. So true! Your stone and setting are gorgeous.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the compliments on my fire shots.
9.gif
Yours turned out very very well.

Good Luck deciding on your band. It''s hard when you have very little finger space.
6.gif

susi

Shiny_Rock
Crown Jewel, I love it!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

It looks so wearable, yet is full of bling.....it''s perfect!!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Mara: Thanks for your compliments! My fiance saw your post and he said, "Haha she said ''blingarific''!! That''s awesome." And just now he said, "Looks like you have new friends."

bling*diva*: Thanks! I love all your avatar changes.

missantique: Thank you! I was looking for something with an antique-y, regal look to it. I loved the look of detailed baskets and there are some beautiful settings on faycullen.com with baskets/heads that look like royal crowns. Most of them (ok, actually ALL of them) were made for round stones, and that just broke my heart. Round stones don''t look as good as square cuts on my hand. Which is not to say, LARGE round stones don''t look as good. :) Did you find out more about your antique illusion setting? Sounds like you''ll have a great Christmas! I''m excited to see what it looks like.

justjulia: Cheers to radiants! I''m so glad you''re loving your new stone! It looks so beautiful in that setting.

Stone Hunter: Thank you. I totally need a new camera.

susi: You''re right, it is wearable. It took a few days to get used to having a ring on that finger. It is a little chunkier on the sides, so that I can''t hold all my fingers flush against each other, but now I''m accustomed to the feel of it and it''s very comfortable. By the way, I admired your Tiffany Lucida while we were still shopping for stones and rings. It''s just beautiful. And your 3+ carat RB is to die for. I also have an I stone and for the most part, it''s amazingly white. When I try to photograph it indoors with a flash, the color shows, but that''s the only time. I also heard that radiant cuts can intensify color...which I didn''t know until after we bought the stone. My fiance says that the appraiser thought this was a G color VVS2!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results