shape
carat
color
clarity

Considering E-Ring Reset, Advice Wanted

ipodobe

Rough_Rock
Looking to reset my solitaire engagement ring in a better setting. I've always liked solitaires, and still do, but thinking of a little upgrading.

Specs:
Round Brilliant
5.81-5.82 x 3.58mm
Weight: 0.74 carat
Color: F
Clarity: SI2
Cut: Excellent
14k white gold w/ platinum prongs

I know it isn't the biggest diamond out there, but my husband spent a ton of time and care picking it out for me. We were both young, so it was (and is) a really nice stone! It has a ton of sentimental value and I adore it. It creates so much sparkle. With that being said, I would like a little more oomph to it, without looking like I'm trying to make a small stone look bigger.

I have a channel set white gold wedding band, with diamonds halfway around. I'm not particularly attached to it, but if I can still use it with a new e-ring, all the better.

I'll post some pics of what I'm looking at in this thread, below. I'm leaning towards three stone settings.

Thank you!

_25838.jpg

_25839.jpg

_25840.jpg

ipodobe

Rough_Rock
Looking at a BG Trelis setting. I am chatting with Jamie a bit and he suggested doing .40 side stones.

Also I love pears...so I am looking at the BG Summer setting as well.

Any thoughts on if my wedding band would work with either of these? I also would like something a little more unique but still classic...does anyone have any suggestions? Another super basic question, but could I get platinum and wear it with my white gold band?

5376w18-3.jpg

5371w18-3.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the first one would go better with your existing wedding band; however, you say you're not really attached to it, but I wouldn't make that the deciding factor anyway. I wear mixed metals every day.. People do worry about different metals wearing down each other; however, I just want to point put that they won't look the same color next to each other.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooooooh, I LOVE LOVE the second one! I think the pears allow the center stone to really stand out, while side RBs would take away from your beloved diamond.

ipodobe

Rough_Rock
HappyNewLife|1420658467|3813068 said:
ooooooh, I LOVE LOVE the second one! I think the pears allow the center stone to really stand out, while side RBs would take away from your beloved diamond.

Yes...that's my thought too with the 3 stone RB ring. :think:

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
Another vote for the pear sides. They are so incredibly elegant and highlight the centre stone.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I went back and forth between those two settings and ended up going with the Summer in platinum. I love it, so that's my vote! Your band would probably work with it. I wore a white gold, bead set channel eternity band with mine for months until I recently bought a platinum channel set band. I had no problems at all mixing metals, and I really didn't notice much of a color difference.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You will get more finger presence with the side rounds. I prefer side pears with a larger center stone. My sister actually had a diamond the same size as yours and added side stones (round) for an anniversary at some point. It made a huge difference in the appearance of the ring! You certainly can use the same band with a three stone ring.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pears would look lovely with your stone in the center. I think it would give you the finger presence you are looking for and not compete and let your round stone take center stage. If you love pears then go with what you love.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1420677749|3813216 said:
You will get more finger presence with the side rounds. I prefer side pears with a larger center stone. My sister actually had a diamond the same size as yours and added side stones (round) for an anniversary at some point. It made a huge difference in the appearance of the ring! You certainly can use the same band with a three stone ring.

+1 completely...

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1420696325|3813360 said:
diamondseeker2006|1420677749|3813216 said:

+1 completely...

+ 2 I was going to say much the same, 3 x RBs give better finger coverage the pears work better with big stones....

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
ipodobe|1420646028|3812979 said:
Looking at a BG Trelis setting. I am chatting with Jamie a bit and he suggested doing .40 side stones.

Also I love pears...so I am looking at the BG Summer setting as well.

Any thoughts on if my wedding band would work with either of these? I also would like something a little more unique but still classic...does anyone have any suggestions? Another super basic question, but could I get platinum and wear it with my white gold band?

For almost 10 years, I basically had the ring you're contemplating- .78ct center and .83ctw sides in a trellis setting. I loved it!

Gemmy123

Shiny_Rock
I think round sides would give the ring more presence on the finger than the pear...but I also love pear sides. I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results