shape
carat
color
clarity

cool funky wedding band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IndieQueen001

Rough_Rock
How many of the ladies out there wear just a funky wedding band instead of your e-ring or set?
Please show pics!!!

IndieQueen001

Rough_Rock
no, none???
33.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There must be some reluctant cases... given that some of the pave rings do not allow weddingbands next to them. And then, there are the eternity bands worn by themselves, and this is about all I can recall.

Just about time for the w-band enthusiasts to show up!
9.gif

What do you have in mind for a special, stand-alone w-ring ?
2.gif

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
This isn''t mine, but I think it would make a great w-ring.

w-band.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
I sometimes wear this instead of my wedding set. Centrestone is a 0.65 ct yellow diamond. Don't remember the other specs right now.

YellowDiaRing.JPG

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Or this band with RB and princess cut diamonds. Again, don''t remember the specs. Sorry....

PrincessBand.JPG

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock

I love this thread and I think the rings are gorgeous! As one of those women who ''wants everything'' I also find myself coveting those thick all-in-one bands in place of a wedding set some days. Just gorgeous! I know the first DimendScassi ring looks very similar to one I''ve seen on faycullen.com. They''re both gorgeous and would look beautiful as stand alone wedding rings.

E B

Ideal_Rock
IndieQueen, they''re both beautiful, but my favorite is #2. So feminine!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2005 11:33:02 PM
Author: DiaDiva
I sometimes wear this instead of my wedding set. Centrestone is a 0.65 ct yellow diamond. Don''t remember the other specs right now.
This is a really neat ring! Did you design it yourself?

susi

Shiny_Rock
This is the one I wear most often now.....as much as I used to be into "wedding sets" I''m not as much, anymore.

1kaplanagain4.JPG

IndieQueen001

Rough_Rock
FG, I know how you feel!!! I want a dainty set, a strong set, something with colored diamonds, and a cool stand alone wedding band. Is that too much to ask?!?!
9.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Firegoddess, I love the two rings you posted! Before I got married two years ago, I had my heart set on something like those for my wedding band. Unfortunately, when I went with my then fiance to look at bands at the same jeweler he purchased my e-ring from, they had nothing like that in stock. The guy we deal with there was kind enough to let me drool over some prototypes of those kinds of styles in a book he could order one from, but after I had found one and asked how much it would be to have it set with diamonds, he said it would be a lot less expensive (than the traditional styles already in his case.) I then was basically persuaded by him to go with a $2,500 platinum band with two rows of invisible set princess diamonds (my center stone is round) because he also was against me getting channel set rounds to go with the center stone (because they get dirty in between so easily). The band itself is nice, and he was right that it could be worn alone and was a very "clean" look with my e-ring setting, which is just a plain 2.5 mm platinum band. If I could ever figure out how to post pics I would...Anyway I walked out of there dissatisfied, two years have passed and I am still dreaming of a "funky" band...only now it will be in addition to the wedding band, on my right hand!!! Hubby also knows my e-ring setting is being upgraded to one with invisible set princesses on the sides to match the original wedding band. That''s what he gets for letting his jeweler railroad me! LOL
By the way, where did the pictures you posted come from? I haven''t been able to find something I liked that much online. Christmas and birthdays are coming up in the next 6 months and I was thinking of asking for a Tag Heuer watch for one of those, but now my appetite for an awesome non-traditional band has been re-whetted!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/17/2005 11:54:26 PM
Author: IndieQueen001

I''m sorry.. I can''t get pics to upload.. but I have these in mind...
There are more of the kind in the preview list at FayCullen and more in her shop. They may be identical to the ones at Scassi or a little different. Could be from the same manufacturer, judging by the looks.

Try this link to Fay''s new listings not yet on her website but linked to her ''newsletter'' which came in yesterday or so.

To see some semifinished models try Adwar''s website - these below come from there:

AdwarBands.JPG

IndieQueen001

Rough_Rock
Val - The second ring on the Fay Cullen site is GEORGEOUS! Thank you for the pictures.
I also like the emerald eternity ring (so did my hubby
1.gif
)

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
Hi

I have seen this fabulous ring at Danhov''s site. It is described as a "designer hand engraved band with rubys" I think it is gorgeous and quite unusual and funky. ( Danhov )

Maya

danhov bands.jpg

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/18/2005 7:41:05 AM
Author: diamondlil

Date: 10/17/2005 11:33:02 PM
Author: DiaDiva
I sometimes wear this instead of my wedding set. Centrestone is a 0.65 ct yellow diamond. Don''t remember the other specs right now.
This is a really neat ring! Did you design it yourself?
No, it was a pre-set and it just so happens to fit the diamond. That made it a lot cheaper to set than an original hand-made piece. Glad you liked it.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if this qualifies as funky... but it surely is a classic! It was fun tracking down a ring design in time like this.

DKF.JPG

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
oneringonelifeonelove.gif

I wear this ring when it wouldn''t be a good idea to wear my wedding set - it''s engraved in the elvish language from JRR Tolkein''s The Lord of the Rings.
The inscription says "one ring, one life, one love" in elvish script. The band is set with three diamonds.

Oh Wait - this is the thread for "funky" rings - Maybe this belongs on the thread for "nerdy" rings!

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/19/2005 4:04:06 AM
Author: tanuki
oneringonelifeonelove.gif

I wear this ring when it wouldn''t be a good idea to wear my wedding set - it''s engraved in the elvish language from JRR Tolkein''s The Lord of the Rings.
The inscription says ''one ring, one life, one love'' in elvish script. The band is set with three diamonds.

Oh Wait - this is the thread for ''funky'' rings - Maybe this belongs on the thread for ''nerdy'' rings!
I love that!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Go to this website for Beautifully, Funky rings --

sorry for the link -- i wish i knew how to upload it directly into this box, but all the graphics are over 1KB.

http://www.hidalgojewelry.com/

then view collections starting at 2001, i believe

Psychobroker

Rough_Rock
I'm sorry, but what's the point of the set's wring if you're not going to wear it, or worse, play musical rings? For me, the wring means as much as the ering, as it symbolizes the everlasting and eternal. Swapping it out diminishes the meaning behind it, in my opinion.

Having said that, the ring you linked is gorgeous!

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/19/2005 12:34:42 PM
Author: Psychobroker
I''m sorry, but what''s the point of the set''s wring if you''re not going to wear it, or worse, play musical rings? For me, the wring means as much as the ering, as it symbolizes the everlasting and eternal. Swapping it out diminishes the meaning behind it, in my opinion.

Hi Christian, I think it''s a girl thing. Our w-ring''s and e-ring''s are very sentimental to us. But, sometimes it''s not pratical to wear our beautiful stones, and it''s a great excuse to wear another beautiful piece. Jewelry is like art and it''s fun to have differnt pieces. But, that doesn''t take away from the meaning behind our w/e-ring sets. Does that make sense? I know...women are complicated.
20.gif

Psychobroker

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/19/2005 1:58:59 PM
Author: marvel

Date: 10/19/2005 12:34:42 PM
Author: Psychobroker
I''m sorry, but what''s the point of the set''s wring if you''re not going to wear it, or worse, play musical rings? For me, the wring means as much as the ering, as it symbolizes the everlasting and eternal. Swapping it out diminishes the meaning behind it, in my opinion.

Hi Christian, I think it''s a girl thing. Our w-ring''s and e-ring''s are very sentimental to us. But, sometimes it''s not pratical to wear our beautiful stones, and it''s a great excuse to wear another beautiful piece. Jewelry is like art and it''s fun to have differnt pieces. But, that doesn''t take away from the meaning behind our w/e-ring sets. Does that make sense? I know...women are complicated.
20.gif
I guess so, especially the part about not wearing it when it''s not practical (i.e. yard work). My "traditional" feeling behind an e-ring is that it comes from the man''s heart, to last forever, as a symbol of the man and woman''s love and commitment. This is why I''m targeting a style of wring that can be worn on it''s own, so it doesn''t look naked or odd w/o the wring. My GF actually prefers this.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results