shape
carat
color
clarity

Cool shots of my Kwiat's I got.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was taking advantage of the nice sunny and 55 degree day we are having before snowpocolypse is set to hit us tonight and thought I'd take a few good shots of these. I don't have too many pics of them but I played with the Olloclip to get the super closeups. I am waffling on keeping them as it is, so I figured now's a good time to get some decent shots. I couldn't believe the fire one got the actual fire. Stupid phone camera never seems to actually get it.

amesupercloseupkwiat1.jpg

amekwiatglamourlowres.jpg

amekwiatglamour2lowres.jpg

amekwiatfirelowres.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very nice! Why don't you want to keep them?

cheers--Sharon

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1364076924|3411944 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon
It's not so much that I don't *want* to keep them, I just never wear them and I feel like maybe someone who actually will wear them should have them. I thought I'd always keep them in and take them out like every week for cleaning or something, and with as much gunk as I put in my hair to keep it this crazy-ass bright orange, I just don't ever really put them in. I think I've seriously worn them like 5 times. I am ashamed of myself for never wearing my stuff. I don't have much stuff, I love all my stuff, I just never wear it. I look at it in it's little perfect boxes, clean it, loupe it, carry it around with the intention of putting it on...never do. Depressing really.

They're beautiful, the perfect size I think, and upgradeable through Nordstroms Kwiat upgrade thing if I or whoever ever wanted larger, but I just never put them in.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
And a few earshots

Specs I forgot to post:
.33ctw, H-I SI clarity. I think one is VS possibly VS1, bec it's like completely clean under 30x, I have tried like hell to find ANYTHING in there since I got them, and the other is definitely SI1-2. It's completely eye clean but not loupe clean.

side note, anyone that's ever done stretching should be impressed by the amount of contraction that I got after several years. I never went beyond 6G tho.

earshot1.jpg

earshot2.jpg

earshot3.jpg

earshot4.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1364077239|3411948 said:
canuk-gal|1364076924|3411944 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon
It's not so much that I don't *want* to keep them, I just never wear them and I feel like maybe someone who actually will wear them should have them. I thought I'd always keep them in and take them out like every week for cleaning or something, and with as much gunk as I put in my hair to keep it this crazy-ass bright orange, I just don't ever really put them in. I think I've seriously worn them like 5 times. I am ashamed of myself for never wearing my stuff. I don't have much stuff, I love all my stuff, I just never wear it. I look at it in it's little perfect boxes, clean it, loupe it, carry it around with the intention of putting it on...never do. Depressing really.

They're beautiful, the perfect size I think, and upgradeable through Nordstroms Kwiat upgrade thing if I or whoever ever wanted larger, but I just never put them in.

HI:

Here's the thing, that carbon has gone through alot more than hair gunk. And from your own description of hair color, they might enhance it!

What is known is that you are adept with cleaning and louping--that is your gig. Take it one step further and put them in your ears. Although it is unknown, What is the worst that can happen? You might even enjoy them. :saint: :bigsmile:

Life is short, wear beautiful things.

ETA: they look great!

cheers--Sharon

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're so pretty, Ame!! Very nice size on you! <3

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are very pretty, Ame. I think you should wear them and enjoy them. They clean. :appl:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies! The size is about perfect, I think. My debate with myself is if I sold them, would I wear a pair of bezel set more if I got those, and if so would they stay "cleaner" longer? Probably not. But they'd be the same size overall in the end. Maybe I'd feel more "safe" with bezel studs? I dunno. I don't know if I'd wear those any more or less. I just feel like having something I never wear is a waste.

For the hair--the stuff I use for maintenance stains EVERY THING IT TOUCHES, and bleach is about the only thing that will remove it on most things--if it will remove the stain at all, which is why I don't leave them in for that. I don't want to risk it actually staining diamonds. Highly unlikely but I don't really wanna find out. But hey, orange diamonds are rare!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ame, naturally you'd take out your studs when coloring your hair. I don't put mine in until my hair is dry, and if I use hair spray, that is already done before I put in my earrings. Putting on my jewelry is the last thing I do once I am completely dressed. Then at night, I take them off before going to bed. Enjoy your studs and other jewelry and clean it maybe once a week!!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I clean it deeply every week at least, but I clean it morning and night when it's on, like when Im putting it on, and taking it back off. OCD.

The hair stuff is essentially maintenance. Besides actual dye, this is a color depositing conditioner, I also have a depositing leave in mix I use midweek as well. A lot of gunk! I just wasn't really thinking about that when I thought "Ok I can leave these in all the time". Yea uh no I cannot.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're lovely! For goodness sake (and I say that with love, ame) just wear them - and drop them in jewelry cleaner when you take them off.

ETA - Your work is all about beauty and creating beautiful things for others. Please don't deny yourself this bit of beauty.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1364092590|3412099 said:
They're lovely! For goodness sake (and I say that with love, ame) just wear them - and drop them in jewelry cleaner when you take them off.

ETA - Your work is all about beauty and creating beautiful things for others. Please don't deny yourself this bit of beauty.
I am all about that...for OTHERS. For myself, comfort and practicality seem to trump all. I wear the same shoes everyday, which I apparently buy in bulk, navy slip on converse. I wear jeans and some variant of a layered tshirt/tanktop combo on top. Its boring but it works.

AHH Drop?! I am too anal for that ;-)

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
They are gorgeous Ame! Could you try wearing them on days you put your hair up?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you should keep them, and keep them this size. Put them in your 2nd piercing that I see! Then buy other bigger, more statement earrings for your lowest piercing :love: Larger pearls? Hoops?

mamadelmar

Shiny_Rock
Why not have these re-set in bezels if that would make you more inclined to wear them?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
JaneSmith|1364097116|3412130 said:
They are gorgeous Ame! Could you try wearing them on days you put your hair up?
Well, that would be every day hah!

madelise|1364105303|3412187 said:
I think you should keep them, and keep them this size. Put them in your 2nd piercing that I see! Then buy other bigger, more statement earrings for your lowest piercing :love: Larger pearls? Hoops?
I don't even think I can get anything in the other holes anymore. ALL my upper piercings have been empty for at least 5 years. You can't even see my conch, my rook, tragus, helix...my industrials, any of those anymore. I think you can only see these main three bec they were stretched.

mamadelmar|1364132786|3412260 said:
Why not have these re-set in bezels if that would make you more inclined to wear them?
I have considered that as well, though I felt like it might be better to allow someone the option to be able to upgrade these intact if they bought them, yknow? Instead of taking them apart and losing that option.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
ame|1364077862|3411958 said:
side note, anyone that's ever done stretching should be impressed by the amount of contraction that I got after several years. I never went beyond 6G tho.

That's exactly where I went, too! You can't even tell I did it, anymore. Didn't keep them there for long, though.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
manderz|1364173487|3412616 said:
ame|1364077862|3411958 said:

That's exactly where I went, too! You can't even tell I did it, anymore. Didn't keep them there for long, though.
I only had the 6's in for about a year but the 8-10-12 was in for 5+ years. I took those out for my wedding so I could wear normal earrings I had designed for the wedding.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
That was my issue, too. I'm apparently too fickle and girly to not be able to change into pretty, delicate earrings if I wanted to.

How do you like the 3 prong settings for your earrings? Are they any different comfort wise?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Better than the big CBRs when on the phone but still too "there" and noticeable on the phone. I can feel them there, when I answer the phone. I don't know if a bezel set stud would do anything to change that?

I had planned to have my CBRs put right back in after the wedding before we left for the honeymoon but I didn't get back to my piercer in time to get them put back in before we left. Our brunch thing started later than planned and by the time everyone left and our packing was done it just wasnt happening. And then we were gone for a week and that was enough time for me to shrug and say eh. I did put the smaller sets back in about a month later, I think the 8 10 12 or 10 12 14 and I think when my appendix had to come out the following year or two later EVERYTHING came out that day. My parents were elated. I never put much back in after that. I still have a few spots showing from some of it, but almost all the holes are completely gone now. :cry: Oh well.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
ame|1364093607|3412105 said:

I am all about that...for OTHERS. For myself, comfort and practicality seem to trump all. I wear the same shoes everyday, which I apparently buy in bulk, navy slip on converse. I wear jeans and some variant of a layered tshirt/tanktop combo on top. Its boring but it works.

Ame - it is time to live on the wild side. There are some really cute converse in the Nordstrom Catalogue that just came out...I don't have any converse and I saw these and was thinking how awesome these are...

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/converse-chuck-taylor-all-star-animal-print-sneaker-women/3371779?origin=PredictiveSearch&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=0

lol! Would be cute with a pair of jeans and a plain t-shirt from Old Navy ;))

I have read through the responses. Your earrings are beautiful and we would all love for you to wear them, but it sounds like we can't convince you to do so, so possibly trying bezels would be your next option. Possibly keep a watch out for a small pair of preloved in platinum so the price is more reasonable considering you're not sure if they're your thing or not! If you don't wear them, you could resell w/out loosing out on what you paid.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
MC|1364314005|3413735 said:
ame|1364093607|3412105 said:

Ame - it is time to live on the wild side. There are some really cute converse in the Nordstrom Catalogue that just came out...I don't have any converse and I saw these and was thinking how awesome these are...

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/converse-chuck-taylor-all-star-animal-print-sneaker-women/3371779?origin=PredictiveSearch&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=0

lol! Would be cute with a pair of jeans and a plain t-shirt from Old Navy ;))

I have read through the responses. Your earrings are beautiful and we would all love for you to wear them, but it sounds like we can't convince you to do so, so possibly trying bezels would be your next option. Possibly keep a watch out for a small pair of preloved in platinum so the price is more reasonable considering you're not sure if they're your thing or not! If you don't wear them, you could resell w/out loosing out on what you paid.
I don't even really wear my rings. I just...don't. I can't use my hands if I have rings on. So...I don't know what will convince me to wear these.

But like for example--those shoes would never get worn bec they're not practical enough and don't go with enough stuff.

Ive done all my wild side livin. Im old and boring now!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know if bezels would be any more comfortable for you. I wear my bezels daily, and although they are larger (1.3 ctw) I notice them just as much as anything else I've worn. My diamonds scratch my phone screen :(. I think the most annoying part is, at work when I answer the phone, and hang up, the little empty notch that holds the phone onto the cradle catches my earring and yanks as I try and hang up. Not pleasant!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results